Loserville fan reports (any date)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

Appologies Heather as I have only just seen your report, don't know how I missed it yesterday but have had a very busy weekend.

Loved reading it and thank you for telling us about the green door, in the cafe, know where to keep an eye open for Gareth now LOL

Its unusual not having a stage Door isn't it.

The show sounds fantastic and after all these lovely reports that are coming in I am getting very excited about seeing the show and so pleased I managed to persuade Brian to go all the way to Leeds, though he isn't looking forward to the drive.

I think if I lived nearer I would be tempted to see it a second time, as I know from all your reports I am just going to love this show so much.

You did well to spot James Bourne on the front row.

Just seen looserville it was very good wish Gareth had a bigger singing role but we carnt always have everything lol. Managed to meet him before the show and as usual he was very charming and georgeous would upload my photo but not sure how to do it but it was very good

Went to see Loserville on Friday 29th June with my husband. It was absolutely FANTASTIC! I was so impressed with the whole show and the music is fabulous and catchy. I have been humming the tunes all weekend!

From the outset it is very fast moving and you cannot help but be impressed with the cleverness of the scenery changes which are so slick. The scenery is amusing in itself. There is so much going on all over the stage that I think you could watch it a couple of times and still find something new to notice.

It is difficult to single out any one performer out of the cast as they are all brilliant and so well rehersed and you can tell they are putting their all into it. However, I am going to say that Gareth stands out as being completely relaxed and natural in the role. He seems to find the whole thing effortless. There are some very funny lines and some which seem a bit lost on the audience, but I was still chuckling about a couple of them an hour or so later.

The theatre is really nice. Our seats were on row C and right in the middle. I felt I could have reached out and touched the actors! There was a good crowd in although quite a few spare seats at the sides which did surprise me bearing in mind the brilliant reviews it has received so far.

I have read in one review about it being a show of two halves which I might agree with slightly, but won't say anymore for those who have not yet seen the show.

My husband came with me on Friday and I was a bit worried that he would hate it all. I could not believe it - at the interval he was raving about it and said it was the best show he has seen in recent times. He was very impressed with Gareth's performance and agreed that he shone and seemed very comfortable in the part. As we were leaving he said he wouldn't mind watching it again! Talk about shocked. I might add that I could hear people talking around me in the interval and everyone was saying exactly the same thing. I think many people have been surprised at this musical and I do hope it makes the West End, although it wouldn't be the same without Gareth as Eddie!

Unfortunately, we didn't stay to see any of the cast afterwards which would have been nice. I wasn't bothered about a photo, but would have liked to have seen them all though.

Hope everyone else enjoys this musical as much as we did - even if you're not a fan of this type of thing you have to admire the creativeness from some very talented people.

Thanks Barbirgirl for reporting your visit.

It is so good to read each report because each tells us something different.

My husband came with me on Friday and I was a bit worried that he would hate it all. I could not believe it - at the interval he was raving about it and said it was the best show he has seen in recent times. He was very impressed with Gareth's performance and agreed that he shone and seemed very comfortable in the part. As we were leaving he said he wouldn't mind watching it again! Talk about shocked.

This is great to read. I think some of these other halves don't understand what a good time we have when we go out!!

Have you booked some more tickets for him???

I really can't wait to see the show.

Guest NicolaJayne

Loved reading your report Barbirgirl and great to know your husbands enthusiasm for the show as I am also going with my husband and was a bit concerned about whether or not he would like it.

I rrealy enjoyed reading your report Barbiegirl. Everyone seems to be on one opinion, that this is a really good show. Looking forward to seeing it myself next week. Glad your husband enjoyed himself too, you may get him to go again now.

HEY GUYS !!

Sorry my report is a bit late but here it is! I got tickets to see the show last Saturday (30th June) as a 20th birthday present ! I was travelling from Chester, my Mum was coming from the Lake District so we both decided to meet each-other at Manchester Piccadilly station, where we were both due to change trains for LEEDS !

We arrived in Leeds and booked into "The Cosmopolitan Hotel" we then went shopping and returned to the hotel to get changed. We ate out and swiftly made our way to the theatre. We inquired about where to meet the cast coming out after the show, the woman behind the desk informed us that "James Bourne is in the building tonight" (eeeek!)

We had AMAZING seats (ROW A !) so we were almost sat next to the cast !!

The whole show is SO SO clever I loved how the cast were the set! and the songs were very catchy. I'd have to say my favourite cast members were (obviously) Gareth, Lil Chris who was SO HILARIOUS and Eliza-Hope Bennett who played Holly.... her voice was IN-CREDIBLE as was Charlotte Harwood's who played Leila !!!

We met James Bourne at the interval. I noticed him sat at a table quietly signing some autographs. We approached him and I asked if he would mind signing my program-me. Now my Mum is a bit of a LEG-END and proceeded to tell him how much we LOVED the show (I was a little star-struck) she said something along the lines of it being "SO Vibrant and fresh" - his face ABSOLUTELY LIT UP and he said "Wow thank-you so much!!"

HERE WE ARE :-)

528839_4188978567857_190024043_n.jpg

The show didn't get a full house standing ovation, but a fair few people did stand up at the final bows (including us)

After the show I had the fortune of meeting Gareth, and chatting to him briefly.... however, he had to shoot off to Cardiff to attend a friends birthday celebrations. He was delightful as always and I got a picture with him (not as nice as my Carlisle one but good all the same)

3yy98u5zqlaeo0iu6f1l.jpeg

WOW !! What a night and what a fabulous show !! If that doesn't transfer to the West End at some point I will be DEVASTATED !!!!!!! :(

What a fabulous report Sophie. (waiting patiently for it to appear)!!

Sounds like you had a fab time and a special time with your mom too.

Loving the photos and lucky you getting both James and Gareth.

The whole cast sound amazing and it's just so exciting to read everyone's reports.

Hope your mom enjoyed it too.

Do I sense a new blog Sophie?? I sure hope so!

Guest NicolaJayne

Lovely report Sophie and pics, and so pleased to hear that your Mum enjoyed the show too. Couldn't think of a better Birthday present and nice chance for a meetup with your Mum..

Thank-you guys! :)

The whole cast were so so wonderful, I just wish I was going to see the show again! My Mum LOVED it as well. She's met Gareth a couple of times with me before :)

Yeah I shall try to write a new blog post on the subject for you all to read! x

Loserville Matinee 5.7.12

Yesterday I went to the Matinee with my friend, I noticed a few changes from my last visit which was during the preview week. It was another brilliant performance from the whole cast and Gareth was fantastic :-* I enjoyed the show even more this time.

This is next bit is why I am telling you about my trip to Loserville yesterday ...

After the show we waited to see Gareth, there was quite a few people waiting to see him, including a crowd of young girls aged about 16, when Gareth came out they went crazy as he came towards them they all flew at him about 12 of them all hugging him at the same time :o it was lovely to watch them , I wish I could of filmed it but my friend had the camera and it all happened so fast :D they had a big group photo and some individual ones to, then they got there programmes signed.

When everyone else had seen Gareth I had quick word and a photo. My friend had my camera to take a picture, I didn’t realise until afterwards she had taken a few while I was talking to Gareth :D He then shot off as he had to be somewhere, but when we got to the door another group of people waiting to see him, and then more outside too , although he was in a rush he stopped to see them all, than rang someone on his phone and shot off down the steps across to the bus station...

Here are the photos my friend took :D

I think Gareth spotted the girls and I'm sure they would of spotted him :) cue screaming

5712Loserville1.jpg

This one is a bit blurred :(

5712Loserville2.jpg

5712Loserville3.jpg

5712Loserville4.jpg

5712Loserville5.jpg

5712Loserville6.jpg