Gareth on Cruise Ship

Val4Gareth

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

Here's another link about the cruise , a forum where Gareth's cruise is being discussed :thumbsup:

http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_news/21931-gareth_gates_hits_waves.html

Thanks for that, it's nice to see one of the members has booked on it, so there will be feedback.

Guest NicolaJayne

There's a similar story in The Sun, with similar comments below! The tabloids are so predictable.

read and comment here

The article in the Sun newspaper is not bad just the heading but the article online is not the same and not very nice.

I did comment but my comment is not appearing as I said this was not a lttle ferry across the Thames but a P & O cruise Liner etc and Gareth was taking a break from West End theatre to do gigs and Festivals in the summer, and the only thing sinking was the Sun newspaper.

I am disgusted at the google alerts I got today , all the papers are trashing Gareth for doing this cruise ship performance. He is trending on AOL as one of the main stories, so I have put up a comment, and everyone except one person, who has been shouted down by the others is supporting him. I also commented on the SUN article, but that hasn't been shown, but the aol one has.

I actually think the AOL page is hilarious. Not the article itself, but the reaction of the vast majority of people, and you can tell it's the general public, not just Gareth fans doing it, but well done to those fans who have commented. Even The Mail have rewritten the article yet again to make it more positive. That's a victory for people power. :thumbsup:

http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/08/12/gareth-gates/

I think it will come as something of a shock to them when they read the feedback to realise just how they misjudged the public mood! :D

I thought it was fantastic when I received yet another google alert for the Daily Mail article. That must be about three times now they've amended their article. Pretty much realized the error of their ways I think and not before time. They've got away with it for far too long. In actual fact I don't think this news about Gareth could have come at a better time for him. He's looking pretty responsible compared to so many other young people at this moment in time.

I actually think the AOL page is hilarious

My initial reaction when I saw that AOL page this morning was that it isn't worth bothering with. You can tell by the majority of comments that the author is pretty much considered a joke and by the general readers, and apparently always was. Anyone like that giving Gareth stick can only be good for him in the long run. Let him carry on making a fool of himself.

I note that all 117 comments are no longer visible and unable to make any further comments at present. Hold tight for anyone who still hasn;t had their say.

I thought it was fantastic when I received yet another google alert for the Daily Mail article. That must be about three times now they've amended their article. Pretty much realized the error of their ways I think and not before time.

Yes well done. Power to the people :jump: Perhaps P & O are thinking of pulling their advertising too after such outrage at the article?

The comments have been up and down yesterday and today. The latest version of the article is actually in a different section - it's listed under travel, as opposed to the Femail bit. I don't think it's P&O complaining that cause them to change - I think it's reader comments. They are always changing articles after they're published once they realise they've made mistakes. :blink:

There was a nice little write up in my Southern evening Echo about Gareth going on the cruise ship, and the owners were very excited to have got Gareth to perform for them. Gareth said he was very excited and looking forward to it, as he had never been on a cruise ship before.

They used a very old picture thou.

I actually think the AOL page is hilarious. Not the article itself, but the reaction of the vast majority of people, and you can tell it's the general public, not just Gareth fans doing it, but well done to those fans who have commented. Even The Mail have rewritten the article yet again to make it more positive. That's a victory for people power. :thumbsup:

http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/08/12/gareth-gates/

I think it will come as something of a shock to them when they read the feedback to realise just how they misjudged the public mood! :D

Isn't it nice to see how well loved Gareth is now by the general public, and not just his fans? There was a time when it was absolutely essential to defend his corner as at least 50per cent of the comments were negative. These days it's rare to find anyone against him. I am so proud of him!

Did you catch the golf?

Just going to say what golf. Then realised you ment Gareths golf.

No afraid I don't have sky sports, so missed it. Loved to have seen him play.

• 3 weeks later...