Party In The Park - Bath - 17th July 2011

Val4Gareth

Are you staying anywhere near Bath Spa? I've booked a taxi from the station there to get to the venue.

I'm staying at my friend's just outside of Bath. But I know Bath well, and I can easily pick up from Bath spa station. It would be nice to go with someone as I'd be on my own otherwise :P and it will save you getting a taxi :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do u,think I could get there watch the show and be back in southampton by half 5. as im seeing westlife that evening. xx

I would think Gareth will have finished by 2.30, allow half an hour to get back to the station. Depends if you can get a train around then that will get you back to Southampton by 5. I hope you manage to get it sorted out.

What a shame, just heard weather forecast for weekend, and they said wet and windy. :mellow:

Don't think it will matter to us will it Khelda. Hope you're good with a camera. I'm going to attempt once more to take some video if its possible, but may need' yours or Franks help.:lol:

Have a lovely time at Bath, Inge, and anyone else going.

Hope you have a wonderful day Val - looking forward to your report back.:thumbsup:

Thanks Val. Such a shame you couldn't all get down for this one. I think its going to be a lovely day, with quite a lot of Gareth's fans going. :thumbsup:

I'm going and will be driving. I'm coming from Manchester and staying in Bath that night, If anyone would like a lift from Bath I'd be happy to take people! Let me know :)

It's lovely to see the Gareth fans helping each other and getting together.

Hope everyone has a fabulous time. Sounds like it will be fun.

Pop idols set to perform at Party in the Park

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Profile image for Bath Chronicle

Bath Chronicle

Follow

Singers Gareth Gates and Leon Jackson will appear at a daylong entertainment festival on the edge of Bath on Sunday.

Gates, was famously runner up to Will Young in the UK's first Pop Idol in 2002, will be the headline act at Party in the Park at Bath Racecourse.

​

Instead of disappearing into pop oblivion, he carved out a very successful career for himself, having hits and travelling worldwide.

In the UK alone, he sold 3.5 million records, released three albums and had four number one singles.

In 2009 Gareth auditioned and impressed Sir Cameron MackIntosh and accepted the role of Marius, in the 25th anniversary tour of Les Miserables.

This mammoth 10 month tour has played to sell out audiences as far a field as Manchester, Norwich, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Paris, Bristol, Salford and Southampton, and ends at the Barbican in London with 22 special performances at the show's original home in the autumn.

The event, which runs from 11am to 5.30pm, will also star 2007 X-Factor winner Leon Jackson, '90s pop group Let Loose and a string of other bands.

Leon is heading in a new direction with original, acoustic and full of honest soul.

Over the last year he has been crafting songs that uncover the last few years life, love and dreams. You've heard the vocal, now come and hear the story.

Two of the '90s hit makers Let Loose are still Crazy For You and are back together.

Featuring Richie Wermerling (lead vocals and keyboards) and Lee Murray (drums), Let Loose shot to fame and chart topping success with the single Crazy For You, which spent 21 weeks in the charts in 1994, only being kept off the number one spot by Wet Wet Wet's Love Is All Around.

After nine chart topping singles and two albums the band broke up, however, the Let Loose fan base has remained strong and the duo has been encouraged by fans to reunite and recreate the magic of their previous Let Loose live performances.

Also on the bill is The Mend, Marvell, Leah McFall, Sean Rumsey and Of Kings and Captains.

There will also be appearances by children's TV presenter Justin Fletcher and a jousting display by the Knights of Arkley.

TV character Peppa Pig will also be there, at a meet and greet area for youngsters, and there will be wrestling, pony rides and other attractions.

Singer Shane Broad will be performing his new single Your Day Will Come which has been written and produced by Simon Ellis who is musical director for Britney Spears and Westlife.

Proceeds from the sale of the single will go the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation for medical research into finding a cure for the condition, from which he suffers.

Tickets will be £9 on the gate, £6 for under-12s and under-threes get in free.

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Pop-idols-set-perform-Party-Park/story-12941791-detail/story.html

They used an even older photo unfortunately, ah well the people going will get a nice surprise how grown up he looks, lol :thumbsup:

Off to Bath today. :thumbsup: And it looks like we might be lucky with the weather, rain has stopped, supposed to start again at 16-00 hrs. But with Gareth being on stage at 1pm, it should be fine. :jump:

The day has arrived at last Khelda. Looking forward to seeing you later and to hearing Gareth of course, but that goes without saying. :thumbsup: