Gareth Jersey Flowers

sylvia

Nice interview with Gareth here. Definitely started the album :thumbsup::jump:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?created&&note_id=216936415022814&id=115459806178

This years Mr Battle was Pop Idol runner up, Gareth Gates. We were delighted to take care of Gareth duing his time here in Jersey and decided to find out a little more about his time here and plans for the future!

How did you become Mr. Battle?

I was approached by the organisers to be Mr. Battle and although I didn’t really know much about the festival I thought it would be a great experience and I’d give it a go ... it was a great decision!

How are you finding Jersey?

Jersey is a great place, I’ve really enjoyed it!

What are you plans for your career in the future?

I started writing my new album about 2 weeks ago, so I will be focusing on that now for a while to come.

What would you say is your ultimate goal in terms of your career?

I would love to have more number ones in future!

Who would you most like to do a duet with?

I would probably have to say a rock legend – such as Bon Jovi!

What has been your highlight of the Battle of Flowers festival?

The first night I arrived was great fun, I went to see all the Battle of Flowers floats before the parade and even helped put the finishing touches to a few of them!

What do you like about Grand Jersey?

The hotel Spa is great and the food is nice! The staff have also been really nice and friendly.

What was it like for you going from being an aspiring singer to suddenly being recognised everywhere you went after Pop Idol?

It was a bit of a shock to the system at first, but over the years I have gotten used to it!

Have you ever been star struck by someone you’ve met?

I was a little star struck when meeting George Michael! He was a really nice guy though …. And he has lovely eyes!

Would you consider Jersey as a place for a holiday with your family?

Definitely. I think it’s a really nice place and would love to come back with my family and possibly even buy a house here!

We would like to say a big thank you to Gareth for taking the time to chat with us, and wish him all the very best for the future.

292584_10150253778526179_115459806178_8021051_1798546_n.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely interview.

So the album is underway :thumbsup: great news.

Definitely. I think it’s a really nice place and would love to come back with my family and possibly even buy a house here!

Wow he obviously loved the place.

(Now back to work I keep getting distracted with all this info)