BBC Radio 3 Counties - Sat 15th Oct

Val4Gareth

Apparently Gareth is going to be on BBC 3 Counties Radio Breakfast show on Saturday, according to this tweet from @BBC3CR

Gareth Gates talks to Justin Dealey about panto, Pop Idol, oh and that moment with Jordan - saturday breakfast from 0600

Thank you for the reminder Heather. Although I had remembered throughout yesterday, being first thing in the morning, it had slipped my mind. Happened to come on here and panic set in, ha! Fortunately he hadn't been on yet. Short but nice interview, but why, oh why, did the guy have to bring up the Jordan thing, so long ago? But I always think Gareth deals with it well and never disparages her. Very dignified answer. Bless him. Have to say though, what a lovely appraisal the interviewer had for Gareth after the interview had finished. Nice guy himself! Thanks again Heather. Hope it has replay for those that missed it. x

Interviewer said how inspirational and honest Gareth had been. But after said, ' Do you know what, he is such a fantistic guy, I walked out of that theatre last week, with a big smile on my face, because he was just so so nice, so much respect for him as well...Gareth Gates. Literal quote. What a lovely thing to say about him, and my chest is heaving with pride. Love that young man Gareth x

I managed to forget all about it too! :blush:

But there is a listen again function - once it's ready, it should show up here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00kntk7

It is tedious that some of these interviewers still bring up the Jordan thing when it was so long ago. At least we had some warning from the summary, and I think some of these people think that's what people want to hear. If they've not paid much attention to Gareth's career, that's one of the bits that got the most attention, thanks to her big gob and unrelenting desire to use anything for publicity. Gareth is so often promoted as someone who did Pop Idol, and now whatever he's doing now. If they are feeling adventurous, they might also mention Dancing on Ice. Four number one singles, three albums, international arena tours, millions of sales and everything else that went with that are apparently easier to forget than a brief teenage fling if you read the tabloids. :blink:

And in the course of writing that post, the listen again feature has become available. http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p00kntk7

He's at 2 hours and 15 mins into it. :D

Overall it was a good interview. I liked that Gareth was able to talk about having come from Les Mis, and that the interviewer did briefly mention that Gareth had sold millions of records.

When trying to find the interview, I came across a message from a listener saying they wanted to hear AOU as they thought it was Gareth's best song. Unfortunately, I don't think that show plays much music, so all they had was a teeny-tiny clip of UM to introduce the interview with Gareth, but at least some listeners were reminded of Gareth's other music.

I thought that Floz. Even though he mentioned Jordan, it was somehow done in a different way to the way its normally brought up and Gareth didn't get at all awkward replying to him which gave him the opportunity to make a casual reply.

Guest NicolaJayne

I had forgotten all about this untill just now when I came home and on here to see if there was any news.

Have just listened to the interview and loved what the interviewer said about Gareth at the end. He was so genuine in his comments and obviously very impressed with Gareth, but then who wouldn't be.

Just managed to listen to this interview. It was so lovely and relaxed. Both the interviewer and Gareth did a great job.

' Do you know what, he is such a fantistic guy, I walked out of that theatre last week, with a big smile on my face, because he was just so so nice, so much respect for him as well...Gareth Gates

Thanks Sue for writing this. :thumbsup: I would have switched off after the interview had I not have seen it. Was so lovely to hear.

Only just had chance to listen to this. Thanks so much for the link - I thought Gareth sounded really relaxed and handled the Jordan question really well.

Lovely to hear the interviewer saying how much respect he had for Gareth as well.