Children of Eden Concert, 29th January

Val4Gareth

Gareth to appear in a concert portraying the `Children of Eden' in January, along with some very big WE stars and a very well known writer Stephen Schwartz, who wrote the musical. There are also more star names to be announced.

Kerry Ellis, Gareth Gates & Hannah Waddingham will star in a charity concert of Children of Eden at the Prince of Wales Theatre on 29th Jan.

Hope we can find out more about this to keep us going until its officially confirmed.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a childrens concert Val?or is it a charity evening based on the Musical "Children of Eden"

Children of Eden is a two-act musical play with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz and a book by John Caird. The musical is based on the Book of Genesis.

The people who posted the info are a Musical Youth group Doris. They said it is a Charity event, which I presume is performed by children with guest stars. Didn't Gareth do something like this last year or the year before if I remember rightly. I vaguely remember some of the children tweeting about how lovely it was to perform with him.

I think this might be a nice thing to go to.

Didn't Gareth do something like this last year or the year before if I remember rightly. I vaguely remember some of the children tweeting about how lovely it was to perform with him.

That was when we went to Wolverhampton,it was with school children who were in the After school Music clubs.

It seems the group advertising on Twitter are graduates from Musical Theatre schools,it say's the evening is hosted by Stephen Schwartz who wrote the Children of Eden Musical.

Guess we'll just have to wait for it to be officially announced.before deciding whether to go or not. :thumbsup:

I think this is quite a big deal. Kerry Ellis is probably the biggest West End star at the moment, and Hannah Waddington is also very respected.

I'm assuming you got your information from this twitter feed Val, http://twitter.com/#!/11Online and you'll see that they say it's to be an all star cast and hosted by "Stephen Schwartz himself", so obviously the "Children of Eden" they are talking about is the musical by the same name that he wrote. Stephen Schwartz is a very big name in song-writing and musicals, being the writer of Wicked (the show that made Kerry famous) as Godspell, and written music for films like Pochohontis, The Prince of Egypt (for hich he won a Grammy) and The Hunchback of Notre Damme etc.

Children of Eden charity concert will be hosted by Stephen Schwartz himself with more all star casting to be released shortly. #11online

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Schwartz_composer

The Prince of Wales theatre is the one where Mamma Mia! is playing, which is just off Leicester Square, and Wikipedia says it has a capaticy of just 1,160, so if tickets aren't hideoiusly expensive, you might need to be quick off the mark to be sure of a good seat. I know Kerry has a lot of hard-core fans and they'll be eager to see her.

I really don't get why there is an assumption it's a concert for or by children as nothing that I can find suggests that. The people who tweeted about it describe themselves as a UK Youth Musical Theatre broadcaster, so I wouldn't be surprised if the chorus was made up of some of the more promising members of youth theatres, but that doesn't make it a children's show. When someone talks about a children's concert, I think of something in the village hall with an audience made up of family members. I think this will be far more like the Stiles & Drewe concert or the Broadway to West End ones. Both of them had musical theatre students in the chorus (albeit with some very proud family members in the audience), but they were very much professional productions to a very high standard.

What you've found sounds fantastic Snowdrop. I think it was just the name of the concert and the fact that Gareth did something like that before that made me think it could be something similar, but if its more like you've said, even better. Gareth is certainly building up his credibility now.

Really hope its not priced out of our reach.

I can't be sure what it's like, but I think it's a bit of a leap to assume that because Gareth did one charity concert with children, that every other charity concert is the same unless it says so specifically. The evidence certainly doesn't point that way, and the children in "Children of Eden" are in face Adam and Eve - so not children at all!

Of course, when we get more information they might say children are heavily involved, but even if they are, it's still going to have big name West End stars and is introduced by very big name writer, so I still think it would give the wrong impression to describe it as a children's concert. Perhaps it's worth editing your original post to reflect what we definitley know, and making it clear what is and isn't speculation? Not everyone reads the full details of threads and base what they think on the first post. :D

Kerry Ellis confirms press announcement and ticket availabilty this week :thumbsup:

http://www.kerryelli...en-of-eden.html

Just to make everyone aware that Travelodge Covent Garden has an offer on for this night 3 people in a family room £32.50 (making sure you take out cancellation insurance of £1.50). http://www2.travelod...d=318&from=list It's basic but it is clean and great location.

(BTW I can't sleep so I have come on :pc: )

Thanks for the link to that synopsis Doris. Was an interesting read.

Confirmation now on Gareth's Facebook and Twitter

Gareth Gates

Appearing in Children of Eden at the Prince of Wales theatre on 29th January - for more info and tickets: http://www.childrenofeden.co.uk/ x

redirecthttp://www.childrenofeden.co.uk/