New Photo from ggates

Val4Gareth

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Doris, A woman after my own heart. I have just spent 30 minutes on Sugarbox's site, watching Gareth giving interviews and singing. How I enjoyed it. Yes, he was looking younger, but still lovely. Please post Doris, you have a lot of worthwhile things to say, we all need to express ourselves and although we may differ at times I firmly believe we all have Gareth's best interests at heart. So different from Simon Cowell who suckered us all in at the start of Pop Idol with his support for Gareth. He now says he wont do a third series of X Factor as the public are getting a bit tired of him. (Took him a while to realise). But, he's made his millions on the backs of all he put forward. Gareth being no exception. Again thanks Doris. This is just for you.

1.gif

If we are honest any really serious music artist wouldn't have a calendar at all. Even the 'natural' photos are posed.

But it's clever really. What's it designed to do? Get people noticing, thinking, discussing....... It's already achieved that and we've only glimpsed the cover.

I'm afraid the new target audience is not the converted, or dare I say it, the mums or the middle-aged . I've never bought myself a calendar before, but now I'm thinking I may well this time round, for a dare, just to be provocative and embarass my son even more than I do now.

And, yes the warning signals were there - all those months down the gym.

But I like the scruffy look, more than the formal (black suit for a special treat of course).

However, the future music quality is important to me. I don't want him singing just anything..... that's not what this long wait has been all about.

The calendar is a bit of frivolity. There's room for both. :D

I agree with what you said, Doris. :D

I personally absolutely love the calendar pic. :wub::wub::wub:

:P

If we are honest any really serious music artist wouldn't have a calendar at all. Even the 'natural' photos are posed.

But who in their right minds would want a Coldplay calendar?. :P

However, the future music quality is important to me. I don't want him singing just anything..... that's not what this long wait has been all about.

The calendar is a bit of frivolity.  There's room for both. :D

agree completely. The calendar is fun, it raises a bit of awareness and hsa the added bonus of hiding nasty stains on the wall :P but next time, it does have to be about the music first and foremost. The looking good is an added bonus.

But who in their right minds would want a Coldplay calendar?.  :P

That hasn't stopped them from doing one. :unsure:

There is a U2 one too, which will at least be more interesting, as for all their credibility and attention to the musical side of things, U2 have never been a band who have been scared to put on a show or put effort into the visual side of things as well. :)

My final word on this subject (I Hope). I have bought the previous Gareth Calanders, in fact I give them to my friends and daughter at Christmas. This one will be bought, hung up, not written on, and preserved with the rest. Who knows they might become collectors items in the future when Gareth is a HUGE name in the music industry, and I can leave them to the National Trust. :wub:

Firstly THANKYOU for posting these lovely pictures on here because I couldn't get on ggates. This post started with them and somehow went to Gareth not wanting to be promoted as a Gorgeous Hunk but as a talented artist, I think that his new image will make people sit up and notice him and then realise that this man does have tremendous talent he's not just a the angelic boy from Pop Idol. Alot of artists today are all image and NO talent, Gareth on the other hand has both. So much has been said onthis subject I'll leave it there.

Hehe, my mum and dad are members of the National trust so woo! :P

Oh and btw, went back to school today and a lot of my friends who are not Gareth fans actually liked or even loved the calendar pic (cause I made sure they saw it). :D

Hehe, it's fine, Maria. :P

I knew there reaction would be positive and it was! ;)

Hehe, thanks Maggie. :D

Rembrandt would have been proud to have painted that!

I'd be in my element if I was asked to paint Gareth... :P

• 3 weeks later...