Bingley Gig 23.5.2013

eternal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some tweets from people there tonight

@Gareth_Gates Really enjoyed the gig tonight . Was good to hear the old songs and your new stuff sounded great too :)

@Gareth_Gates had a brilliant night at your concert in bingley tonight. Really good, well done. Xx

@Gareth_Gates you were apsolutley amazing at bingley!! Need to bring another album out! Amazing voice!!!

Right enjoyed seeing @Gareth_Gates tonight :) amazing voice! #stillgotit #giveitupforpete!

It was a great show last night at Bingley , thanks for the tweets Maria and the pics Khelda which I haven't had time to look at yet . I didn't take any pics but I'm sure there will be loads later and hopefully vids on youtube as June videod some , as well as others behind me I think.

The audience was the loudest I have heard for Gareth in a long time.

The show started off with the warm up act Kula Bula , who were 2 chaps playing guitars and singing . I did like their song choices and they were good but I was getting a bit fed up with them in the end. There was then a break and on came the Academy children. The children were aged 5 to 19 and were all very good . They did lots of dancing, then they moved on to the singing . They have some brilliant singers in the academy , taught by Nicola , who is now a qualified singing teacher , Nicola was sqaut down at the front guiding them along . Jessica sang 'For Good ' with another girl , they had gorgeous voices , I knew Jessica sings, but wow she was fabulous . It must run in the family. When they had finished Wendy came on stage , she is the director of Gates accademy and goes down every week. She praised the kids and brought on the dance teacher and Nicola the music taecher , the drama teacher wasn't present last night.

There was another break , then Gareth came on to thunderous applause , chanting and screaming , I haven't heard screaming like that for Gareth in years .

Gareth sang Heaven first , i'm not sure of the order ,Gareth then sang Suspicous Minds , Sweet Child Of Mine , More Than Words Can Say, Any One Of Us , his new song Stay , Pete introduced all the new songs , they had a lot of funny banter going , with Gareth getting the audience to shout 'Pete , Pete, Pete many times lol.

Gareth sang Unchained Melody which sounded well good , with the audience joining in of course . Gareth encouraged a lot of audience participation in most songs . Gareth sang Angel On My Shoulder for Wendy , who came on stage , there was a lot of hugging and kissing and Gareth was getting quite emotional . He then told her 'to get off stage ' lol.

I'm not sure if this is when Gareth brought Missy on stage . He had her in his arms and was trying to get her to say 'Hello Yorkshire ' but she was a bit shy , and who can blame her with that roudy audience cheering her on . Gareth was giving her lots of kisses and hugs. He then brought on Mia , Nicola's little girl , and held her up in his other arm . Missy wasn't as shy then , you could see they were pals .Last night was a very family affair.

Gareth then sang another new one , it was about someone setting him free to be you (or yourself ) it was very moving , and lovely .Gareth sang 3 new songs , I personally prefered the 3rd one as it was quite catchy , I'm sure someone will post the titles , Gareth was unsure about the title of one himself lol. The song made me think of a Merry Go Round , I could just imagine the video.

Gareth had everyone up on their feet for the rest of the night.

Gareth sang Summer Of 69 , Living On A Prayer , Sex On Fire , everyone clapping and joining in of course . Spirit In The Sky was great as usual with Gareth finding people to sing with him , Gareth said goodnight , went off but came back on for a great singalong with Brown Eyed Girl , which I always love.

I met quite a few Gareth fans I haven't seen for years and some who I met for the first time , it was geat meeting you all . The show finished at 10.25 , which was followed by a Meet And Greet . I bought the £5 poster of Gareth for his charities to get signed , Jessica was in charge of posters. Gareth was as lovely as usual ,It was a really fab night :thumbsup:

Wow Heather, brilliant report, thanks so much. Sounds like it was a great night, a big success. :)

I hope they will release a nice catchy song first if they thinking of releasing them (which I hope).

Cant wait to get to hear some of the new songs, hoping someone might have recorded them.

Had an absolutely brilliant time at Bingley last night. Can't really add anything much to Heather's great report. It was lovely to meet you Heather and also Linda and a few others that I met for the first time.

I finally managed to get some really good videos of the 3 new songs Gareth sang, so if anyone is able to help me get them from my iPad onto Youtube I'd be very grateful. The third new song, was every bit as good as the first two. Gareth and Pete said they hadn't properly decided on a name for it, but they sort of called it Hold On Tight and asked for suggestions for a name, but that name sounded just right to me. Gareth also told me he had several other songs which he will be introducing.

Just one thing I will add. Gareth's voice was even more powerful last night. He is truly amazing.

Thanks to everyone I went with for such a fantastic day.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your reports and for collating tweets etc from the gig in Bingley night. It certainly sounds like it was an amazing night. I'm absolutely gutted though because I had a ticket to go to this, but unfortunately I had an assignment to finish for today and so my uni work had to take first place. I am really glad that everyone who went had such a brilliant time and I can't wait to hear Gareth's new songs! :D

Great to meet you too Val , I'm glad you have got recordings of Gareth's new songs . I agree about the Hold on song, I remember Gareth singing 'Hold on (tight? ) I'll take you on a one night stand ' I alos agree about Gareth voice , I have never heard Gareth's Unchained Melody sung so well . I was very gutted for you Katie x

Gareth has tweeted

Twitter
  • So proud of my kids @GatesAcademy for their performances at last night at my show. Well done guys x by @Gareth_Gates 32 minutes ago

Thanks Val, loved reading your report, and a big thanks for recording the new songs, I really want to hear them. :)

What a shame katie that you had tickets but could not make it due to your Uni work, and yes your future comes first. But still a shame.

Cheers to everyone for there wonderful reports they shared. Really value all the reports as would love to be at one of the tour dates myself but sadly that won't be possible but hearing how amazing he is doing helps :) Wow Val loving the new songs thanks for sharing the videos they are stunning and so emotional!

Thank you Val for posting up the videos, they are brilliant quality. Gareth's new songs are so beautiful, there is so much emotion in them. I think my Free is fave, followed by Hold On Tight.