Blackpool concert - 7th August 2011

sbowns1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gareth of course was fantastic we were sat on the front row and Gareth looked straight at us a few times which was nice I did see his family who left after the second set of songs so I guessed he would not stay until the finale Anyway if Gareth manages to read any of these posts I would like to thank him for another great performance and look forward to the next time I can see u x

Hello Maggiemags and Cris

Am up early to see if there were any reports in (not quite as early as you Maggie).

Great to read your reports and good to know where Gareth appeared in the billing. Quite a treat to be in two halves.

Looking forward to any audio.

This reads nice from a guy, appearing with Gareth last night.

@Gareth_Gates this guy is a legend !!! The nicest guy u will meet ;)

http://twitter.com/#!/jkasrobbie

Thanks for posting Maggie and Cris , great to see you were at the Blackpool show . Lovely that you spoke to Suzanne and Wendy Maggie ,to make sure that Gareth was coming back on stage, and great that Gareth had his family there for him,I bet they all had a fun day in Blackpool . I'm looking forward to your audio when you have the time :thumbsup:

Thank you Maggie and Cris. It was good to hear what Gareth sang and where he appeared during the evening. Lovely to know he was supported once again by all his family and I'm pleased you got to speak to Wendy and Suzanne and to know that Gareth is feeling fine about everything at the moment. Not surprised he was so well received.

Looking forward to watching your video clips Maggie. :thumbsup:

Ha! He's so funny, he cracks me up, :lol:

Well Missy will be happy no doubt! Thanks for posting Val.

Lovely and very true comment to Gareth on Twitter by @jamiewpugh

@Gareth_Gates u always hope when you meet people they live up to expectation , u gareth are a true gent and a lovely guy, take care

These are the people who know what Gareth is really like, unlike a few others.

I didn't know slot machines in Blackpool still had 2p

I think Heather they are the ones where you roll a 2p onto a surface trying to knock down other 2p's hanging over the edge.It's very addictive as you always think the next time you'll be lucky.

So sorry too disappoint you all, but all my clips are rubbish, I'm afraid - all skippy and jumpy and entirely hopeless. I've no idea what's gone wrong as I used my camera as I always have in the past and they've always been fine, I can only guess that perhaps the card is corrupted. I will try again with them, just in case it's a passing issue, but don't hold your breath.

Thanks for your reports, Maggie and Cris, about Gareth's performance in Blackpool. As always it sounds like he was brilliant and there have been good comments on Twitter, especially from some of the other performers. It is obvious that people who actually meet Gareth and/or work with him realise what a thoroughly decent and hard-working guy he is.

Nice to hear that a lot of his family were there and that you got to talk to Wendy and Suzanne, Maggie. As you mention that some of his sisters were there (and from Gareth's tweet today that Nicola was going to Darlington with him), I wonder whether the other young girl you mentioned was Mia, Nicola's daughter. She is about a month older than Missy and I expect they like playing together.

Thanks again,

Linda

Guest NicolaJayne

Gareth was fantastic wasn't he, I have put my report on ggates, didn't get home till last night from Blackpool.

Wish I had known you were on the front row, must have been on the opposite side to us, if I had known I would have come and said hello Maggiemags and Chris.

But what a marathon the show was not finishing till after midnighht, no wonder Gareth wasn't on at the end and didn't stick around for the finale who can blame him.

We all had stiff bums and tired near the end as some of the acts were a bit boring. Poor Robbie Williams tribute act really had to work hard to wake everyone up.

We were talking to him in the bar after and he said he was dashing off to catch up with Gareth now. I said I was a Gareth Fan and he said Gareth was a great bloke top man and said his Mum Dad sisters Suzanne and Missy were all there. It's lovely how all the other acts have nothing but praise for Gareth.

It was a brilliant show but just went on too long didnt care for Rose Marie and the Nolan sister but Funny Girls and the Dancers were great, loved the two little boys and Linda and I could not stop laughing especially at the little curly haired one who wasn't sure what was going on most of the time and was just being dragged around by the little girl holding his hand.

My report for anyone not on ggates

http://www.garethgates.com/messageBoard/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=1&Number=483235&Searchpage=1&Main=18695&Words=&topic=1&Search=true#Post483235