Upgrade to the site

eternal

We will be having an Upgrade to the site just after Christmas.

Hopefully it will go to plan.

If not and we lose the site (be it temporary) don't hesitate to contact us: gpgoriginal@gmail.com

Oh and your eyes haven't deceived you. This was formally titled Announcements. Felt it was a bit formal so hope you like Noticeboard as being more friendly.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will be of much help but I have just had a look on Google to see if I could find some advice on how to clear browsers and I found this website which provides instructions on how to clear your browser cache. https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache/  

I think what the hosts might mean in terms of a new browser is maybe trying to log in on an alternative browser for example if you use Chrome try Internet Explorer. With the boards being upgraded they might not work properly if the browsers we are using are out of date, so they may also need updating. Here is the link which provides instructions on how to do this https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001388.htm

I'm not very techy person myself but hope this helps just a little bit. Would also like to say a big thank you to the admin and mods on here you all do a fantastic job in looking after the boards and although I'm a 'quiet' member I'd be lost without them, so thank you so much for keeping the boards running.

I will always try to help if I can, or ask Google to find me a solution 🤣😆

Katie x

Thanks so much for these Katie.

I myself can't access the site through Chrome so this will be good for me and for anyone else not able to login after the changes this morning.

If anyone else is having trouble you can always email: gpgoriginal@gmail.com  and we will try to help from there too.

Thanks again Katie.

Think we need to keep these links in IT too. 

9 hours ago, garethsmelody said:

Thank you.  I am able to log on.

Glad you are finally back on.

Turns out no one can now have any symbols in their username i.e. **~~++. 

If you have any symbols in your username, please sign in removing them, re-entering your username in lowercase and no blanks. Click the box 'remember me' to take out the tick. Re-enter your password and you should be able to sign in.

(It's all a learning curve)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We had another upgrade with forced us being offline for some 4 days.

The site has had to be restored to 7th July 2019 unfortunately so we have lost all our postings since then. Can only apologise but it was beyond our control.

This means the post for Gareth's birthday (12th July)  has been lost.😪 Let's hope he had a good one.