Val4Gareth

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats proppa gorge hehe!!

so we can buy it from here :excl:

Guest NicolaJayne

Both fantastic pics of Gareth, very difficult to choose which I like the best as they are both so different. Can't wait to see the rest of this calendar :wub:

I see what Kelly means about his lip, think it could be a blister with the sun, I get them myself sometimes. We allways put sun cream on but forget to protect our lips.

EEEEEE they have to stop doing this (just kidding) but seriously they are going to cause me so many heart attacks that it isnt fair. HE IS GORGEOUS and I hope this is a poster if not I might have to make it one myself hehe.

Not only am i in shock that he is sooo gorgeous but I am really really shocked on how much they have been updateing ggates its like a miracle.Lets hope they keep it up

Your wish is my command  :D

200%

916ab819.jpg

And, for the greedy ones amongst you  :P  ;)  :D , 300%

28642a26.jpg

God, he's beautiful.  :wub:

beautiful is right Maggie :wub::wub::wub:

thanks for enlarging this picture :wub::wub:

I don't get the chance to come on here much these days, but had to comment on this gorgeous pic. Have to agree with what's been said by others about it being a more natural shot and showing us the Gareth we know and love.

I don't think however, that Gareth needs to sell his new album with his body, so I am glad the calendar launch will not coincide with the album release. I believe his music will speak for itself. I hope that it IS his music that will make people notice him again.

Hope no one gets mad at me for saying what I think. It is only my humble opinion.

I agree with you ShellCool. I too prefer the Gareth we know and love. The picture might grab attention for a while, but I'm sure the music will speak for itself. I don't want to hear people saying Gareth had to flaunt his body to achieve success again, because it's not true. Gareth's music and voice will always be the best thing about him for me and I'm sure many others. But I'm sure there will be a few people who will get much pleasure in saying this.

This is my humble opinion too. :unsure:

Hi Shellcool. I haven't seen you posting before, but I agree with all you have said. The photos are lovely, the young will I'm sure "go daft for them" but it's the music at the end of the day that counts. So if the photos encourage a whole lot of new fans they will have done their job. Hope you keep posting. :D

Shellcool! How lovely to see you! :)

I think Mary's point is a valid one. I hope that people will see the picture on the shelves and perhaps take more notice of him when they hear him with his new music - having a completely different (and perhaps more acceptable to them) picture in their mind from the "17 year old former choirboy" they were too embarassed to approve of in the past.

Agreed - it's a visual statement, and as enjoyable as it is for us - it's no more and no less than that. I have no doubt that Gareth's music will stand up in its own rights, because if Gareth or his team felt that he was about image or the frivolous aspects of celebrity, then he'd have been doing all those things in the absence of any music to promote.

The nature of the business means that there will be photo-shoots and some sexy posters in glossy magazines to endure when he is back promoting, but there will be fantastic music as well.

As much as I love all these beautiful photos, I don't want Gareth's return to be focused on his image, but I think that will be the case one way or another. For many, if they don't see for themselves some striking, memorable photos of Gareth looking all grown-up and manly, they will instead assume he's still a little kid and visualise him like that, and judge his new music in that light.

A very strong, different image to what they've been imagining is a trigger for people to be receptive to his music being different to what they expect.

Agreed - it's a visual statement, and as enjoyable as it is for us - it's no more and no less than that.  I have no doubt that Gareth's music will stand up in its own rights, because if Gareth or his team felt that he was about image or the frivolous aspects of celebrity, then he'd have been doing all those things in the absence of any music to promote.

The nature of the business means that there will be photo-shoots and some sexy posters in glossy magazines to endure when he is back promoting, but there will be fantastic music as well. 

As much as I love all these beautiful photos, I don't want Gareth's return to be focused on his image, but I think that will be the case one way or another.  For many, if they don't see for themselves some striking, memorable photos of Gareth looking all grown-up and manly, they will instead assume he's still a little kid and visualise him like that, and judge his new music in that light.

A very strong, different image to what they've been imagining is a trigger for people to be receptive to his music being different to what they expect.

I agree with all you say snowdrop i for one am loving all these pictures of a more grown up Gareth to reflect his new sound

i found a good post the other day on another site which sums up what people are thinking now they can see the new look

i was gonna say the other day i find him wierdly attractive

now this 

but he is like universally cute/hot now so it's ok to like him

the boy has grown up and very nicely too in my oppinion :wub:

Bring on the new music next year Gareth i for one cant wait :D