Xmas Lights

pongo999

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne
:) Hi Nicola/Jayne ,I know someone on the ggboards who is staying at the Victoria Hotel,Bradford for the lights.It is close to Centenary Square,close to Bradford Interchange and has car parking.It will be great if a meet up is arranged :D

Thats great Heather the Victoria it is then, not booked yet though. Hope there is a meetup and will look forward to seeing everyone, Oh! and of course Gareth :D

Ponggo i wont mind being there with you... as long as you will help me get through the crowd and the security for i got a special mission remember :D:rolleyes::ph34r:

let out that charm of yours okey :D:D:D:D

I am Looking foward to the christmas lights, Never had a chance to go before so nothing is going to stop me this year.

Work have told me I can't have the two days off so looks like I will just have so be sick then. :)

Looking foward to seeing everyone againg, and it will great to be able to see Gareth, even if he doesn't perform it will still be great. :D

Love Laura xxx ;)

I've just made arrangements to stay in Bingley at my sister's and hope to meet up with you somewhere.maybe someone can suggest the best place to meet up please?

Have you seen on gg boards,Laura'sMum has posted that she has been intouch with Bradford Information Centre who say as far as they know Gareth isn't going to be there.She is asking which part of Bradford Council,confirmed it?

I thought it hadn't been confirmed officiallyv ?until Snowdrop posted The Gareth Mail ?

I only said what had been said in this thread and that people would need to check exact details before making plans because details had not been confirmed and things change.

As far as I can tell The Council have made no announcement about the switching on of the lights - so I'm not sure what's happening. I'd have thought they'd have done so by now, but until they announce it formally we'll not know for sure what's happening. I don't know why they haven't made any formal announcement, or even if it's normal to leave it this late.

That's where the dilemma lies as if people are going to go they need to make planes. When we've been told by Wendy he's going to be there (albeit unofficially) and The Council tells people they should go ahead and book trains then you can be sure people would complain if they weren't told.

But of course there is always the risk that people get things wrong or they change, which is why I said to check.

Yes, fingers crossed they are just keeping us waiting - but you can't help but worry that plans have changed. It might not be down to Bradford CC - I wouldn't put it past 19 to be awkward, and if there was an opportunity for Gareth to work with a really good song-writer or producer that week and it clashed - they'd want him to do that instead, and who could blame them?

I'm sure Gareth will have Bradford marked in his diary,he seemd pretty determind to be there.But nothing has been written in stone.I'm thinking Pulse Radio will start advertising once they have Halloween out of the way,but we do know that Gareth isn't headling this year as usual.I hope we don't get someone we'd rather not see :unsure:

Pongo has posted on ggates that they told her they were changing the format of the thing - so who knows what that means. I thought they might get Girls Aloud in, because they have a single out that week (CIN one too) and Kimberly is local, but they are at some HMV opening in Cardiff that day, so I already thought that was less likely.

If The Pulse are doing Halloween type things, then that would justify holding back on the Christmas lights, and if they aren't having the usual concert type thing - then maybe there is less need/desire to advertise it so widely.

;) Well it still has this on the Pulse site.

Bradford Christmas Lights

Centenary Square, Bradford

Thursday 18th November

An evening packed with entertainment to get Bradford in the festive mood.

We'll be live in Centenary Square to flick the big switch and get the seasonal glowing going

They do have a lot of local things,like someone from the pantomine,can't remember who is on this year.Some very stompy looking local dancers,dressed up Christmassy.Fun and games.They also usually have the winning local rock band from a comp to perform at PITP.Then last year it was Phixx,Cleo and Gareth.It did sound like they were having someone headlineing this year,and it deff wasn't Gareth,then lights switch on then Fireworks.

Wendy did say he was deff going to be there,but things can change,but I am hopefull :):)