Cruise Performances 2019/2020

lindajan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Doris, wow, what an amazing time you had and how lovely of Gareth to spend so much time talking to you. The show was obviously great again and so nice that you got a chance to chat to Wendy, she would have been on her own so at least she had someone to talk to.

Love the photos, the one of you with Gareth is gorgeous and he looks so happy and relaxed. Lucky you seeing him again so soon!

Doris

I have been waiting for this (and it doesn't disappoint).

How wonderful you had such a great time and have told us so many details. Bit disappointed there's no photo of Gareth taken at the Muster station with his life jacket on😉

Were you jotting the songs as he sang them? People must have thought you were a reporter (which you were sort of- for us).

Lovely you had a chat to Wendy. She may have appreciated some female company being with two blokes all the time.

I remember when we were with you at the Panto and you called Gareth back and you told him you had already booked the cruise, then found out he was appearing, then telling him not to ask you to sing Spirit In The Sky. Whilst he always seems busy and in a rush he must have remembered what you said. Nice he dedicated the song to you.

Thanks for the photos. 

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Lol at your sister wanting to see Gareth again next time. I suppose you had to agree to it?😉.

Wendy told me that on the plane going over to Barbados Gareth counted up his perfomances on P&O this year and it was 90

G.was selling CDs again, he sold quite a few again on the night I was there.

Wendy also said(laughing) that they were all sunbathing in the Adults only Quiet area,   a lady  said to a waiter selling the Limelight club "I wouldn't pay £35 to see GG. if it was Rod Stewart I might" Gareth had his back to her and just smiled.

On all P&O ships when  you sail away in the evening from a port they have a sailaway Party,on the last port before heading home they have a "Great British Sailaway* the Captain comes down and joins in. a lot more people attend this Party.They play songs from around the UK.it is quite emotional.I have a new phone took some videos so will try and post a couple (never done it before)

Thanks for your reports, Doris, about your cruise and seeing Gareth, Pete & Wendy at his show & elsewhere. It's so lovely to read that his shows were sold out - it's really not surprising that he has decided to concentrate on the cruises this year. Lovely photos & great to have the set list too.

Do you mean that when Gareth is on Sapphire Princess that he does one night (2 shows) in the theatre, then performs elsewhere on the other nights?

It must have been lovely that Gareth acknowledged you & even stopped for a chat when you saw him around the ship, etc.

It's good that you are booked to see the show again next time you go.

On 2/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, dorral said:

Wendy told me that on the plane going over to Barbados Gareth counted up his perfomances on P&O this year and it was 90

G.was selling CDs again, he sold quite a few again on the night I was there.

Wendy also said(laughing) that they were all sunbathing in the Adults only Quiet area,   a lady  said to a waiter selling the Limelight club "I wouldn't pay £35 to see GG. if it was Rod Stewart I might" Gareth had his back to her and just smiled.

On all P&O ships when  you sail away in the evening from a port they have a sailaway Party,on the last port before heading home they have a "Great British Sailaway* the Captain comes down and joins in. a lot more people attend this Party.They play songs from around the UK.it is quite emotional.I have a new phone took some videos so will try and post a couple (never done it before)

IMG_0999.MOV IMG_0997.MOV

That's incredible that Gareth has already performed 90 times on the cruise ships.

It must hurt when people say things like this about not paying to see Gareth but as ever he just smiled.😬

I loved seeing the video of all those people on board (quite a few). Who is steering the ship when the Captain is dancing at the side of the pool?😅

I wonder if Gareth has been able to board Britannia in Antigua,according to people on Britannia chat she's still at sea with engine trouble and is unable to dock there. 

When the problem has been fixed the ship is going  to Martinique tomorrow, instead of having a sea day.

• 4 weeks later...

Arrived  in Barbados yesterday, In St Lucia today, met Gareth at Breakfast had a nice chat and he ,gave me a big hug. Said To him that I don't know how he can keep doing the 9 hour plane journey to the Caribbean.He said it was a drag but worth it when you get here.Going to see him in the Limelight tomorrow night.

Had a great time last night ,Gareth was amazing,Pete was not with him it was Simon on guitar, sang a few new songs,have the set list,his reception at the end was fantastic, he sold lots of CDs the queue for photographs at the end was so long,most of the men there were in the queue as  well. .Gareth on the way home now.

Thanks for this Doris. It's great to hear that Gareth is getting such a fantastic reception to his performances on the cruises - it's not surprising that he's keen to do them. Lovely to hear there were some different songs - I'll look forward to seeing the set list when you get home. I expect Pete had other gigs that he was involved in.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Love Linda xx