Cruise Performances 2019/2020

lindajan

I’ve had a lovely holiday, still recovering from the journey home though, arrived at the airport from ship 2pm Saturday, at 9pm they told us the flight had been cancelled. They took us to hotels for Saturday night then back to the airport Sunday lunchtime. We waited for them to repair plane.and at 10pm they said the fault on plane engine was fixed but there was still a fault which meant we had a 11 hour flight instead of 8 along the coast of America. They said the plane could not fly over the sea as it  had to be within 60 mins of land. Finely got home  8pm  Monday.

The  cruise was great especially when Gareth was on the ship. He was on by himself So if we saw him he always stopped to chat, As I said before he wasn’t well, he told me he was very tired as he had been travelling a lot and working hard.

When we went to the show it followed the same format.Gareth sang nearly  all the same songs plus Perfect and Amazing, he did play the piano to more of them. though. The  crowd loved him  he chatted between songs more than he has done before.After the show nearly all the crowd queued  to see him.,saw lots of men shake his hand and tell him it was a brilliant show

Jason from the entertainment team who was hosting the night was going.round the room talking to people ,he asked me if I had been to the Limelight  before, I said 4 times all to see Gareth. He was full of praise for Gareth, said he was very talented and his voice was similar to George Michael  and what a lovely guy, he also said that they always put extra tables in for Gareth and can’t accommodate everyone who want to see him.

The night I went in after the show to take pics there was A bridal party in,the bride asked Gareth to write in her guest book which he did.Another lady asked if he would say happy birthday on the phone to someone home which he did.

After the show a couple got in the lift with us and he was saying they had just been to see GG in the limelight and he was brilliant.

Pics from night I went and the previous night.

439E5147-34D3-4E92-ACD0-CBC90E7EC530.jpeg

AB5E04C3-C31E-438F-AF4F-33BA506D3C4F.jpeg

6FD7BF5C-7038-4F10-B472-15C9D61AD888.jpeg

E39F0D79-1E7B-4AD0-AD64-7C5B2D82888E.jpeg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doris what a great report.

OMG if I was on that plane I would have demanded it stopped and let me off 😫😫 I would have been terrified especially when crossing the sea.

It's lovely to have an insight into such sn event like this and the entertainment guy to tell you his thoughts on Gareth. Yes he does sound like George Micheal so surely there is a gap  in the market for some George Micheal sounding songs on a new album??

Part of me was sad reading that Gareth had to write in the bride's book after all he has been through the past few months. In his  sweetness I assume he wrote something lovely. (In reality I bet he was thinking I'm glad I escaped🤣)

Loving the photos.

Thanks for sharing this.

Doris, I can't imagine being delayed for so long and then having such a long flight home, you must have been exhausted!! Thank goodness you had such a good holiday and were able to see Gareth perform. How nice to hear such lovely words from Jason and George Michael is my other favourite singer, I've always thought that Gareth should sing some of the songs! The bride must have a thrilled to have a photo with Gareth, lucky girl. I love the photos of Gareth, he looks so smart in that outfit and thanks so much for your great report. 

Love Val xxx 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, eternal said:

Do we have any idea what part of the world Gareth is in at the moment?

Gareth is in Barbados, the ship has been docked there since Friday morning.  The ship sails at 9pm tonight,(1am here) tomorrow Sunday is a sea day, after that he will be  in Curaçao,Aruba, and Grenada.Think he will fly home from Kingston town St Vincent or Saint Lucia 

21 hours ago, dorral said:

Gareth is in Barbados, the ship has been docked there since Friday morning.  The ship sails at 9pm tonight,(1am here) tomorrow Sunday is a sea day, after that he will be  in Curaçao,Aruba, and Grenada.Think he will fly home from Kingston town St Vincent or Saint Lucia 

Oh thanks for this information Dorral. I just saw he was travelling with his passport but no idea where his destination was. Sounds wonderful Let's hope he is having a great time.

This post was on the Britannia facebook site this morning.It looks like Gareth has shaved his beard off.Lots of nice comments under the post from people who have also seen him on cruises.

Omg ... I sat staring at Gareth Gates last night like a love sick teenager 😍 definitely worth £35 to go watch him and have dinner in The Limelight

She has just added this to her post.

He’s so fit he’s just surfaced in the buffet for breakfast I can’t stop staring at him lol 👀

2March.jpg

2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was a lovely picture of P&O ship Azura leaving Barbados last night to return to Southampton. Both Britannia and Azura spend 6 months in the  Caribbean and still had another 2-3 weeks left cruising there.( I was due to go next Friday,Gareth 3days later)  Due to today’s circumstances both ships have had return to Southampton. Britannia arrives back tomorrow,  Azura will be back in 8 days. This is the message on Azura to the Caribbean people who rely on tourism.

25A7CBF8-06FD-46E7-B64E-5A85973D09AA.png

Thanks Doris,

It is very sad, there are so many places that totally rely on tourism who will have no income for the foreseeable future. I also think of all the people working in the theatre a lot of them not earning much money and they are all out of work until we get back to normal.