Momentous Musicals:19th July 2012

Val4Gareth

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for your reports it was lovely to see so many of you i feel i had a bad experiance stage door was just horrible it really freaked me out.i had book thing signed like most did and was having a piccy with gareth but andrea chopped gareths head off on it so no good but kept it anyway but yeah then ended up stuck in corner behind gareth did not want to be there i could not move a inch if you notice on doris picture the last one you see maria upset at the side she was upset cause i was and was freaking out crushed in corner you can see how much of me must of been squashed i felt like i was trapped and did not like it atall looking at the pictures brings it back shivers.we waited as knew gareth was in piano bar above theatre our coach was not till half twelve i really wanted/needed see gareth after being crushed.after a time i saw alison coming out carry gareths things to put in addison lee taxi car thing.andrea asked if we could get a quick pic and she said course sweetie when i can get him out lol as he was saying his goodbyes lol.he appeared with his best mate matt daines lol i did not recognise him he said to me your on my twitter im like thinking eeeh who is he lol then gareth said this my best mate matt i was like oh yeah lol i do have you on my twitter lmao.we each managed to get a pic but again part of gareths head was chopped off so wont be posting it up as it just upsets me chopped from his forehead so cant see his hair plus it show all my lower half of my body that i dont like cause look huge compared to gareth which upset me as im very sensitive about my weight but i have to take alot of pills and they dont help with the problem i dont eat much anyway.id also been sick that day lol sickly ice cream yuck.i enjoyed the show well only really the parts gareth was in lol gareths voice was way better than any body elses and he got the biggest applauses too.i found jonathan a bit crap to be honest except the one song from jesus christ super star which think he sang very emotionally.i did not see suzanne so im not sure if she was there as she never went with gareth ali and matt but could be wrong.dont think id try go to stage door of a event like that again was just to manic.love sarahjane xxx

Sorry you got upset from all the people SarahJane, but pleased you liked the show and seen Gareth afterwards. :)

thanks i think it was just the wrong situation for me with my social phobia which is part of my autism being surrounded by strangers no where to escape too i dont like that feeling thats why i like sit front in places as i dont feel trapped then and an focus on gareth rather than how many people sat behind.gareths singing unchained melody was amazing sent chills down my spine very different o how he sung it years ago i think his acting skills show in his song performances too facial expressions and stuff.love sarahjane xxx

I'm sorry you got crushed at the Stage Door last night SarahJane and that your picture got cut off. Must admit I found it a bit scary myself there last night. People who were further back than I was and way out to the side of the door, managed to push their way to the front as soon as Gareth made an appearance. Its thoughtless and too late when someone gets hurt. I felt sorry for the people there many of them very young fans who hadn't met Gareth before, who missed out when he had to go in while those who have already had loads of pics taken previously didn't. I'm sure the reason he did go in quickly was to save anyone getting hurt.

Thank you everyone for your reports of the evening :D I couldn't agree more about Gareth's truly outstanding voice, there's no words to really describe it, loved the show bit in all honesty I wished Gareth was singing more but thats only because i can't get enough of his voice like others can't either lol.

I wish we would of stood at the back like your group did Val.

yeah he deffo went in for safety of himself and others as it was very dangerous for gareth i could see better than anyone lol as being stuck behind gareth lol.yeah maria think we of been better standing back was just a nightmare getting stuck in corner bless you trying to get to me though.love sarahjane xxx

Thanks for posting sarahjane , I'm very sorry that the crowds gave you a bad experience at the stage door, it must have been a nightmare for you , and also not getting a good pic with Gareth . Gareth sounds to have given a fantastic performance , and I would have loved to have heard Gareth singing Unchained Melody :wub:

Thanks Val - haven't watched them all but recognised the two young girls Sydney and Stacey as being the ones who came running over to their parents who were next to where I was stranding. The girls were jumping up and down and absolutely thrilled that they had Gareth's autograph and he had called them babe - as they went away they shouted 'thanks Gareth', it was so nice to see!

It is a shame the stage door got a bit scary, but I'm very proud of how well mannered to many of Gareth's fans are, letting children and teenagers and those meeting Gareth for the first time go ahead of them. It really did get very manic, and the security man had to ask people to clear space just to let other cast members leave the building! Unfortunately a few people did miss out on getting a photo and autograph this time, but we all know how good Gareth is and there will be other opportunities. :wub:

I'm only just managing to do my proper review now as I've been all over the place. I didn't intend to write quite as much about what happened after the show, but got carried away - not that I count that as a review. It is interesting to hear a little about what happened at the stage door and other fans have to say, but I think it's safe to say that as fans, we are mainly interested in the show itself! :D

It was unexpected, but quite exciting to realise Gareth was singing Unchained Melody again. I wondered if he'd change it much from how he's sung it in the past. I thought he might change it to make it more theatrical - I've not seen the musical Ghost, so I wasn't sure if they use a different arrangement, or if Gareth would use that, or attempt to block it as if in a show, or simply stick to his own, or do something new with it. IMO, it was fairly similar to his more recent live versions that most of us will have heard if we've been on YouTube etc, but it was a joy to hear it in the flesh and with a live band. There were a few squeals of delight from some of the teen girls in the audience as he started to sing it. :lol:

Another blast from the more recent past was Close Every Door from Joseph. After watching Gareth playing Eddie in Loserville, I thought I'd like to see Gareth doing Joseph again. I'd love to see how his extra acting experience, and practice of being that arrogant and cocky young man, with a twinkle in his eye, would change his performance. In the meantime, I made do with Close Every Door - with a few extra clothes. :blush: I would perhaps have liked it if they'd repeated how they did it at the Adephi with the acappella start. Gareth's voice is so beautiful that it can keep the attention of a whole theatre without any back-up required. It was still glorious and when Gareth hits the sweet spot of a note, I melt. I don't think I was alone. :wub:

We're probably all quite familiar now with Gareth's "Empty Chairs" and the arrangement was again similar to the anniversary CD. I have to say that the band did very well considering they were smaller than a traditional show orchestra. I did feel that I missed the strings when Gareth was singing "Why God, Why", however, I was yet again blown away by how Gareth can make such a big theatre standard sound as if it were written especially for him.

I remember way back on Pop Idol, Pete Waterman saying that Gareth sang "Yesterday" as if it were written for him. I recall some people claiming it was unfair because Gareth was being given songs that suited him, whereas the reality was and still is that Gareth has a fabulous ability to make great songs sound as if they were written with him in mind. It's his skill as a singer, that he makes it look and sound so easy.

Gareth really got into the part, and he's definitely more comfortable now acting out songs, even in a concert environment in his smart suit. I'd so love to see him in Miss Saigon as Chris. *sighs*

It was great fun to hear Gareth singing "For Good" with Rachael. It was a nice take on it, and they were clearly having a lot of fun.

Apart from Gareth, my favourite performances were Daniel singing "Tell me it's not true", Emma singing "Mein Herr" and "Hushabye Mountain", Rachael singing "No One But You (Only the Good Die Young) and Daniel and Jonathan's very fun "Starlight Sequence".

I'd have loved to have heard Gareth singing an extra couple (of hours worth of) songs. However, we've been very lucky with everything Gareth's done lately, and his very busy schedule might have been the limiting factor and just being able to squeeze it in between Loserville and Legally Blonde is a remarkable achievement. I get dizzy just thinking about how Gareth managed to juggle it.

Just reading the back of the programme, Speckulation Entertainment, who produced the show, have done quite a few other one off shows with West End performers, and they were the ones behind "A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe" and of course the album! Fingers crossed for more. :icecream:

Thanks everyone for such great reports.

It has been brilliant reading them and every snippet reveals just a little bit more about how the evening went.

This has been a delight to watch too. Such support for Gareth. Makes me as a fan quite proud.

Just loved it. :thumbsup: Thks.

Lots and lots of lovely clips which were filmed outside the theatre before and after Momentous Musicals on Thursday, including one from Linda (lindajan) and one from Ann (smitten) Well done both of you.

http://www.winkball....mbledon-theatre

Guest NicolaJayne

Just spotted this Winkball on Facebook, Ann has quite a bit to say. Its interesting listening to everyones views as to why they have come to see the show.

Also spotted Sarah Wynne and Emme Patterson not seen either of them for a long time and didn't see them on the night.

Just wanted to pop on here and say how beautiful Gareth sounds on Why God Why. I found the clip and enjoyed it so much.

Sadly because of my health having deteriorated I cannot go to live shows any more for any of the artists I like so I devour youtube for anything I can find!

I enjoyed the clip of Gareth singing For Good - I only wish someone had recorded him singing Unchained Melody.

I would have LOVED to have heard him sing that.

This show would have been great for me as two of my favourites - Gareth and Jonathan Ansell were performing.

Luckily I found 4 you-tubes of Jonathan - and he sounds fabulous on them all.

I loved his Love Changes Everything - and Starlight Express - but Gethsemane was truly superb.

The two best performance were Gareths Why God Why and Jonathans Gethsemane.

What voices! Such passion in their delivery. I'm proud to be a fan of both.

Wish I could have been there. x x x x