Gareth at the Dartford Festival, 17th July

dorral

Thanks so much for the report, photos and videos, Gareth looked to be having a really good time and got an excellent reception - I especially loved him singing Valerie!:thumbsup:

Now, I wonder why Val :whistle: .:rofl:

No, all joking aside, he sang it beautifully.:wub:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We arrived about 2-30 at Dartford, and it was raining, so we headed for the main stage to get as close to the front as we could. We stood about 4 rows back, and after a while I spotted Elaine on one side and Vera on the other. We waved to each other, but couldn't go up andd speak, as we were tightly hemmed in, and didn't want to lose our places.

The schedule had been changed around, so we couldn't be sure who was coming on next. During our wait we saw Take that Tribute, Badness, and others, there is more detail in my blog.

Gradually, as the rain persisted,people started to move away, and we were getting nearer the front. It was a bit difficult to put an umbrella up, didn't want to spike anyone, as we were like sardines in a tin, so I put the hood up on my cagoule, sorry not sure if I spelt it right!

After a while the rain was dripping down my neck, and it was past the time that Gareth was due, without his name being mentioned, so I started to worry that he wasn't coming. My feet had gone to sleep, so in an effort to get some feeling back into them, I was jigging backwards and forwards, much to the delight of the man in the leather jacket singing upbeat music, who must have thought I really loved his act.

But I had nothing to worry about, as Gareth came on an hour late, and suddenly the rain stopped, and out came the sun. Well what did I expect, this young man can charm the birds out of the trees!

We had by then got right up to the barrier, with a perfect view of the stage. Gareth saw each and everyone of us, and waved more than once. The crowd was going wild, girls screaming, saying they loved him, asking him to marry them, it was so thick, when I turned round, all I could see were crowds of people stretching back a long way.

I have listed the songs he sang in my blog, not all of them though, and it's a bit confusing to remember which was sung at Maidstone, and which at Dartford. The whole theme was rock, he dressed in 1950s clothes, and his haistyle was also 50s. He was Gareth the rock god that day, just amazing, and it really got the crowd going. He also sang AOMS, and AOU, finishing as usual with SITS, this time a rock version, as opposed to the jazz version we got on Friday.

Interestingly Keith had gone shopping, and planned to meet us after the show, as he had already seen Gareth with me on Friday. He arrived back just in time to see the whole performance, and as he is a huge fan of rock, he reckoned it was Gareth's finest, and he is not biased, because I am the fan, so I thought his opinion was interesting.

Loads of people were waiting after to see Gareth, and he went along the fence signing autographs. I didn't go over and ask for one, as I had seen him on Friday, and most of those excited fans never had.

There is no doubt about it, Gareth still attracts huge crowds, is there anything he can't do? All in all it was a fantastic weekend, I am very lucky, and I do hope everyone else gets to see him as he travels around this summer.

My blog

http://celebrities.wikinut.com/Gareth-Gates-at-the-Dartford-Festival-2011/9df6slqu/

Great report and great photos, and one can actually see the sun had come out too.

Sounds like a fantastic performance, you and everyone who went to Dartford were very lucky.

as opposed to the jazz version we got on Friday

Now I would have loved to hear that, can't imagen it jazzy. :D

Great report and great photos, and one can actually see the sun had come out too.

Sounds like a fantastic performance, you and everyone who went to Dartford were very lucky.

Now I would have loved to hear that, can't imagen it jazzy. :D

Yes when they played the jazz intro, we wondered what was coming. I think June recorded it, so you may get to hear it Inge. :thumbsup: