secret gig

Floz

even though the email that was sent round by 19 was blank (!) where the text should go - SBG managed to work out what was said - and its very exciting indeed.

Hi Everyone

I know that you’ve all been waiting patiently for news on my next release and you now know that my music isn’t too far away, which is great news for us all!

Well, I now have some more exciting news which I want to share with you.

On Wednesday 29 November I will be performing some tracks from my new album to a small number of friends and family at a secret and intimate venue in London.

Whilst the venue doesn’t hold many people, I would like to invite 80 of you to come along as my guests.

So, exclusively to those who have registered on this new holding page, I am giving away 40 pairs of tickets!

You will be the first people to hear tracks from my new album and the gig will be filmed for the TV documentary so it should be a lot of fun!

So please email GarethTickets@19.co.uk and send your name, age, address, and daytime contact telephone number and the first 40 people to reply will win the tickets.

All replies must be done before 5pm on Friday 24 November.

All winners will be notified by Monday 27 November with details for the night.

Please note that you will have to make your own way to and from the venue.

Also anyone who wins the tickets will have to be over 14 and any under 18's need to be accompanied by an adult.

EVERYONE ATTENDING WILL NEED TO BRING PHOTO ID WITH THEM. (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THE PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY CLICKING HERE AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ENTERING). I’m really looking forward to seeing you there.

As ever thanks for your support, I really do appreciate it.

Love Gareth x

http://www.garethgates.com/GarethNews.html

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goodness! How amazing! Thanks SO much for letting us know - only wish I could go. And that 19 had emailed me about it :no: I signed up on the new site, but nothing. Ah well. I hope SO much that lots of people manage to get along to it off here and the official site and just can't wait to hear all the reports.

Have fun everyone! :D

Argh I really hope I'll get the tickets - never had the chance to see Gareth perform cos I lived in Hong Kong.

Now, if I could see him perform, for the first time, just two months after coming to London...I'll be in heaven!!

I applied for tickets kinda late though, so better not to expect anything...

Edit to add: I've found out that it's just for UK residents. Can shut up now. :(

Edit again to add: Hmm do you call someone who has a British passport and a 3-year residence permit a UK resident?

Argh I really hope I'll get the tickets - never had the chance to see Gareth perform cos I lived in Hong Kong.

Now, if I could see him perform, for the first time, just two months after coming to London...I'll be in heaven!!

I applied for tickets kinda late though, so better not to expect anything...

Edit to add: I've found out that it's just for UK residents. Can shut up now. :(

Edit again to add: Hmm do you call someone who has a British passport and a 3-year residence permit a UK resident?

For the sake of something like this, I am sure it will be fine. A british passport will be your ID. Good luck :D

I've found out that it's just for UK residents. Can shut up now. :(

all you need to do is give your current address surely, give it a try. :D

I got the e-mail but with only a pic and no writing on it. Have sent my reply and keep my fingers crossed too. :frantics:

I just dont understand he is talking given 40 tickets away, but what about the other 40 people? He does say he wants 80 of us to be there?

and the gig will be filmed for the TV documentary so it should be a lot of fun!

I have been so excited that I did not even read everything, but for people who cant got (which weill be most of us) it will be shown in the program, hurray :frantics:

I have entered and keep everything crossed too. :D

If you are currently living in the UK you are a UK resident. It doesn't have anything to do with what passport you have or citizenship. Just tell them your current address and if that is within the UK - you are eligible. :frantics:

For some reason, my first email worked, and I've now been sent a second one!!

It says

So please email GarethTickets@19.co.uk and send your name, age, address, and daytime contact telephone number and the first 40 people picked out at random will win the tickets.

All replies must be done before 5pm on Friday 24 November. All winners will be notified by Monday 27 November with details for the night.

So it's not the first forty people to apply, but you must get your entry in by 5pm tomorrow (Friday) to be eligible.

Good luck everyone! :wub: :frantics: :w00t: :drool:

There was a discrepancy between the emails and the Terms and Conditions - one said the first forty to apply, the other said the first forty to be drawn at random - hence the second email. I've now received both so yay - and phew. Glad I'm actually on the system. :D

I think they must have always intended the latter, but wrote it sloppily. I mean, it would be totally unfair to say the first 40 people, because so many people would have been at work or uni or school etc. On top of that, the emails will not have gone out to everyone at exactly the same time. Depending on the size of the mailing list it can take a few hours to get emails out to everyone, and it would be more than a bit rubbish if all forty places had been taken before you even got your email. With or without the text. :tongue:

I got 2 emails, one was blank, and the other one was with the message. I have applied. I have never seen Gareth close up, and I live in hope! I know chances are slim, but good luck to all of us I say. Even if I don't go, if one of you guys do, then I know you will share the experience with the rest of us. :wub:

I am already looking forward to the reports from people who are the lucky winners. :D

Especially when they can tell us at last about Gareth new music and what it sounds like. :D

That's how I feel Khelda. I'd love to go, but if I can't then I'll get almost as much pleasure from hearing all about it and knowing what the music is like :wub:

i was really excited upon heasring the news about the secret gig.

thanks to yvonne who texted me earlier on. unfortunately i was at work so i only emailed them just now. i hope that i will be lucky to get tickets.....

i have my videocam ready :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: