Gareth on Twitter

Val4Gareth

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Gareth going to see his old Pop idol friend, Zoe Birget in the show shes in.

Aww that's great that Gareth's going to see the show that Zoe's in. I would love to go see Priscilla Queen of the Desert too.

I bet he'll have a great time - it's good that they've started to do Thursday matinees so other theatre people can see it too!

(Shame he's spelt Zoe's name wrong! :blush: - I'm sure it was a typo! :hyper: Here's hoping she isn't a diva about it! :tongue:)

I'm not sure that's true. Gareth is always happy to chat to fans in person, so I don't think he'd refuse to do so online. I bet he just doesn't realise that it exists or at least how to do it. He's mainly giving updates via his phone, so you don't actually need to look at anything to do that. It's just like sending a text message. The way he edited his folk/fork typo with no comment makes me think he didn't realise others had!

I'd suggest that the next person to see him at the stage door asks him if he reads the messages people send to him, and see how he reacts! :laugh:

And of course if lots of fans are leaving messages for him, if he does look, he might be more inclined to reply. He might be a bit worried that he can't reply to one person without replying to everyone, but I think with this sort of thing, you just have to do it at random and hope everyone understands.

It's not compulsory to reply to people - using it as an easy blogging system is good fun as it is, but if you want to get the most out of it, it is good fun to interact too. The likes of Phillip Schofield and Jonathon Ross seem to have so much fun, but I sometimes wonder how their families feel about their obsession. :unsure:

Wish I'd thought of mentioning it to him last week when I was there :laugh:

That's what I was meaning though about replying to some and not all, I think he would be afraid of offending someone. He probably knows how easy that would be to do. I think a few people mentioned the typO to Figaro, so he may have been prompted to alter the word.

To be honest I don't think I'd want him to be like Philip or Jonathan Ross. They post so many messages I find them a bit boring and rather irrelevant although plenty of others seem to like it.

Yes. That's what I was meaning really. Having very high numbers of followers is (in part) dependent on being very interactive with it. It's not always practical or even desirable. Having said that, I did love the photos Phillip Schofield was posting from The Brits and more recently his trip to Rome! I think you need a lifestyle that suits. I know that Phillip Schofield gets driven quite a long way into London every morning for This Morning, and once he's finished reading the papers and gone over his script, he has time to play on his computer, as well as plug the day's guests.

I doubt Gareth changed his typo because Figaro told him about it. I think if he realised people were joking about it, he'd have made a joke back about it, along with clarification, in a new tweet, rather than deleting the old one and posting again. I also can't see Figaro getting on the phone to Gareth on a bank holiday Monday when he knows he's spending time with his family to tell him something petty like that. At the end of the day, it was a cute and rather endearing typo - Gareth hadn't accidentally said something rude about someone important! :laugh:

And of course if lots of fans are leaving messages for him, if he does look, he might be more inclined to reply

can people leave messages for him without him following you too? if so how? cos id love to say stuff to him even if i dont get a reply :smile:

You don't need to be following him, but you do need to have an account and if you have an account, you might as well be following him.

All you need to do if you want to send him a message is to include @Gareth_Gates somewhere in your message when you post. It will show up for him if he checks his @Gareth_Gates bit, but it took me a while to find it, so I forgive Gareth if he can't find it either. :laugh:

The idea with Twitter isn't that you click on the individual person's profile, but that if you are following them (and anyone else) that their updates appear on your own "home" page. That way you don't need to worry about keeping a note of their details.

Perhaps Gareth doesn't think he's done anything interesting enough to merit writing about - little does he realise that we are happy to read about pretty much anything! :tongue: :laugh:

The page shows up for me,although he does appear to have got fed up of twitter-ing. :laugh:

http://twitter.com/Gareth_Gates

I suppose after the initial excitement of getting started and telling us his info, he may wonder if all his other getting up, going to the gym and going to work is a bit repetitive? :whistle:

Was listening to a debate on the radio about Twitter today and the general opinion was that it is appealling to an older age group :unsure: The talk also included details of "Twitter Magnets" too. :unsure::unsure: How do they work?

Another couple of updates from Gareth yesterday - both from "Twitterberry". He must be getting twitter-happy, lol. At least he's found a friend now! :laugh:

He says he was in Pizza Express in Battersea at lunchtime, so I'm guessing he might have been meeting someone from 19 there, as it's in that neck of the woods. I'm not sure if we're supposed to guess who the Paul bloke is in the evening, or if he really is some random bloke he's met in the pub he's giving a name-check! :laugh: