Support the Theatre and Arts Industry

eternal

I think this is a great idea from Magical Mr Christopher Lees on TwitterWatch Theatre to Help Out

Once theatres and concerts are back up and running it would be a real help to get the bums back on seats. I know for the food industry it has been a real boost and has gained everyone's confidence to get back out there in restaurants.

Perhaps not Mondays or Tuesdays for theatre but even Wednesdays & Thursdays wood be good.🙏

It would be a great idea. I know Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber is being very proactive even doing the Oxford vaccine trials to try to get things moving. Fingers crossed they find a vaccine soon that will help us all to get back to some kind of normal life. 🤞

I was surprised  when I was watching that no one was wearing a mask even if they didn't have to. There were only 300 allowed in so definitely socially distanced and they are fortunate in snooker that the events are all sponsored so not dependant on making money. I can't imagine many theatres would be able to make a show financially viable with such a small audience. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, eternal said:

Panto is now going ahead at the London Palladium.

Details here

A huge risk to see if it will work but in my opinion one worth taking. As Michael Portillo said on Question Time last night. " Let's look at how we can open theatres as opposed to why we are closing them".

Wow this panto took bookings of £500,000 in just over an hour!!

See Here

This is a brilliant idea, well done the National lottery. It will hopefully mean that some theatres will earn enough money that they will be able to stay in business. It would be great if Gareth's panto in Cardiff is one of the ones included even though I probably wouldn't be going. 

• 7 months later...