Bradford - One In A Million

Val4Gareth

That's brilliant that Gareth is able to do this :)

Singing superstar Gareth Gates is to lend his support to Bradford-based children’s charity One in a Million by performing at their annual awards ceremony.

Gareth, who is currently starring in the musical version of Legally Blonde in Manchester, will perform at One in a Million’s prestigious Stars Awards at Bradford Grammar School on Saturday 13 October 2012.

The fourth annual Star Awards ceremony, attended by the charity’s key partners, supporters, celebrities and local dignitaries, will honour the achievements of some of those young people of Bradford who have overcome difficulties with the help of the charity.

Wayne Jacobs, co-founder of One in a Million and former Bradford City star, said: “The Stars Awards are a real highlight of our year – for the charity, the young people and the volunteers – as it rewards them for their outstanding achievements during the year. We are honoured that Gareth, a Bradford-success story himself, has agreed to give up his time to help us celebrate the achievements of the young people of this city.

“Our passion and hopes are to break negative statistics that hover over the lives of many young people in Bradford. We are working hard to change these statistics and provide a real hope for their future and the city’s.”

One in a Million, founded seven years ago, works to improve the lives of some of the most vulnerable children and young people in Bradford, helping them to gain educational qualifications and social skills through its educational Sports, Arts & Enterprise programmes.

Tickets are still available for this event. For more information please email craig.mchugh@oneinamillion.org.uk or call 01274 723439.

Guest NicolaJayne

Does anyone know how much tickets are for this event, they are usually really expensivev for charity functions

We are actually invited to a Double Christening on the 14th Octoberb in Keighley but not decided wether to go yet as its such a long way to go for a christening.

Guest NicolaJayne

I did Heather and got the reply that its £40 but includes a 4 course meal, but the bad news is I think we are going up for the Double Christening but I am not allowed to go and see Gareth at the Star awards as its about 3 years since I have been up for a get together with my sister and family.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NicolaJayne

i am now not going to Yorkshire till Saturday next week, as got roped in to Babysit Friday,probably as well as i would be thinking so near but yet so far LOl

• 2 weeks later...

These make for nice reading: :thumbsup:

@thomaskmilner good to see you last night me old pal @Gareth_Gates was amazing wasn't he @OneinaMillion_

and

Inspiring night at @oneinamillion_ Stars awards last night. Proud to be involved in a very small way. Great performance by @Gareth_Gates too

and even better

@Gareth_Gates credit where credit is due my friend you rocked the @OneinaMillion_ stars night last night

Sounds like the evening went very well.

Article in the T&A

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/9984424.Gareth_Gates_joins_the_stars_at_One_In_A_Million_awards/

“It was fantastic to see so many people supporting us and we are honoured that Gareth, a Bradford-success story himself, gave up his time to help us celebrate the achievements of the young people of this city.