Gareth on Cruise Ship

Val4Gareth

I thought this was a bit of a wind up when I first saw it, but Gareth's name has now been added to their page and the person who posted the tweet works for P&O

I am more excited than I should be (at my age) that none other than Gareth Gates is to perform on P&O Cruises Oceana! http://t.co/LkENb8d

Singing sensation Gareth Gates to star on weekend cruisePosted 08 Aug 2011

Pop Idol star and number one artist, Gareth Gates, will perform on a two night cruise on board P&O Cruises Oceana departing September 3, 2011.

Gareth will perform three shows in the 500-seat Footlights theatre on board. His performances will include his hit singles such as Spirit in the Sky, Anyone of Us, and his version of Unchained Melody – the second biggest selling single of the last decade. There will also be opportunities after the shows for photos and autographs.

The cruise departs from and returns to Southampton and calls in Bruges, from Zeebrugge. Balcony cabins are available and priced from £406 per person based on two sharing on a full board basis including all main meals and entertainment including the Gareth Gates performance.

P&O Cruises managing director, Carol Marlow, said: "Entertainment is one of the key elements of any cruise holiday and we are proud of our vast range of entertainment and guest appearances. Gareth is a worldwide pop star and we are very excited to have him perform on board Oceana. We are sure he will be a great hit with passengers on this weekend cruise."

Gareth Gates said: "I'm really excited about performing on board Oceana, I've never been on a cruise ship before but I've always wanted to and so this is going to be a fantastic experience for me."

For more information or to book visit www.pocruises.co.uk, call 0845 3 554 444 or see an ABTA travel agent.

Anyone fancy a weekend cruise. :thumbsup:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't this sound lovely. Thanks so much for posting Val! How diverse Gareth's appearances are, from Pizza restaurants, to festivals, then a shopping centre, and now a cruise ship. What a wonderful idea. I don't have a spare £400 knocking about sadly, but would go if I did.

Imagen being stuck on a ship with Gareth, the oppertunities to meet him, see him, speak to him.

Bliss. :wub:

That's what I was thinking Khelda. Not only the performance but how many opportunities to bump into him on the Cruise Ship. He may even be prepared to give a private rendition to calm our seasickness.:lol:

Seriously though it sounds like heaven to me :wub:

OMG stop it you two Val and Khelda :P its making me desperate to be on there lol sure does sound like Heaven :o too expensive for me though especially as he would prob be on there first class lol

Thanks for posting Val :) will be lovely for the people on there that weekend.

Never really fancied a cruise, but definitely like the sound of this one - I wonder why? Daren't mention it to hubby though, he rolls his eyes when I tell him I'm going to a show or a gig, so I don't think he'd take kindly to this. But imagine being on a cruise ship with Gareth for 3 days :wub: - no, I mustn't think about it!

Thas is the cruise Gareth's on,it looks almost sold out.

http://www.pocruises.com/en/Cruises/2011-Cruises/City--Short-Breaks-E123/

I would think Gareth will be able to enjoy the day in Bruge when the ship docks,can;t see him being asked to multi-task as waiter etc. :lol:

Thanks for that Doris. What an amazing waiter Gareth would make all dressed up in uniform. lol :thumbsup:

I received that too Heather. They just can't help themselves with their digs can they. They make it sound like he's taken on a regular job as a cruise entertainer, rather than a one off gig. I agree though the actual article wasn't too bad. Pity they didn't say more about Les Mis though.

Overall, it's a nice article in The Mail. I bet it was written by one person, who had been given the information and wrote a feature. Then it was given to a sub-editor who couldn't resist putting in into a format more in keeping with what's expected of the Daily Hate. Hence a headline and website tags that are out of keeping with the main story.

I also think it's interesting that a couple of earlier innaccuracies have been corrected thanks to people in the comments section, and it's refreshing to see that most of the comments are positive and supportive of Gareth. Anyone trying to get smart is getting the red down arrows! :thumbsup:

It would be good if the people at The Mail see that they've misjudged the mood of their readers - so please leave comments if you have time, or at least take advantage of giving red or green arrows to those who have. :D