Valentine's concerts in Manchester and Birmingham

Val4Gareth

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting about the concerts making it into the Telegraph & Argus, Val. I had bought the paper earlier today, as it's "jobs day" today but I just went straight to the jobs section without looking through the rest of the paper. However gone back through it now and found the piece on Gareth. :thumbsup:

I have scanned it up, but apologies for it not being great quality.

img002-2.jpg

Lovely article and pic, thanks for scanning the paper.

Just wish they would get their facts right, having the 2nd biggest single in the last 10 years is a huge achievement in itself, they dont have to say its the biggest.

But the rest is lovely and hopefully lots of people will want to hear them both sing and buy tickets. :thumbsup:

Gareth_Gates Gareth Gates

Come to "Valentine Concert with Scarlett Strallen" 14 February from 19:30 to 22:30. Box Office: 0121 780 3333... http://fb.me/QpJGE9yj

3 hours ago Gareth_Gates Gareth Gates

Come to "Valentine Concert with Scarlett Strallen" 13 February from 15:00 to 18:00. Box Office: 0161 907 9000... http://fb.me/xxauucH3

Thanks for the scan. I hadn't really thought of people from the Bradford area going (except those on here, lol), but it isn't really that far when you consider it's an afternoon concert. At the very least it lets people in his home town know what he's up to. :wub:

Yes, but I wouldn't trust the Facebook page for timing. It's often wrong. The start time is accurate, but it's probably just a default setting that it's on for three hours. A lot of Gareth's gigs are three hours long, including his Daybreak interview, and the one on Radio Leeds, and his (cancelled) PA at Leeds University, and the DJ gig in Newport.

That's why I decided to ask the promoter specifically that question, and as they are organising the whole thing, they ought to know. I told them I had to book train tickets, so they'd be pretty irresponsible telling me it should all be finished by 5:30, if it's really scheduled to be 6pm. That would be a very long show anyway. Most of these things are just a couple of hours - Les Miserables is considered something of an epic, lol.

It would have been much easier if they started at 2:30, or even 2pm! 3pm seems really quite late, but perhaps they are planning to have a morning rehearsal or something, lol.

I hope the man is right after all of that, but unless something exceptional happens to hold things up, I would presume they'll be finished by 5:30pm.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks as if we're in for a great night - Gareth tweeted this earlit this afternoon:

Now learning about 12 new songs for these Valentines concerts! Who's coming?!

about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

I wonder if those are twelve brand new songs he's never sung before, or if he's just listing them all and learning the arrangements for this particular concert. Either way, I'll be happy. :wub:

He also previously tweeted this, and I wonder if it is in any way relevant, or if he was avoiding! :P

Watching South Pacific, a classic movie!

about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

You can see loads of people replying to Gareth to ask where he's doing the concerts. I hope he notices and takes the opportunity to give everyone the details.

I had a quick look at the seating plan for both concerts and they seem to be selling quite well now. A lot more gone since I looked a week ago, especially in Birmingham. :thumbsup:

What a fantastic night its going to be having Gareth sing that many songs. I've never been to anything ( as I missed out on the concerts when he did his GYOW and other tours) where I've heard him sing that much. Really looking forward to this one. :jump: :jump: :jump:

You can see loads of people replying to Gareth to ask where he's doing the concerts. I hope he notices and takes the opportunity to give everyone the details

I noticed that too,noticed more asked that than people saying if they are going or not,i noticed val had replied to one person telling them then i replied to one too but theres also others so yup i agree hopefully he will give details as im sure he will read the replies especially with him asking if people are going.

I noticed that too,noticed more asked that than people saying if they are going or not,i noticed val had replied to one person telling them then i replied to one too but theres also others so yup i agree hopefully he will give details as im sure he will read the replies especially with him asking if people are going.

Hopefully he will notice, and notice that it's more than just one or two people. Sometimes people ask him about something like that and if he does answer, he tends to just answer directly to them - which means most people following him won't read it.

This is why I think he ought to have his Facebook page (or OS) in the web page bit of his twitter, because then it would be easy for people who want to find out more, but are too embarassed to ask.

Yes, it would be best if Gareth replied himself to everyone in general.

Did you put @Gareth_Gates in your reply Maria. At least then it shows up for anyone who looks at the replies to Gareth. If you don't it only shows up on that persons page.

Its good to know the concerts have been advertised in the Sunday Mail.:thumbsup:

I think only Gareth's biggest fans search for messages sent to him and if they know how to, and can be bothered searching @Gareth_Gates, they'll be able to find his Facebook. If Gareth is looking through his messages, he'll see that, but he might just think that if someone else has told the person then he doesn't need to. It also means that when Gareth looks for messages to him, he will see people tweeting to him (and someone else) where his concerts are, and would have to scroll back through them to find the original questions.

I think it's good to tell individuals, but it will be better if Gareth actually announces the information to everyone following him.

Yes, it would be best if Gareth replied himself to everyone in general.

Did you put @Gareth_Gates in your reply Maria. At least then it shows up for anyone who looks at the replies to Gareth. If you don't it only shows up on that persons page.

Its good to know the concerts have been advertised in the Sunday Mail.:thumbsup:

Thanks Val for letting me know incase :) just checked now and nope i didnt put @Gareth_Gates so i deleted it and put it back including it :)