Saturday Night Show RTE 8th October

Val4Gareth

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The programme is up http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1116081 :showoff:

Gareth is on at 26mins.

I loved the interview finding Gareth very relaxed. ( I quite liked the interviewer too.He just seems to have a dry sense of humour)

Gareth received a great reception from the audience.

Like others have said, he spoke about the BBC programme and about his new news. I found him both endearing and witty.

Can anyone tell me what he said about the audience when the interviewer repeated it and made him laugh, please?

Guest NicolaJayne

It was a lovely interview, but still very shocked that Gareth is going to appear in Hair its something very different for him, its a musical I saw in Leeds in the 60's and was very shocked with the full frontal nudity scenes. The first time then that anything like that had ever been done before. Never ever thought I would be going to see Hair again but now there is more than a possibility that I will, I hope.

The audience remark Eternal, was simply that Gareth said something like, it is great being here with this lovely audience and you (to the interviewer) to which the interviewer was implying Gareth wasn't thinking he was lovely too, lol

Oh thanks. I couldn't quite catch what was said. That quick Irish humour kicks in from the interviewer then?

Just love Gareth's reaction when he realises what he has said. That sort of 'oh blimey yeah' moment, with that natural laugh, is so lovely and just so natural.

Just love Gareth's reaction when he realises what he has said. That sort of 'oh blimey yeah' moment, with that natural laugh, is so lovely and just so natural.

It was lovely to see wasn't it. That's what Gareth misses out on most of the time, being able to be like that. He did appear to be very relaxed last night. The more he does these interviews the easier it will get for him hopefully.

I also liked the bit where he joked about being able to say BBC.

I thought Gareth was really relaxed too. Looks like someone who may be involved with the McGuire programme thought so too:

Gareth Gates was excellent on rte. Displayed full use technique. BestI heard him speak ever @mcguireprogram #stammering

I do think also that the interviewer was briefed so well too.

All these interviews are about self promotion and it must be so difficult to remember all there is to promote. Did I remember the album? Did I remember the musical? Did I remember the documentary?

The interviewer did all this for Gareth so he could just be himself. It surely must have meant that Gareth could concentrate on his speech and relax.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...