Radio promotion

Snowdrop

If you've been in THIS THREAD you'll know we've been trying to get ourselves organised for future promotion. If you would like to be involved in helping get Gareth the radio play he deserves when he's back, then please add your details to this thread or the other one and we'll include you.

In order to keep things manageable we've decided that we ought to work in teams according to region, so if you want to help out at all, please can you reply, stating which region you live in (use the map below to help within England) and an indication of what you'd be prepared to do (gathering information, checking information, organising the information, keeping others in your region up to date, emailing etc). You won't be committing yourself to anything just yet and you can change your mind, so it's just to give an indication. If you would like to register some intent, but are unsure - just say that.

If you think you have already subscribed, please check the list below to ensure we have logged your details correctly. If you think you know someone who would like to help, but maybe hasn't seen this list - please can you point them in our direction. Thanks.

The regions are:

Scotland

Wales

Northern Ireland

London

South West

South East

East Anglia

West Midlands

East Midlands

North West

Yorkshire and Humberside

North East

41aa2132e478d.gif

Check out this website to get more details about which counties are within each of those regions.

So for me I'd say

Region: Scotland

Input: Little bit of checking and emailing.

Summary of those who have already offered help

Scotland

Snowdrop: little bit of emailing and checking

Garethshotchick: anything - gathering information, checking information, organising the information, keeping others up to date, emaili

Floz: whatever possible (don’t listen to much local radio)

Rejuvenated: emailing and anything that can be done sporadically, open to suggestions

Gazfan: everything/anything

Wales

(Catgates – see NW)

(gazgatesissexy- see SW): everything/anything

(BexGates - see NE)

Northern Ireland

SuzyLuv'sGARETH

Browneyes Chantel: everything/anything

London

Gareths My Prince: everything/anything

Snowdrop: emailing

gareth's horny little mitten: everything/anything

gareth is simply da best:

Easter Bunny: everything/anything

South West

Debi Angel Eyes: emailing and bits

Say It Isn't So: radio stations in Devon

South East

Hazzy: on the case

Moondance: as much as possible

NicolaJayne: email

Maggaz: East Sussex and Kent

Fran75: emailing

East Anglia

*sugar* (Essex): anything and everything

Wayzgoose: emailing/checking

crystalp: emailing/checking

West Midlands

GarethsmyPrince: anything/everything

eternal

gatesybabe

Sweetie Pie: anything/everything

Tom: anything/everything

Claire: gathering information/emailing

Oldestteenager:/emailing

aGarethFan: emailing/texing

East Midlands

xXxMelissaGatesxXx: anything/everything

Francine: anything/everything

aGarethFan: emailing/texting

North West

Emma 4 gareth: anything

R@ch G@areths Bird (Liverpool): anything

Catgates: anything/emailing – maybe also do North Wales

Maggiemags: anything

Cassie: emailing

North East

Laura: anything/everything

*Jess*:anything/everything

GAZISFIT

Yorkshire

XxGGNO1FANxX (South)

Muppet(South)

lindsaygates4eva (West): anything/everything

KGates (West): anything/everything

Gareth4eva fit n sexy(West): anything/everything

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think preparation and team-work is the key - so if you know anyone who would like to contribute, be sure to encourage them to sign up.

Please make it clear that signing up for this thread isn't about being told what to do. This is about helping people to work together to decide what to do themselves. Of course if people would rather be told what to do, then that's fine!

But ideally it's about helping people to use their initiative, and helping them to share information with people who will find it useful. After all, it's the people in Wales who know about tv and radio programming in Wales, so they should be the ones making the decisions for Wales. :)

As you'll see, we are lacking volunteers for certain regions, so if you know anyone from those areas it might be worth making a little bit of extra effort to ask if they are interested.

OK, I@ll add you - but for the purposes of our regions and according to the map we are using, Essex is lumped with East Anglia! We can always change some of these later, and I think a lot of people who live near boundaries will be able to join in with their neighbours if they have time. :)

Guest GarethsHotChick
I am from Derby in the East Midlands.I will do whatever I can including contact with local DJ on Ram FM.

I have now added your name to the list Francine, Thank You for offering to help with promoting Gareth. :D

I talked to a taxi driver today who told me about this DJ ringing him on x-mas day on his holiday in Mexico on his show, apparently they are good friends.

So I now have this DJs phone number (the one to ring the station, which is Kestral local station Basingstoke) He has a show from 3pm onwards every day. The taxi driver told me he is very approachable, so on Sat I think I will do that and ask if he can play any Gareth's songs.

Guest GarethsHotChick
I'm from the North East, Middlesbrough to be exact and i will do anything!  :D

Thats GREAT Jess Thank You for saying you'd like to help, I will now add your name to the list and be in contact soon to let you know what is happening and what you need to do.

:D

Hope you don't mind me pointing out, but I'm actually from North Wales (North East, to be exact). It says on the list that I'm from the South.

I'm not being awkward, just thought I'd let ya know. :D

Snowdrop

Please could you add me to the South East group.

I will only be able to do bits of emailing, as I will be working in Canada and the US for the next 6+ months; back in the UK at most 1 week in every 3. I realise this could be a problem, as it could be difficult to listen to UK radio (on-line only).

I hope this is OK

Fran

PS This is why I put "not sure" in the questionnaire

Guest GarethsHotChick
Snowdrop

Please could you add me to the South East group.

I will only be able to do bits of emailing, as I will be working in Canada and the US for the next 6+ months; back in the UK at most 1 week in every 3. I realise this could be a problem, as it could be difficult to listen to UK radio (on-line only).

I hope this is OK

Fran

PS This is why I put "not sure" in the questionnaire

Fran I have now added your name to the list for the South East group, Thank You for offering to help. Don't Worry about how much you can do, Every little helps and you doing a little bit of promotion is much appreciated.