Tour reviews?

Floz

The tour reviews have been deleted on GG and we need to try and pull them together again, so that the fabulous experinces that people shared with us, and the good newpaper reviews are not lost.

I have put out a request on GG as well as here. If anyone has any copies of the personal reviews they (or anyone else) wrote at the time as well as copies of the newspaper reviews, could you let me know, or put them in this thread. We can then keep a copy in our archives.

It doesn't matter if we get duplicates at this stage, we can always cut them out

Guest GarethsHotChick

Floz, I don't think I kept my tour review unfortunately on word which I should have done especially after this fiasco has happend. However I very clearly have all the memories in my head of Gareth's tour so if you'd like I can write a report for Glasgow as I would really like to help out and feel it is important that we try and at least bring some of them back if possible. I'll probably get onto it tomorrow as I will have more time to concentrate and think about what happend and everything. So if you'd like I can do that its not a problem. :)

Floz I might have a couple of reviews but you know I feel really annoyed about what has happened on ggates.

How can one person by the 'press of a button' just delete all the memories that we have?

No amount of pictures is going to replace all the excitement of the stories of the front row etc.

I had to email admin at the bottom of ggates where it says 'contact us' to express my dissapointment/annoyance and ask how come we didn't have to be warned it was going to happen and can they resurrect any of it?

It has certainly made me feel like I am doing something about it.

Floz, I don't think I kept my tour review unfortunately on word which I should have done especially after this fiasco has happend. However I very clearly have all the memories in my head of Gareth's tour so if you'd like I can write a report for Glasgow as I would really like to help out and feel it is important that we try and at least bring some of them back if possible. I'll probabl get onto it tomorrow as I will have more time to concentrate and think about what happend and everything. So if you'd like I can do that its not a problem.  :)

That would be wonderful.

We probably need to let people get over their anger first, but once they have I htink it would be a good idea to ask people to post fresh reviews. They won't be 'fresh' in the same way they were at the time, but hopefully they'll still be personal. We'll keep copies over here of course!

In fact, it might be better asking for people to post on here anyway - as they might actually manage to post, and then we copy across to ggates.

What?!!? Theyve been deleted? WHY?!?! :(:(:(:(:(

Thats not fair!! Whenever I felt down I sometimes read the tour threads and remembered how excited we was... :(

Just read the thread on ggates...why the hell have they been deleted? Why wasn't there a spring clean in CW where all the chat thread could have been deleted? :( :( :(

Yeah, the thread is locked.

Omg...I can't believe it...how inconsiderate! :(

That moderator should get the sack that's for certain.  She's up to no good. Anyone doing something like that is not fit to be a mod. Can't get on to protest but have heard that she's locked the thread complaining about it now!

Just found it now, shes locked it...

Why on earth would anyone want to delete posts from one of the quietest forums? Why not CW? Common sense! :(

Exactly Linds!

Look at all the chat threads and random posts in CW there is! And then she goes and deletes post and accounts from one of the best (or for me THE best) nights of our lives. :(

OMFG What a terrible doing !!! :o:angry::rolleyes::(

There's a wonderful song of a gorgeous singer: STUPID MISTAKE - It can happen to anyone of us. In my opinion: the first part fits more than only a little bit but the second part definitely not. It would not happen to anyone of us, never !!! It's too crazy !!!

I found the piece that I wrote at the time and have typed it as part of Mums The Word's thread back in Performances.

If someone wants to bring it here that's fine by me but if you prefer I'm happy to type it again over here. I will do it will as long as I know where to enter it.

Oh, that's great! And thanks for your offer Frankie, but don't worry.

I think the plan is that they get posted over there and then, once we know where we're up to, we'll start to bring them over here and then they're safe. Avoids the risk of us duplicating over here too :)

I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you're doing there Floz. Things have been a bit hectic for me lately, so I've not been in a position to help out, but I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say it's greatly appreciated. :D :D

Its great how weve all come together to find some of the reports :)

Great work everyone :D

I can't beleive what I'm reading - that a Mod on gg has deleted the Tour threads thats sacrilige. I know I can't always get on there ( like lots of people these days) but when I can its been com forting to know that wonderful week in all our lives was there to be read at any time and all the memories come flooding back. It's terrible that this Mod could do such a thing.

Thank you to all those who are doing their best to recapture our recollections and keep them safe on here.

Once again thank God we have this site - run by truly genuine Gareth fans.

Maggie