Gareth's Perfect Weekend

eternal

According to this article (and Native Monster):

http://nativemonster.com/lifestyle/showbiz/celebrity-interviews/my-perfect-weekend-gareth-gates

My Perfect Weekend: Gareth Gates

Reality show star Gareth Gates is back on the road for a solo tour, following his appearance in ITV’s Dancing On Ice final in March.

53873b963f21f-gareth.l.m.jpg

Reality star Gareth Gates has come a long way since winning the pop idol competition back in 2002

The singer, who was the runner-up in the first series of ITV talent show Pop Idol, has sold more than five million records and recently featured on The Big Reunion Series 2. He will headline the O2 Academy 2, in Birmingham, on June 25. We caught up with Gareth to find out what makes his Perfect Weekend.

It’s Friday afternoon, what’s on your mind?

When I’m not working, weekends are when I try and see my daughter, so I’m probably planning my journey and what we are going to do all weekend. Sometime we will just hang out and be like kids, make up songs. She has a great imagination! Or we’ll go to see a film, go for food or go away on a holiday. I spend a lot of my time working so I like to make the most of time off.

Who normally has the pleasure of your company at the weekends?

If I’m not travelling to a gig, which I will most of this summer doing, I will see my daughter. Last weekend I took her to the seaside, we had a great time and the weather was amazing. You can’t beat the British seaside for kids when the weather is good. She tired me out and spent all my money.

How do you prepare for a big night out?

Well.. I always have to shower just before I go out. I do sometimes put some fake tan on if I’m feeling a bit pale, then shave. I’m always last minute as well. I’m always still ironing my shirt and standing in my pants when everyone is ready to go. It drives everyone mad. But that’s me.

What’s your favourite party outfit?

I do like to dress smart. I love a well cut suit, sharp shoes. Everything has to be ironed properly. I’m a bit of a stickler. I had a lovely D&G suit but I’ve left it in a dry cleaners somewhere and I’ve no idea which one.

You’ve just arrived at the bar, what’s your first drink?

If it’s a hot day probably a pint or two. Then it’s onto JD and coke. I have also been known to do the odd shot on a big night out.

What is your favourite night spot and why?

I love a pint in a sunny pub garden. Then I might head out to Mahiki as I have a friend who works there. At home in Yorkshire I go to see my friend in Leeds who owns bars like Fibre and Mission. I’ve spent a lot of time in Birmingham as I’ve got family there. Among other places I head to Metchu. I was there on the Dancing On Ice tour recently.

It’s a sunny Saturday, what are you up to?

I might take my daughter swimming or to soft play. Or head out to a nice lunch with friends, or I’ll be driving to a gig more often that not.

What’s your most memorable weekend ever and why?

Probably the weekend my daughter was born. Life changed forever, for the better, but with just not as much sleep for sure. I just can’t imagine my life without her now: everything I do is for her. You start to live your life completely for someone else who completely depends on you.

What’s your recipe for the perfect night in?

I might cook a lovely dinner for my girlfriend because I love to cook. We do get the odd take away, but when it comes to food we are both pretty healthy so we like fresh ingredients and good food. We would probably watch a film. Or I’ll be cuddled up early in bed with my five-year-old daughter, Missy. I’ll cook her dinner and we probably end up watching Frozen and singing songs together!.

Favourite DVD and what would you eat while watching it?

I love the movie True Romance. It’s a good mixture of epic romance and action and it has a great cast and a good soundtrack. I’d eat salted popcorn.

Sunday breakfast: cooked or continental?

Cooked for sure. I get very hungry – I eat all the time, but I never put on weight. No one knows why. It’s very annoying for other people.

Sunday lunch: home cooked or down the pub?

Either. I cook a great roast dinner with all the trimmings. But equally if I can find a great pub, a pint, roast dinner and a glass of wine with friends. Perfect.

Where and how do you like to relax?

Sleep. I’ve been so busy. I did Dancing on Ice and the Big Reunion all at the same time. Then I went on the Dancing on Ice tour, which has only just finished. Now I’m catching up with family before I start rehearsals for my tour at the end of June.

I’ll also be 30 in July and I’m taking all my family away for a week. Friends are joining us too and I’m going to have a week long celebration.

Have you got a favourite hobby or unusual pursuit?

I like to DJ so when I get a chance I lock myself away and mix tracks - I really need to do a new mix actually.

I’ve got a lot of equipment, as I do it properly, so being on tour I can’t do it. But when I’m at home I love locking myself away with a load of music.

You have the whole weekend off and a wad of cash. Which country or city would you head to?

Well that sounds like Vegas to me. Not sure a weekend would be enough though.. so if it was in Europe, maybe Monaco.

Guest NicolaJayne

That is a really great interview that I have only just seen. I am catching up on here as I haven't been on for a while with my sons wedding being last Friday and had family staying.