Blackpool concert - 7th August 2011

sbowns1

Lol that was great :-)

Just found out Gareth Gates is in Blackpool on 7th Aug thats not too hard for me to get to, however I cannot book tickets as I'm on placement then and don't know my off duty. Gutted is not the word :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol that was great :-)

Just found out Gareth Gates is in Blackpool on 7th Aug thats not too hard for me to get to, however I cannot book tickets as I'm on placement then and don't know my off duty. Gutted is not the word :(

I've just seen the Blackpool gig advertised too, which wouldn't be too far for me to get to. It says its a Charity Gala in support of Donna's Dream House. If it gets confirmed it looks like Gareth will be busy this summer. :D

http://www.blackpoolgrand.co.uk/shows/1/2525/Carnival-of-Dreams.htm

tn_4975_Screen%20shot%202011-05-04%20at%2020.38.37.jpg

Guest NicolaJayne

I am also booked front row Chris centre, its years since I have been to Blackpool, in fact only once since moving south 25 years ago, so it was a good excuse for a long weekend and meet up with my sister and her husband to go to the show.

I am a bit dissapointed though to hear that he is only doing a couple of tracks and makes me wonder if he has another show the same day like Bath and Dartford.

You are in for a treat with funny girls if you have never seen them before, we went to the Funny Girls Bar last time we were up there with my sister and her husband and I have never seen anything like it.I have seen drag acts before abroad but never anything as good as them.

Thanks for letting us know what Gareth will be doing at this gig Elaine. You could be right and there may be two gigs on the one day again. Gareth is a glutton for punishment, it wouldn't surprise me.

I am disappointed to hear Gareth will only be doing a couple of tracks. But at least I can see him again.

Hope he will do something else in the north west if he has time with his busy schedule.

I guess this means it will be a flying visit and probably won't see him at the stage door

But still feel lucky that he will be singing again for us

Thank you Doris for posting this info. I hope that everyone going has a fantastic time!

• 1 month later...
Guest NicolaJayne

Come to "Charity Event Blackpool" 07 August from 21:00 to 00:00. details still a little sketchy. but 4 songs. For... http://fb.me/PqSGohCd

2 hours ago via Facebook

I am so pleased that Gareth is now doing 4 songs instead of 2 Heather, I am really looking forward to seeing Gareth and my weekend in Blackpool meeting up with my sister who I haven't seen for about 2 years.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First tweets from Blackpool

Ok, so its the break at this gala......I seen gareth gates live!!!!!! http://yfrog.com/h2uzjkcj
@nextmrsmcintyre thanks babe I'm looking forward to that most - Gareth Gates and Jimmy Cricket were good though xx
Can't believe I seen gareth gates live...........and he sang any one of us!!!! That's my fav song!!! I'm so so happy!!!

Hello! :wave: Long time, no see! Just thought I'd report back re the concert tonight . . .

Gareth was, of course, amazing :wub: - he got a fantastic reception and clearly had loads of fans in the audience. :jump: He did two mini-sets of two songs, one in each half. First half was Anyone of Us and Suspicious Minds and the second half was Angel on My Shoulder (dedicated to his Mum in the audience) and SITS dedicated to Missy - who loves it apparently and who was also in the audience along with Suzanne, his Dad, a couple of his sisters, another little girl and a young man.

He sang brilliantly, really got the crowd going and had by far the most charisma of anyone on stage in the whole show. He looked gorgeous as ever :wub: and wore a lovely suit with collar and tie.

I've hopefully got audio of all four and will upload them tomorrow as my PC is playing up at the moment (it's taken me 40 minutes to post this!) and it all sounds a bit rubbish. It clearly needs rebooting and I'm too tired to do it right now and have to be up at 6, but I figure most of you will have gone to bed anyway!

I spoke to Suzanne and his Mum at the interval just to make sure that he was coming back on and they were delightful. They said he was really well and pleased to be doing the gig.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that he was fab.

Night! :hug:

Mx