Best of Gareth CD release 10 March 2014

eternal

Guest NicolaJayne
So Gareth's physical album is for sale in Tesco then!? :thumbsup:

Hypnotherapy UK@UKHypnotherapy

Wow in tesco and just found https://twitter.com/Gareth_Gates'>@Gareth_Gates album £3 itv eat your heart out http://t.co/rqTfZe36CH'>pic.twitter.com/rqTfZe36CH

(May just have to pop in and put it in front of some of the other albums lol)

just like the old days LOL used to do that whenever I saw a Gareth album.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the Top 100 album chart published yesterday and surprised Gareth is not in it. I know there was very little publicity for the album but thought it might at least chart given that album sales are so low and it does not take much to get into the top 100

I was surprised how little Gareth did to promote the album (no album signings for example) and even though he did quite a few interviews it seemed to get a little lost with the big reunion and dancing on ice tour promotion.

Shame really that more people were not aware that the album is out as I thought it could do quite well with the profile Gareth as at the moment

Gazman the album is not chart eligible because of the price being too low (so no way of knowing where it would have ended up), I think it was just released to get Gareth back into people's mind without spending any money on promotion. (hopefully they will do things properly when he releases his next new album)

I was surprised how little Gareth did to promote the album (no album signings for example) and even though he did quite a few interviews it seemed to get a little lost with the big reunion and dancing on ice tour promotion.

Shame really that more people were not aware that the album is out as I thought it could do quite well with the profile Gareth as at the moment

Gazman, only Gareth and his team know the reason why the album was reduced to £3.00 making it as Khelda says not chart eligible.

It does seem a shame that people didn't see the album chart as may be wondering the same.

However I did go into Tescos today and had to say it was nice to see Gareth's album on the shelf.

There were two top 50 music charts. The one Gareth was No.15 in all the albums were priced @ £3.00 or thereabouts and then there was the 'proper' music chart. I don't understand it!??

I have to say that I do think there has been quite a lot of buzz about Gareth's album and am pleased that Sony although no TV advertising did send out emails, which for me was a first.

Gareth had no radio airplay(which he probably wasn't going to get with all old songs but it looks like the album didn't do too bad, all things considering.

Perhaps this was purely to advertise the tour(which certainly caused a buzz) and then get ready for the next album?

Guest NicolaJayne

I do hope though that if Gareth releases a single it will be more upbeat and catchy as his Stay, Free and Hold Tight are in a similar vein to Changes and AOMS from his last album. I am out of touch with the charts but in my opinion he may be able to get higher with an upbeat number. Does anyone else think so.

I agree Elaine, but I have a feeling that having put those 3 songs on this album, he might have completely other ones for the next album?

If he wants to have success, he needs to release a song the general public like and the radio station want to play.

Guest NicolaJayne

That is what I was trying to say Khelda, he needs a strong song that is going to stick in people's minds. And be radio friendly. I actually wish too that he could release it incognito as I think the radio stations could still be prejudiced against him.

I must admit to not liking the tension of whether or not a single or album etc is going to chart well.

I much preferred his stints in musicals where his success depended on his natural talent, the music business is much more fickle.

Guest NicolaJayne
He wants to do it again though Elaine, and give it his best shot. I am sure he will be back in musicals in the future. :)

We just have to ride the wave so to speak. :)

I know he does, he is very brave and I admire him for it and hope he is successful of course.

Guest NicolaJayne
CD is nice to listen to in the car. The new tracks are Ok, but don't blow me away. I think Free is the best of the three, but don't think any of them are singles material. They're just not catchy enough to interest people who aren't Gareth fans.

My thoughts exactly.

Guest NicolaJayne

Yes it is quite a good review but I wish everyone would get their facts right, Gareth didn't win Pop Idol. I was pleased to see it in my Big Tesco at Brookfield this week, it was at no 15

I liked the fact that they say Gareth's new songs show that Gareth has matured , nothing negative like not catchy enough .

Yes, I thought that too and also that the Greatest Hits was a long time coming. Think its not only us who have been patiently waiting for new music from Gareth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...