Gates Academy

Val4Gareth

Not sure whether Gates Wilkes Academy have disbanded completely, but I think one of the academies might be either closed or closing.

Sorry when I used the word 'disbanded' I was thinking that the partnership was no longer continuing (that was my thinking because the website no longer exists). I didn't realise one of the academies was having to close. What a shame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes they did according to two tweets from @GGatesAcademy

Very exciting - we have @damien_poole teaching tonight at #GatesAcademy

He's been in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Shrek, Grease amongst others...looking forward to tonight @damien_poole #Bradford

• 2 weeks later...

This is an article about Gareth's visit and performance at New College yesterday ( Thurs 6th March ) .Where Gareth is opening a new Academy . There is also a link to the Huddersfield Examiner website where you can watch Gareth's performances .It's buffering quite a lot for me, I have tried listenind direct fro the Hudd Examiner site, but it's the same, it gives you a good idea though how well Gareth went down with the Pupils .

http://huddnewcoll.ac.uk/2014/03/07/gareth-gates-opens-performing-arts-academy-at-college/

Heather these are absolutely brilliant.

I love the dedication to Mushy as he is talking. If you notice Gareth does not take his eyes off him.

The performance and that of the boys and girls is hilarious.

I think those boys (and girls) will realise it's not as easy as it looks singing(and doing it well)on stage.

Have put a direct link to the videos:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/gareth-gates-meets-educating-yorkshires-6784305

Thanks for that link Chris. I couldn't get it to work for me when I tried from Heather's link, so it was lovely to be able to watch it.

Gareth did the one thing that people didn't do for him and wait until Mushy got his words out. I know it must be difficult to wait, but I'm sure its the best thing in the end for the stammerer. Good on you Gareth. And well done Mushy for trying so hard.