Other Sites reporting on Gareth's interview and showcase

Yorksheather

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GarethsHotChick

WOW What a GORGEOUS picture, I :wub: the outfit again that Gareth is wearing. He always looks ABSOLUTELY PERFECT when he has his picture taken and he's SO photogenic. :D

Thanks For Posting That LOOOSHH Picture Up :) xX

There's a lovely bit on sky news online. There's a picture of Gareth leaving last night and it says it seemed to go well. There is a link to 14 other pictures of Gareth from earlier times. Can someone bring it over?'Fraid I don't know how.

Ther's a small comment i tonights LITE. It is a free paper given out at London stations. I think it is part of the Evening Standard

Pop Idol runner up Gareth Gates is back and boy is he hot. At the Pigalle in Piccadilly last night Gaz 22 did a live set. It's clear he is the real heir to Robbie- at one point he said he was surprised no knickers were thrown at him There's still time.

Ther's a small comment i tonights LITE. It is a free paper given out at London stations. I think it is part of the Evening Standard

Pop Idol runner up Gareth Gates is back and boy is he hot. At the Pigalle in Piccadilly last night Gaz 22 did a live set. It's clear he is the real heir to Robbie- at one point he said he was surprised no knickers were thrown at him There's still time.

I like this report :smile: thanks for posting.

Channel 4 news .

http://www.channel4.com/news/content/news-...jsp?id=12435465

Gates set for chart comeback?

Last Modified: 22 Feb 2007

Source: ITN

Former Pop Idol star Gareth Gates is set to make a comeback after a few years away from the charts.

Gareth, who has been getting help with his speech impediment, is due to release a new album having signed to the Universal record label.

The singer has spent the last few months writing and recording songs in the studio with a band.

He said: "What happened with my first two albums is that I arrived at the studio, walked into the booth, was told what to sing and left an hour later.

"That was the only input on the records I made. But with this one I've had the freedom to be able to play guitar and piano on it. It's much more about me.

Gareth, who lost out to Will Young on Pop Idol in 2002, released two albums but was dropped by BMG records in April 2006 when sales took a turn for the worse.

He added: "I was gutted when I was dropped. But I'm not bitter...One of the things that irritates me is artists who complain saying their life is terrible.

"It's funny how life turns out. It's worked for the best really because I have signed to Universal."

© Independent Television News Limited 2007. All rights reserved.

Thursday 22 February 2007

Susie Harding gets up close and personal with all the stars...and Gareth Gates is a hit

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/Ce...cle_108930.html

Thursday 22 February 2007

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES

So was Gareth's gig more painful than a Brazilian bikini wax? Well, after being made to queue outside the Pigalle club in the rain for five minutes I almost didn't hang around to find out.

I understand names need to be checked off the list but is it really necessary to hold us behind a barrier? It may make you feel terribly important, Mr Door Oaf, but I think it's safe to say no random members of the public were likely to storm a Gareth Gates showcase they didn't know was happening.

Aaanyway, once inside I was surprised to find there was a huge turnout. In case you don't know, a showcase is basically when an artist performs a short selection of new material (live) for the media in order to generate some buzz about forthcoming singles and get a few reviews in the bag.

Gareth is a sweet bloke. He was runner-up to Will Young in the first series of Pop Idol and after his public battle with a stammer, the hideous Jordan fiasco (she kissed and told, he ill-advisedly denied it, she had proof, he looked an idiot) and the fact that he was more or less eaten up and spat out by record company BMG, I was intrigued to find out what he's been up to.

His first single - released 9 April - is called Changes. No, not the ch-ch-ch-changes version, although clearly that would have been hilarious. This one is all his own work.

It's not my kind of music and I won't pretend otherwise but he may well do a Jason Donovan and have enough of a fan base to carry him through. New Kid In Town is the only song on the album Gareth didn't write and he cheekily told us, 'I think you'll find it's not as good as the rest.' Oh dear. It was actually the one I liked best.

The most amazing thing is that he no longer stutters. Honestly. I wouldn't like to stand up in front of a cynical bunch of press and sing but his performance was faultless and he even managed a gag saying he was 'a bit disappointed nobody had chucked any knickers at him'. Ok, time stood still and tumbleweed rolled around the room but bless the boy for trying.

Sorting out his speech has proved him to be witty, articulate and very likeable. And crucially, he is now able to give interviews. Expect to see him on a TV sofa near you any time soon…

Wednesday 21

Thank you to everyone who posted these links up to the articles about Gareth. Most of it is very positive, but like you all, I wanted them all to lkie his new music. I'm sure people will intime, because it's quite a change(No pun intended) to get used to. He really is back in the news now, and it's wonderful. However, i do wish they would let the Jordan thing go, when will it be laid to rest? It's over five years, and they both have soeone else now. I think he was very loyal to her considering she sold the story and gave such embarrassing details of their relationship. :