Giving Voice Awards

Val4Gareth

Gareth has been nominated in this award ceremony :thumbsup:

Nominated for an award at the Giving Voice awards in Westminster tonight

Gareth Gates • Speech and language therapists, who are today meeting MPs to explain how cuts would affect their profession. more than 100 professionals from around the UK are taking part in the rally; they say that speech and language therapy delivers "net benefit to the UK economy of £765m" - by reducing other interventions by the NHS and improving life, education and career prospects for children. But they warn that their work is threatened by NHS and local authority funding cuts. The college is hosting the Giving Voice awards this evening to honour outstanding contributions to speech and language therapy. Nominees include singer Gareth Gates, actor Geoffrey Rush and Mark Logue, grandson of Lionel Logue, the pioneering therapist whose treatment of King George VI was the subject of the film The King's Speech.

Wonder if there will be any way of watching it.

Agree to some extent Sophie, Lionel is pretty famous through that film too, but how lovely that Gareth's name is up there with them and of course, his work is ongoing and will be for some time. Will be on tenderhooks! EVERYTHING IS CROSSED, lol So miss my emoticons, boo!!!

Awwww its lovely to hear he presented an award too :) i'm so pleased he won,couldn't of gone to a more deserving person :) I wonder if Gareth sang at these awards,there was entertainers as they have just tweeted this

A big thank you to all our Honours and #GivingVoiceUK Award Presenters, Entertainers and Speakers and congratulations to all our winners!

That's great that Gareth's work has been recognised by the Giving Voice campaign, although personally, I think his contribution to raising awareness and generally being an inspiration extends beyond being a "Celebrity Ambassador". :wub:

This thought did cross my mind, I would have thought it could been more on the outstanding contribution as an ambassador. Still, I think we are proud of this award for him. Very encouraging for him too.

Thanks for your emoticons advice. I will see what I can do with the link you gave me, not clever on here. lol

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Val for the pics, just read the news on Twitter, so proud of Gareth for winning this award, he is such an inspiration and at last is getting the credit he deserves.

His family must be so proud of him..