Val4Gareth

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few of the other people who are going to be in Momentous Musicals

@danielboysExcited to be joining @Gareth_Gates, @JonathanAnsell, Emma Williams and Rachael Wooding for MOMENTOUS MUSICALS at the New Wimbledon Theatre

Thanks for that Sophie. I quite like Daniel, so look forward to seeing him again. I had hoped that the extra people to be announced would have been another man and another woman, to make it easier for them to sing group pieces together, but there are plenty of pieces that are focused on the male voice, and they can sing some pieces on their own.

So long as there is plenty of time for Gareth to sing! :thumbsup:

My only concern is that Daniel sometimes sings the same songs as Gareth at theatre type concerts. He has sung songs from Miss Saigon and included his version of Glass Slippers on his album. Normally I'd be delighted to hear him sing them, but he'd better not be singing them in Wimbledon, or I'll be gutted. It is possible Daniel's fans will feel the same (in reverse).

I understand where you're coming from Snowdrop, Gareth had better get the best songs, hope they realise on their Facebook page asking people what songs they would love to hear Gareth sing, we do want Gareth to sing them, not Daniel, we don't have to worry as such with Jonathan Ansell as he is more of an opera singer, I selfishly want this to be all about Gareth, in other words him get the limelight, i'm happy to have other singers there.

The Booking page for Momentous Musicals has been updated with the new announcements. I'm not sure they had the list of songs on there before either. Can anyone remember?

5231_full.png

Momentous Musicals Overview

For one night only, the finest voices of the West End perform Momentous Musicals, a brand new concert celebration showcasing soaring ballads and fondly remembered songs from the most significant musicals of our generation.

Gareth Gates leads this sophisticated homage to musical theatre, featuring the songs, Empty Chairs, Empty Tables (Les Misérables), For Good (Wicked), Why God, Why? (Miss Saigon), Seasons of Love (Rent) and many more. Gareth Gates has sold over 3 million singles in the UK and has had starring roles in the productions of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Les Misérables.

Gareth is joined by a cast of West End stars including Jonathan Ansell who is best known as a member of G4 who shot to fame on the first series of The X Factor. Previous theatre credits include the lead role of The Man in Whistle Down the Wind. The cast are also joined by Daniel Boys known for his success in the BBC TV show Any Dream Will Do. Previous credits include the title role in the new musical production of Peter Pan and the role of Princeton/Rod in Avenue Q.

Emma Williams and Rachael Wooding complete this fantastic line up of West End stars. Emma made her West End debut as Truly Scrumptious in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Other theatre credits include Luisa in Zorro and Jenny in Love Story. Rachael Wooding played the lead role Mary Delgado in Jersey Boys, previous credits include Amber in Hairspray and Meat in We Will Rock You.

Momentous Musicals is produced by Neil Eckersley for Speckulation Entertainment.

Momentous Musicals are asking for suggestions for songs you'd like to hear Gareth sing at the show. Might be an opportunity to hear sing some of our favourite songs.

When Gareth appeared in Wolverhampton, having checked the programme I thought I knew all the songs he was going to sing. However unexpectedly, I had missed that he was going to sing this famous song from West Side Story. If I were lucky enough to be at this event, the one song I would love to hear him sing would be Tonight. (Gareth's version would be at 1.26min of this video). It was hairs on the kneck stuff. Am sure it would be a real treat at this event.

BTW had my first email today about the event. :thumbsup:

Would be good if you could go on FB and add your suggestion Chris. The more different people who make suggestions the better it looks don't you think.

Oh may have a go but am hopeless when coming to post on there (because I am not used to it). Am off out now but will have a go tomorrow (fingers crossed)

I've just realised that there are two women in the final line-up. I clearly wasn't properly awake when I posted this morning. Sorry.

That makes it look more interesting for possible group numbers. :D

I'm also thrilled that Gareth is singing "Why God, Why?" After seeing him bowl over the entire theatre (and me) at the Broadway to Westend concert, I'd travel a very long way to hear him sing it again. It was pure joy.

I'm still a bit concerned that Gareth, Daniel and Jonathan are all tenors. Daniel was in the Joseph tv show, and despite being very good, he wasn't right for the part, so I'm sure he's happy to let Gareth sing those songs! I've not heard Jonathan sing for ages, but I know he's doing musical theatre stuff, so I don't think he'll be doing operatic stuff. The closest they might get is a segment from Les Miserables. I'm sure I read that Jonathan wanted to be in the show, but I could be making it up. Maybe it was just his fans lobbying for it! :lol: Daniel and Jonathan can do Valjean and Javert if they wish. :P:blush::D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for letting us know Gareth is still doing M M, would have been awful if he wasn't after the date change from the 14th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...