Stables, Milton Keynes 14th June 2015

Val4Gareth

Thanks Linda for such a great report and well done for remembering all the songs sang.

Yes Gareth did say he wished the Ed Sheeran song was his as it was a global success.

The venue was great with friendly staff and the atmosphere when Gareth performed was electric and I was still buzzing after more than three hours driving home. (It was lovely having you with me, Chris, making the day a shared experience).

Thankyou. Hope I didn't bore you to death!

Thanks for posting the great photos Maria. I particularly love the first one showing off the long jacket.

I wondered if anyone had managed to get any photos.

Did you see anyone chancing any filming?

Regarding Jai, the cow shed mention, i'd like to think was just made jokingly and he may think a lot of Gareth but his voice is not a patch on Gareth's, when I heard him sing All of Me I was thinking that meant Gareth wouldn't be singing it which I was pleased when he including it in a medley which ended with That's When You Know, Gareth singing it was in a totally different league.

Thankyou. Hope I didn't bore you to death!

Of course you didn't, Chris - anyway it was far more likely to be the other way round.

It's been lovely that a few people managed to get photos, didn't notice that happening and certainly not anyone filming. It was a great shame that they announced that recording was prohibited.

Whenever your birthday is this week I hope you have/had a lovely day.

Linda

It was a great shame that they announced that recording was prohibited.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was at Gareth's request at the moment. The thing is when a recording is made its put on YouTube and its there for everyone to watch and listen too. Gareth knows his voice isn't up to its usual high standard and he'd probably not want recordings taken and posted for posterity. We all enjoy listening to him no matter what, but Gareth is a perfectionist and I'm sure wants only emaculate recordings posted on YouTube.

Its today isn't it Chris. Thanks for jogging my memory Linda.

Hope you having a lovely Birthday and being spoiled. xx

I hope Gareth can get his voice fully recovered soon, I still feel sad that he has to miss out the high notes, I think what gets him through the rockier songs is he gets the people to join in a lot,otherwise I definitely agree it would be best he sticks to ballads for now but guess he can't really do that at the Haven camps as its more a party setting.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was at Gareth's request at the moment. The thing is when a recording is made its put on YouTube and its there for everyone to watch and listen too. Gareth knows his voice isn't up to its usual high standard and he'd probably not want recordings taken and posted for posterity. We all enjoy listening to him no matter what, but Gareth is a perfectionist and I'm sure wants only emaculate recordings posted on YouTube.

That's very true, Val, although there were signs up about photography and recordings not being allowed so it may be a general request at the venue. Whatever, I wouldn't want to go against Gareth's wishes if he didn't want to be recorded at the moment.

Happy birthday, Chris - don't know why I didn't ask when it was when you mentioned it! Hope you get that phone call.

Linda

Thankyou.

Yes opened the Milk Tray at 9.00am this morning. :thumbsup: To me that's spoiling myself.

That's a point about Gareth not wanting any videos to go on Youtube.

However his voice was just a bit more gravelly and I personally thought it was standard practice by the Venue to announce the message.

The Stables is run entirely by volunteers and they were all very professional (both in dress and attitude) and the man who saw us out commented how they all love to be there.

How refreshing is that?

Happy Birthday Chris, hope you have a lovely day - enjoy the Milk Tray. :thumbsup:

Skipton Auction Mart was also run by volunteers, thank goodness we have people like this - Hopefully Jai was joking, and no Chris they didn't actually sing together there.

I have really enjoyed reading your reports,Thank you Chris and Linda for sharing your evening with us and also thank you Maria for the lovely photos. I would loved to have seen Gareth play the piano ... Glad you all had a great evening, I wish I could have been there.

Happy Birthday Chris, I hope you have had a lovely day x

Thanks for your birthday wishes. Second box of Milk Tray gone :):blush:

Skipton Auction Mart was also run by volunteers, thank goodness we have people like this - Hopefully Jai was joking, and no Chris they didn't actually sing together there.

Yes I know they didn't actually sing together as this was verified on Sunday.

Yes Valr how wonderful are these people who give of their time?

Val the poster was from both Linda and myself. Glad it helped cheer you up.

It had been along time since we saw gareth its gotta of been 5 months or more I thinks. was glad maria fully organised the travel so I did,nt need worry about getting on trains as don't like them.was glad we could go just by coach and taxi and taxi was,nt to expensive so that was good too.i wondered where taxi was going when he turned and went up country lane lol I thought eek the stables a lovely big wodden posh rustic looking building very modern in what id say was the middle of a forest lol.me and maria was hungry/thirsty after our trip but found out from reception there was nothing we could get to walking be to far.she said later that guy at bar would do us a hot drink in half hour which he did.shared my caramel wafer with maria just a wee something lol.we found out the restaurant part opened at 6 but was usually reservations only.we went took a look and lady said they had tables free so we could but checked menu first to see if anything we liked lol. I felt slightly embarrassed knowing we was gonna order a bowl of chips each as it seemed rather posh lol. the chips was huge lol.we later heard that gareth was about.we sat down and just chilled we saw chris and linda arrive which they came say hello to us which was nice.i was pleased we got front row seats too.jai came on first I dunno if he was joking with cow shed joke.he did seem rather arrogant up himself if you know what I mean but he did meet people after which was good for those that liked him. could not wait for gareth to come on pete came on first then gareth in jeans that was not white but more a very light blue like my jeans mostly white. he had a long 80s white jacket on and white sneakers he sang his classic songs along with the rocky ones that people get upto and clapping for.was a lovely set of songs and I loved hearing gareth on piano was amazing. there was a huge queue for meeting gareth we was towards the back but gareth made sure he saw everyone bless him.im pleased I got two great pics I just had to have a huggy as those mean so much to me.i took pic of maria which im glad came out well too.we waited to see everyone see him I was touched when he had pic with girl in wheel chair that's our caring gareth bending even though his back hurting he went to stoop for me he did abit but I said ill go tippytoes lol. we went outside it was so dark creepy we went where it was quite so maria could call a taxi was told 10 minutes. we turned round and gareth was there lol I said its creepy here its up a country lane lol he said yeah it is.when we was heading toward the front to wait he came behind us in his car beeping scared me to death lmao lil blighter he knew I was finding it creepy lil blighter lol but all good fun.was glad when taxi did come and we was okay getting home was tiring but more than worth it.heres my pictures :)

post-414-0-75888000-1434660116_thumb.jpg

post-414-0-95717200-1434660149_thumb.jpg

Thank you for posting up your lovely report SarahJane. It was very interesting to read as always. Thanks also for sharing your pictures with us. They are lovely. Especially the second one. Glad your taxi didn't keep you waiting too long. I'd have found it a bit scary too I think.

Pleased you liked your poster, Val, and that it cheered you up. Gareth is so thoughtful and immediately wrote a lovely message when we said it was for you. He laughed when I commented on him singing 'Valerie' too!

Thanks for your report and pictures, SarahJane. So pleased you had a lovely day and safe journey home.

Linda

Awww bless you Chris and Linda, it was lovely of you to get a poster singed for Val, I did see i think it was Linda getting a poster signed and I could tell he was writing more than just a name then love Gareth like he was on people's generally so that must of been yours Val.

Pleased you liked your poster, Val, and that it cheered you up. Gareth is so thoughtful and immediately wrote a lovely message when we said it was for you. He laughed when I commented on him singing 'Valerie' too!

Sorry I didn't thank you at the same time as Chris, Linda. I hadn't realized there was a card inside the tube until she told me. It was still stuck inside. I was just going by her name on the outside of the tube. Gareth is a real sweetheart!

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for your report Sarahjayne interesting and detailed as usual and your pics are lovely.

Some of the venues are really out of the way aren't they. I would have been there if it had not been the same day as my ruby Wedding anniversary.