Valentine's concerts in Manchester and Birmingham

Val4Gareth

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Musical theatre News site now advertising both the Manchester and Birmingham show.

http://wwwmusicaltheatrenews.blogspot.com/2011/01/gareth-gates-scarlett-strallen-in.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2Fwckr+%28Musical+Theatre+News%29&utm_content=Twitter

Sounds as if Gareth and Scarlett will be singing lots in this Show. :thumbsup:

Thursday, January 6, 2011Gareth Gates & Scarlett Strallen in Valentines at the Musicals Concert

West End stars Gareth Gates and Scarlett Strallen are performing in the concert Valentines at the Musicals which will be held at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester on 13th February at 15:00 and the Symphony Hall in Birmingham at 19:30 on 14th February.

Gareth Gates is playing Marius in Les Miserables at the Queens Theatre and Scarlett Strallen has recently been appearing in the critically acclaimed Stephen Sondheim musical Passion at the Donmar Warehouse.

They will be singing romantic songs from the musicals including Can you Feel the Love Tonight (Lion King), My Funny Valentine (Pal Joey), Can’t Take My Eyes Off You (Jersey Boys), Last Night of the World (Miss Saigon), As Long As He Needs Me (Oliver!), If I Loved You (Carousel) and How Deep Is Your Love from Saturday Night Fever.

They will be accompanied by the Capital Voices and Manchester Concert Orchestra conducted by John Rigby.

Tickets at: www.raymondgubbay.co.uk

Thanks for the link to Scarlett Strallan singing, Heather.

I am not sure about the voice (or is it the song)?

Blimey is she asking for divorce by singing with the lovely Gareth Gates on her first wedding anniversary? :lol: Romantic songs too :lol:

The 'What's On at Town Hall and Symphony Hall for February March' booklet dropped through my letter box today, with this evening being advertised :thumbsup:

I hadn't noticed this bit previously- For an extra special evening, why not try our Valentine's Hamper? You and your loved one can enjoy Champagne & Luxury chocolates in our private members area for just £30 per couple. :wub:

What a lovely treat for you eternal. How much do those hampers cost for groups of giddy women? :innocent::blink::wub::jump:

LOL

You know, I was sort of thinking similar (well sort of) thoughts.

Can just imagine some guy hoping to impress his new girl with champagne, chocs and a concert of romantic songs, only to have her drooling over Gareth and his voice. :rofl:

Great news Heather. :thumbsup:

You know, I've been looking at the promoter's website: http://www.raymondgubbay.co.uk/ and they put on a lot of concerts. A mixture of one off events and small tours, so if these events go well, it is possible that they might have Gareth back doing more some other time, perhaps in other venues.

I also wonder if it is significant that they have picked two venues in cities where Les Miserables visited? I'm sure Gareth picked up a lot of new fans, or revived a lot of interest amongst those who went, and who realised it was him, lol. Hopefully there will be some local press about it, so it might be worth keeping an eye out. :wub:

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks Elaine , I decided to go to The Manchester show , something to look forward to :thumbsup:

So pleased you decided to go Heather. :D

I think that both shows will be very special.

You never know if they are a success he may do something similar down South.

Guest NicolaJayne

I am happy to say I have now booked my tickets and going to the Valentine Concert in Birmingham. :thumbsup:

Still cant quite believe I am going.

I have asked my hubby every night and each time the answer has been the same, but tonight I used a different tactic and said I didn't want to go out for a meal this Valentines Day as we usually do because I would be wishing I was at the concert instead, and he said you had better book to go to Birmingham then.

I was just about to look for a cheap hotel when he said we would come straight back so he only needs to take one day off work. :D