Sleeping Beauty 2012

Val4Gareth

Guest NicolaJayne

OH WOW! This is great news Val, I thought we should be hearing soon if Gareth was doing Panto this year, which is why I asked Ali. She said we would find out very soon. WICKED :jump: but not so good for the northern fans as Canterbury is a long way for them.

I am so happy to hear that Gareth is doing Panto again this year, and is in Sleeping Beauty.

Thanks Elaine :) I think its doable for me with Sarahjane if we go to the afternoon show and get on our way home before the end of the evening show :)

By the time most of you read this I think it will be confirmed by his management as someone tweeted him this

Louise @LouLouWorld

@Gareth_Gates looking forward to meeting u and seeing you in sleeping beauty this Xmas panto xxxxxx got my tickets xxxx

Wow this is great news if its to be confirmed :) looked at the pic too and he looks very stunning in the outfit :)

Have looked up train back from Canterbury to Birmingham Maria and yes its possible to get back after the afternoon show, and by the looks of it, it only cost us £16.50 it has 3 changes though but am sure we will be ok and you and Sarahjane will have no worries as i will be there to look after you both LOL!

I'm pleased for everyone who can get to this, but this will be another one I won't be able to get to. The combination of the location and time of year rules this out for me, so personally it is disappointing, as committing to another panto means he is ruling out doing loads of other things that I would have liked to see him do.

I do know a lot of people enjoy Gareth doing panto, so I'm pleased for you, but I'd rather he took a year off from it, especially with Hair not happening. If Hair had gone ahead, then it wouldn't be so bad, but with that cancelled, I was hoping he'd be able to arrange something for later in the year, especially with him not going to Germany. Hopefully there is still time for him to do something.

On a brighter note - this costume is definitely the best one so far!

Guest NicolaJayne

It must be very frustrating for fans not able to get right down to Canterbury and I feel sad for everyone not able to go. I did think that if Gareth did Panto this year it may be up North in which case I don't think I would have seen it as its a bad time of year for travelling up there.

I do think that Gareth will do something in Musical Theatre though before then at least I hope so. Panto is just a bit of fun but Musical Theatre furthers his career.

Things can change though as we know with Hair and Little Voice so won't be booking till we get confirmation.

Guest NicolaJayne

Nice write up, but I am amazed how early they announce something not on until Dec. Seems to me we only just got over last x-mas. lol

Its quite late being announced up to some of them, I had thought he wasn't doing Panto this year as we have known about Chico in Panto at Swansea for quite a while and also others.

Thats great its been confirmed now on his OS :) I did wonder how come its only been confirmed now when someone was speaking to on Twitter who tweeted Gareth the other day to say she got tickets replied to me today after asking her if tickets are on sale proper or just for theatre friends and she said everyone can book for the panto not just friends I booked for my tickets weeks ago now xxx

I was suprised at the weeks ago so I asked if she knew Gareth was in it then and after her reply I realised why its not been confirmed until now as she said it was a rumou at the time Gareth was in it and they had to keep it hush until today because it was the press launch, i'm glad i understand how these things work now.

Guest NicolaJayne

That is why Ali wasn't able to say then last week. I can't believe its on for so long from the 30th November till the 20th Jan Panto's don't normally have such a long run. Also says over 38'000 attended last years Panto Cinderella. So pleased that its been confirmed at last.