New Momentous Musicals Tour 2013

Val4Gareth

A new three night tour of Momentous Musicals has just been announced on Gareth's Website and his Facebook

Edited to confirm FOUR nights :thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.garethgates.com/2013/03/momentous-musicals-returns-on-tour-for-3-dates-only/

http://www.facebook.com/GarethGates

BOOK TICKETS HERE: :thumbsup:

Wed 17 July New Wimbledon Theatre

Fri 19 July Princess Theatre Torquay

Mon 22nd July Bradford Alhambra http://www.bradford-theatres.co.uk/event/momentous-musicals

Thu 25 July Palace Theatre Manchester

ATG Ambassador Theatre Group New Wimbledon Theatre

Momentous Musicals returns on tour for 3 dates only!

Following its hugely successful première at New Wimbledon Theatre in 2012, Momentous Musicals is back by popular public demand for three dates only! Gareth Gates leads a cast of the finest voices from the West End stage, as Momentous Musicals returns to New Wimbledon Theatre this summer with a brand new production. The show opens in London on Wednesday 17 July and will then tour to The Princess Theatre, Torquay (Friday 19 July) and the Manchester Palace Theatre (Thursday 25 July).

Returning alongside the headlining Gareth Gates is the incomparable Rachael Wooding who played a starring role in Momentous Musicals last year. With an accompanying cast of the highest West End calibre, this year’s show will feature brand new arrangements of classic and recent musical theatre songs including Let Me Be Your Star from Smash, What I Did For Love (A Chorus Line) and One Day More (Les Misérables).

Gareth Gates is renowned for being one of the top-selling UK artists in history having sold over three million singles in the UK. He has recently carved out an enviable niche for himself as a lead musical theatre artist, with coveted starring roles in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Les Misérables. Gareth most recently played the role of Warner in the 2012 tour of Legally Blonde as well as originating in the role of Eddy in Loserville at the Yorkshire Playhouse. He is currently starring alongside The Osmonds in a UK concert tour of the hit musical Boogie Nights.

Rachael Wooding can currently be seen as Scaramouche in the West End production of We Will Rock You and recently played the lead role of Mary Delgado in the long-running West End production of the smash-hit musical Jersey Boys. Her previous theatre credits include Amber in Hairspray and Meat in We Will Rock You.

Momentous Musicals is a concert celebration of those fondly remembered songs we all know and love from an incomparable selection of musicals – those which have audiences returning time after time.
The show promises high production values and top-notch talent combined to offer an unforgettable evening of popular songs, eclipsing even its closest rival with artistic aplomb.

Momentous Musicals is directed by John Garfield-Roberts.

ENDS

LISTINGS
Momentous Musicals
Starring Gareth Gates
Wednesday 17 July 2013
New Wimbledon Theatre, 93 The Broadway, London SW19 1QG
Tickets: £18 - £25 (concessions available)
Box Office: 0844 871 7646
www.momentousmusicals.com
www.atgtickets.com/wimbledon

Press Contact: staceypedder@theambassadors.com / 020 8545 7918
Notes to Editors:
Gareth Gates

Gareth returns to New Wimbledon Theatre this summer to headline Momentous Musicals following an acclaimed season as Prince Charming in Canterbury’s 2012/2013 pantomime, Cinderella.

Gareth Gates is renowned for being one of the top selling UK artists in history having sold over 3 million singles in the UK. Since finishing second on the original Pop Idol Gareth has toured extensively as a solo artist, playing too sold out arenas.

Gareth's musical theatre career began with the gala concert A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe, produced by Speckulation Entertainment in 2008. Gareth has now gone on to carve an enviable niche for himself as a lead musical theatre artist, with coveted title roles on Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in the West End, and the lead role of Marius in the 25th anniversary cast of Les Misérables, Gareth then went on to reprise that role in the West End.

Gareth is featured on the Les Misérables 25th anniversary recording, and the live recording of A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe. He has appeared as a headline artist in numerous gala concerts, including A Very Musical Evening in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust at Wilton’s Music Hall, the New Wimbledon Theatre Centenary Gala. Gareth also played Cain in the charity gala performance of Stephen Schwartz’s Children of Eden at the Prince of Wales Theatre and headlined Momentous Musicals at New Wimbledon Theatre in 2012.

Gareth most recently played the role of Warner in the 2012 tour of Legally Blonde and he also originated the role of Eddie in Loserville at the Yorkshire Playhouse.

Rachael Wooding

Rachael is a Yorkshire born musical theatre performer, best known for her performances in We Will Rock You, playing Meat and understudying Jenna Lee-James as Scaramouche.
She began her career in musicals in Germany - such as Cats and Starlight Express. After West End Success in Saturday Night Fever and Fame, she went on to play Amber in the original London cast of Hairspray the Musical. She then performed the title role in Evita on the UK tour. In March 2011, she played Mary Delgado in the West End production of Jersey Boys.
Rachael has also played numerous lead roles on tour, including AJ in Loveshack and Ariel in Footloose. Rachael’s credits as a concert performer include Christmas in New York, produced by Speckulation Entertainment, Michael Ball’s Summer Concer, the Queen Symphonic Spectactular and Momentous Musicals at New Wimbledon Theatre in 2012.

She recently appeared on TV in a featured role on ITV’s Coronation Street, and can be heard on the Coronation Street: The Musical cast recording. Rachael is currently starring as Scaramouche in We Will Rock You in the West End.

New Wimbledon Theatre
The Broadway, Wimbledon, London, SW19 1QG
www.atgtickets.com/wimbledon

So happy about this. Momentous Musicals was one of the best concerts I've ever been to last year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is absolutely fab news. :jump:

Suzie I was so dissapointed that I didn't make it last year too so am desperate to go this year.

How wonderful that there are three venues too.

At last Val, after all your travelling you will be able to see Gareth in Devon, at last.

See the tickets for the venues are already selling quickly.

Guest NicolaJayne

This is great news that Gareth is doing M M again would like to attend but not sure as I am going to the Marvellous Festival which is the 21st of. July so a bit close to that.

I would have loved to go to see this show in Manchester, but there's no chance as its midweek. Also, they haven't announced which other artists are on with him apart from Rachael. I wonder who the well known West End artists are and if they are the same people from last time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a little insight into what we can expect from the show- From Wilma in the West End!

West End Wilma ‏@westendwilma May Have a read of @Gareth_Gates having Tea With Wilma, talking about Momentous Musicals @NewWimbTheatre on 17th July http://www.westendwilma.com/gareth-gates/

1. Can you tell me about Momentous Musicals and what people can expect from the show if they come to see it

Momentous Musicals celebrates the best Music from some of the best West End and Broadway shows. These shows include, Les Mis, Miss Saigon, Wicked, Joseph etc. We’re very fortunate that we have some very talented West End stars performing these songs, what’s more they’ve all performed in most of these shows.

Audiences can expect an entertainment filled evening with songs that they will all know and love.

2. Many people will know you from the roles you have played but how would you describe yourself as a person (in 5 words or less)?

Hard working, driven, but fun!

3. Do you have any pre show rituals that you have found yourself getting into over the years?

I can’t perform without washing my hands! I’m slightly OCD!

4. If you could be the opposite sex for a day, what theatre character would you like to play?

Elphaba from Wicked! I reckon I’d look good Green! And would love to belt out “so if you care to find me” on a broom!

5. Do you have any dream roles you are yet to fulfil?

I’d love to play Chris in ‘Miss Saigon’ I’ll be singing “Why God Why” in the show, it’s one of my favourite songs from the Musical. I had the pleasure of working with the writer of Miss Saigon, Claude Michel Schoenberg when I played Marius in the brand new 25th Anniversary version of Les Mis, he really inspired me.

6. Have there been any funny/awful moment that have happened to you on stage that you would like to tell me about?

As Marius I climbed over the Rue Plumet gates a few times to find no Cosette waiting for me!!!
I won’t mention any names… But singing “A heart full of Love” to myself was quite hilarious / tragic!

7. What theatre show would you like to see make a comeback and why?

‘Miss Saigon’ because the Music is just incredible. And I’d love to see the helicopter again!

8. What was the last show you saw (apart from the one you are in) and what did you think of it?

“Lion king” I hadn’t seen it up until recently but was dragged there by my four year old daughter Missy, it was amazing! Both me and Missy were in floods of tears throughout, such a spectacle of a show. I highly recommend it!

9. Do you have an all-time favourite Musical Theatre song?

“For Good” from ‘Wicked’ my best friend first played me this song years ago and ever since then the lyrics have always meant a lot to me. I’ll be singing this in the show too.

To book tickets to see Momentous Musicals at the New Wimbledon Theatre visit www.atgtickets.com/wimbledon

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks for the interview Eternal its nice to hear Gareth say he would.like to appear in Miss Saigon, never seen it but would love to see it if Gareth had a part, his "WhyGod Why" was amazing.

Obviously we don't know Gareth personally but as an onlooker I would think this describes him fully:

2. Many people will know you from the roles you have played but how would you describe yourself as a person (in 5 words or less)?

Hard working, driven, but fun!

Guest NicolaJayne

I would say that is a pretty good description , he seemS to have got the balance right between work and play, my Dad used to say all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

John Owen-Jones & Ashleigh Gray Join Momentous Musicals

JOHN OWEN-JONES & ASHLEIGH GRAY JOIN THIS YEAR’S CAST

momentous.jpg

Award-winning and record-breaking musical theatre star John Owen-Jones (Les Misérables, Phantom of the Opera) will join the previously announced cast of Momentous Musicals as a special guest star for each of its 2013 tour dates dates at New Wimbledon Theatre on Wednesday 17 July, the Princess Theatre, Torquay on Friday 19 July, the Alhambra Theatre, Bradford on Monday 22 July, and the Palace Theatre, Manchester on Thursday 25 July.

Also joining the cast will be West End leading lady and ex Elphaba Ashleigh Gray (Wicked, I Dreamed A Dream, Taboo). John and Ashleigh join Gareth Gates (Les Misérables, Legally Blonde, Boogie Nights) and Rachael Wooding (We Will Rock You, Hairspray, Jersey Boys), who return to Momentous Musicals to headline the show for the second year running. It marks the first time that John and Gareth have been reunited on stage since they starred together in Cameron Mackintosh’s sold out 25th Anniversary tour of Les Misérables.

The headline cast will be supported by a young and talented ensemble including Bronté Barbé, best known as a finalist in the BBC’s Over the Rainbow, Richard Lowe who originated the role of Lucas Lloyd in Loserville at the West Yorkshire Playhouse and in its subsequent West End transfer at the Garrick, and rising star Maggie Lynne, one of the most exciting musical theatre students to graduate from Mountview Academy of Arts in summer 2013.

Featuring one or two of the best songs from last year’s show, alongside a wealth of new material, this year’s production will feature brand new arrangements of classic and recent musical theatre songs including Let Me Be Your Star’ from US TV series Smash, ‘What I Did For Love’ (A Chorus Line) and ‘One Day More’ (Les Misérables) as well as several surprises.

Special guest star John Owen-Jones is an award-winning and record-breaking West End and Broadway performer. Best known for his performances as Jean Valjean in Les Misérables and Phantom in Phantom of the Opera, he is one of the most lauded musical theatre artists of his generation with numerous international concert credits from Bangor to Bangkok.

John is the West End’s longest running Phantom with nearly 2000 performances in the role, a regular star of The Three Phantoms around the world, and played Jean Valjean in Les Misérables in the West End, on Broadway and in the 25th Anniversary Tour. He has released three albums: Hallelujah (2006); the self-titled John Owen-Jones (2009); and Unmasked (2011).

Leading lady Ashleigh Gray is renowned for her time in the role of Elphaba in the award-winning West End musical Wicked. She last appeared in the world première of the Susan Boyle musical I Dreamed A Dream and has played the lead role of Kim in the UK tour of the hit Boy George Musical, Taboo. Her concert credits include several instalments of the West End’s popular Notes from New York series, including the seasonal Christmas in New York.

Gareth Gates is renowned for being one of the top-selling UK artists in history having sold over three million singles in the UK. He has recently carved out an enviable niche for himself as a lead musical theatre artist, with coveted starring roles in shows including Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Les Misérables. Gareth most recently played the role of Warner in the 2012 tour of Legally Blonde as well as originating in the role of Eddy in Loserville at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. He recently starred alongside The Osmonds in the hit musical Boogie Nights and is currently on a solo acoustic tour of dates across the UK.

Well known to West End audiences, Rachael Wooding can currently be seen as Scaramouche in the long-running West End production of We Will Rock You. She recently played the lead role of Mary Delgado in the West End smash-hit musical Jersey Boys and her previous high profile theatre credits include the title role in Bill Kenwright’s national tour of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Evita, Amber in Hairspray, and Meat in We Will Rock You.

Momentous Musicals is a concert celebration of those fondly remembered songs we all know and love from an incomparable selection of musicals that have come to define a generation of theatregoers. The show prides itself on high production values and is an unforgettable evening of popular songs, eclipsing even its closest rival with artistic aplomb.

Momentous Musicals is produced by Neil Eckersley for Speckulation Entertainment with direction by John Garfield-Roberts, musical direction by George Dyer, lighting design by Tom Boucher and sound by Keith Hutchinson for Orbital Sound.

The much-anticipated live album recording of last year’s Momentous Musicals is now available at www.momentousmusicals.com featuring Gareth Gates and Rachael Wooding