Charity Football Match - Sunday 2nd Sept

eternal

The charity football was publicised in the local press , and I'm sure local fans went , as I've seen pics and videos from the match by local fans. When you have a Charity Football match , they invite ' celebs ' to draw in the crowds , so of course all the fans go and help raise money , that it the point of a Charity Football match with celebs . I've been to one with Coronation Street and Emmerdale actors ;)

Guest NicolaJayne

Its a shame then that more people didn't know about it in time, but lets face its true that Gareth has never been good at blowing his own trumpet to advertise anything he is doing like you say Charity or otherwise. I think he is much more likely to advertise his McGuire programme events as he feels that is helping others rather than himself. Gareth is far too modest. I always remember him saying after DOI that he wouldn't use it to get pubicity for a new album as that was far too cheesy.

I see there is a linked just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/LesMisVPhantom which says that they have raised £6235 through that page alone. (plus presumably funds raised on the day)

Now that is something that the officila site / facebook page etc should have had the sense to provide a link to.

I didn;t know he'd missed a penalty. Bless