Gareth at the Dartford Festival, 17th July

dorral

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Gareth involved in a festival or two. Not much of a rest for him after Les Mis then?

No, although I think it would be good if he has a string of these lined up so he can get properly into it, instead of it being the odd gig as he's done the last couple of years. We know he's got a full band for the Heaven gig, so hopefully he'll be getting his money's worth out of them and using them a few times. :thumbsup:

And to be fair, if he's only working five days a week, it's one day less than at the moment! :icecream:

• 2 months later...

I think that's what they've been doing for the past few years, but if you look back at who they've booked, they tend to fall into the "for all the family" category, rather than pop stars as such. Actually, if you look at that article, they said it's the fourth year they've done it.

These events always have multiple headliners. And as Gareth is playing there on the same day as elsewhere, his exact position in the schedule is dicated by that, not politics. I don't think it matters that much anyway and arguably, the more they have other high profile acts on the line-up, the more people who will turn up and be impressed by Gareth. :D

My main concern is the sort of person it attracts might not be music fans, so while people might enjoy Gareth, and be impressed, they might not be the sort that would bother buying any of his music.

Yes I did see that, but taking into account the recent publicity for the acts from BGT, Gareth may not be seen at the headlining act which I thought he was going to be.

Val I rang Dartford Council weeks ago to see which day Gareth would be on and they told me he is Headlining on the Sunday :)

None of the other people they have mentioned are as big Gareth, I think he'll pull the crowds in, like he did at South Shields last year, someone told me they had been going to South Shields Festival for 25 years and there had never seen as many people as they were last year :)

Looks like Gareth will have a nice group of fangirls after him at Dartford.

@kingmartha july? OMG you guys should come to dartfest! Everyones coming to mine for the weekend and we're gonna fan girl over gareth gates

I'm sure he'll love that :thumbsup:

Brilliant - thanks for posting Elaine. I must admit to having zero interest in Ronan, and would rather see New Bounce, but then I'm not going, so it's all academic! :laugh:

It's good to see Gareth is due to be on stage for 45 minutes too - that's a decent set length, with hopefully enough time for something new. I look forward to all of the reports. :jump:

Not going to this one, but definitely think the Sunday line-up is the best. With Michael Collings and New Bounce, as well as the Take That Experience and Glee Tribute. I think there may have been someone else I've forgotten to mention. Oh yes of course, Mr GARETH GATES. Thank goodness I shall be seeing him earlier in the day at Bath. :jump:

Hope everyone going to these events have a great time :) though im sure you will :)

Wish there was something I could get to,was meant to be going to Heaven :(

You'll get to Heaven Maria, excuse the pun! Thanks for your kind wishes, we will have a lovely time, and I sincerely hope there will be one near to you very soon.

We usually get the best of the weather down our little corner, bus sadly the forecast is not good for the weekend. I do hope it doesn't spoil the Festival because people tend to stay away from open air events in bad weather. That is unless they are Gareth fans! :thumbsup:

We usually get the best of the weather down our little corner, bus sadly the forecast is not good for the weekend. I do hope it doesn't spoil the Festival because people tend to stay away from open air events in bad weather. That is unless they are Gareth fans! :thumbsup:

It can't be as bad as Mayfest in Sheffield in 2007 that was diabolical we arrive at about 11am and it was cold and pouring with rain, 6 hours we stood there waiting for Gareth to come on :) Oh he was worth the wait :wub:

It can't be as bad as Mayfest in Sheffield in 2007 that was diabolical we arrive at about 11am and it was cold and pouring with rain, 6 hours we stood there waiting for Gareth to come on :) Oh he was worth the wait :wub:

Yes I remember you telling me about that. Don't forget your wellies and brolley June! LOL

Yes I remember you telling me about that. Don't forget your wellies and brolley June! LOL

Don't do Wellies or Brolley :lol:

Was going to mention mayfest earlier lol true nothing can be as bad as that,but like by magic it stopped raining when we met Gareth lol x

Yes it did :) I'll never forget what Gareth did that day Maria, we all went round the back afterwards hoping to see Gareth come out and 19 just drove straight out and we started to head home and someone said Gareth coming back! He had told 19 to turn around and he came back to see us, bless him, I think he knew by the state of us,we'd been waiting for him all day in the rain :) HAPPY MEMORIES :)

lol true you don't do brolly or wellies as you didn't have any that day and you was soaked along with the rest of us,I can't remember about you but I know Natalie didn't even have a coat on so she was well soaked bless her lol

Yeah I will never forget that day and the car turning back :) definitely happy memories :)

Hope you and everyone else going has a brilliant time xxx