Other Sites reporting on Gareth's interview and showcase

Yorksheather

jeans and a shirt would do me :heart:

Anyway, found Joe Motts rather strange blog http://www.dailystar.co.uk/blog/?p=91

The bit referring to the gig and Gareth says ...

Plus I’ve hung out with Gareth Gates.

In reality, that means I chatted to a few PRs I’ve known for years and spoke briefly to Gareth at his comeback showcase.

Honestly, he was pretty good and he’s got a Bradford accent. I didn’t know that before because anyone who stutters sounds exactly the same.

Unless it’s a Chinese sufferer. Something I challenge anyone not to laugh at.

He's clearly (to me anyway) a bit of an ignorant man - but at least he said Gareth was 'pretty good'. Praise indeed. :tongue:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Gareth's style, not dodgy grandad at all, it's good Gareth has had a makeover, I like it , and it is fashionable

Me too. He will blend in nicely with all the other artists out there.

There's no-one more than me likes Gareth in a suit(on a "suit"able occasion) but for now he is looking cool. Well done the stylsits, you are getting the balance just right.

Nice write up from Skynews too, thanks for posting Floz.

Joe Mott seems to change his views very quickly. The other day he said he only liked 19 minutes, which we know is a rock song. Now after the showcase he says Gareth should only sing ballads, not rock. Gareth is great at rock! His outfit was not dodgy. I, too, love him in a suit, but that would be going back to Pop Idol again. He looks great in jeans, and I saw at the first gig, he was wearing a waistcoat. I love that, and I'm sure he will set a trend. I think Joe Mott could be a little jealous of Gareth's obvious attractiveness.

19 min is a mid tempo song, its not rock. I am pleased that Joe said Gareth was good performing, and he liked 19 min , Angel on my shoulder, and he also said Changes could be a big hit. I am happy with that, we cant expect the press to be glowing about Gareth at once, it will take time. And all said Gareth is a great guy, which we know of course, but now the people who met him, do too. :thumbsup:

19 min is a mid tempo song, its not rock. I am pleased that Joe said Gareth was good performing, and he liked 19 min , Angel on my shoulder, and he also said Changes could be a big hit. I am happy with that, we cant expect the press to be glowing about Gareth at once, it will take time. And all said Gareth is a great guy, which we know of course, but now the people who met him, do too. :thumbsup:

Khelda, as you went to the gig please tell me which of the songs were rock. From the clips that I've heard, 19 minutes was definitely not a ballad, if you say mid tempo then which are the rock ones? My other half referred to it as soft rock, so I am interested to know.

What she, and a few others, have failed to realise that it wasn't just that Gareth couldn't stick up for himself to record company bosses re his material, he couldn't stick up for himself to the media who consistently got it wrong about Gareth only releasing cheesy covers. The fact she, and many others, still think that's all he did, demonstrates the utter failing in his marketing.

But I don't suppose there is much point in trying to argue that point. The important thing is that people recognise what he is doing now. It would be nice, as promotion progresses, if he could right a few wrongs said of him in the past, but in the meantime, having the goodwill of people like Lorraine behind him helps. :thumbsup:

I don't like this article at all I'm sick of reading the same thing ,who do these journalists think they are ,I can't believe they are still critisizing him for something that happened 5 years ago when he was 17.If the gender roll was reversed here it would be a completely different story.

In most of the articles printed this last few days we are having to find the positive bits amongst all the regurgitated rubbish,that the press are obsessed with.

They all know he was used and dictated to by SC, I hope when promotion gets started properly they let the past drop and let Gareth get on with his future.

It seems to me you have to be an openly foul mouthed,druggie,to get the press on your side these days.

Dorisxx

Another not so brilliant article but at least we will(hopefully) get the opportunity of seeing Gareth on her couch, and then he can tell it as it really was/is.

Edits to say thanks for posting the actual article.

I'm not overly impressed with Lorraine's article. When Gareth used to be on GMTV I thought she was very fond of him, and he sang WMHWTS and Sunshine on her prog. Since when were they covers? In her column the other week she referred to Jordan as "on her way to becoming our National Treasure", which I thought was very funny. But Jordan is on GMTV a lot now, and they all seem to like her, so perhaps if you get past the fact that she has a big mouth, maybe she is ok. Gareth said she was when you get to know her. What I'm trying to say is that although it's nothing to do with anyone else, Lorraine appears to have taken her side, hence the remark that Gareth should apologise. He has already said in one of the interviews that he hopes he bumps into her one day, and then he will. It makes you laugh really. I still can't like Jordan, and no-one has ever sggested that she apologises to the many people she insults.!

I,'too, wish that the Press would let this go, it's crazy to keep on about a mistake that a 17year old boy made. I do hope they give it a rest soon, and i must say that as much as i like Lorraine, this article of hers when she hasn't got the facts right, is very disappointing. :unsure:

I have to agree with that - I expected Lorraine's article to be really glowing, and I felt a bit let down having read it. But then I worry that with all these surprisingly positive reviews and articles we're getting a bit blaze and are expecting everyone's views to be nothing but positive?

It takes two to tango and why is it that Gareth gets all the blame? She knew she was pregnant, she was an older woman and she chased him. She admits that herself. I don't really think the general public are so obsessed with this topic as the media and they won't let it drop. As Gareth said in his documentary let it be put to rest. Why is it they keep harping on and on and on about the same whole thing We all know about it, the press know all about it, Jordan knows about it, Gareth knows about it. Please let it drop. It is all ancient history now. As I said before, that was then, this is now. Let it be put to rest. All that happened is that two people slept together, one sold her story and the other denied it. Big Deal. The first man in the histyory of the world to sleep with a woman and lie about it! Just as well Gareth wasn't sleeping with a man. The media would have had a field day with that one!

P.S. The poor kid would have been hounded to death.

I think it's worth remembering that Jordan's job pretty much is to be in the papers, and as she doesn't actually have any proper skill, she has to rely on her main talent, which is grabbing headlines, which she is very good at. The newspapers love that, as it makes their job easier, and she knows exactly how to work it. She charms the people she needs to charm, and is nice to those who will help her get what she wants. She has also admitted to being able to throw her weight around to get what she wants, and threatened various publications with refusing to work with them unless they did what she wanted. She has the editors wrapped around her little finger, and so long as that is the case, she will get away with murder, and anyone who crosses her will pay the price.

Gareth could try to argue his case, but it's probably easier and safer for him to not bother and hope that if he says sorry (again), she'll have no excuse to keep slagging him off or for arguing back. It also saves him having to go into things again and again to justify his actions - even though I'm sure he could if he wanted to. Then again, I don't think Victoria Beckham has said anything about her for years, but that doesn't stop Jordan from having a headline grabbing bitch every few months. :unsure:

But as for this national treasure thing - it depends if you believe what you read in the magazines to be representative of what the public thinks, but just a few months ago most people might have thought Jade Goody was one, but now she's shown her true colours, most people are claiming they never liked her that much in the first place. The truth is, people like that are very handy for filling the tabloids and down-market magazines with cheap filler, so those tabloids and magazines will want to keep them on side.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I had a look through the thread but I couldn't see it. Its from AOL Entertainment

http://entertainment.aol.co.uk/bigstoryent...222061809990001

Gareth's back with Changes

Singer Gareth Gates is launching a comeback bid

Related stories:

Gareth's back with Changes

Profile: Gareth Gates

Talent show stars

Are talent shows worth the time?

Pop Idol runner-up Gareth Gates is back - with a brand new single and album due to hit the shops in the coming months.

The spiky-haired singer performed a showcase of his new material at London's Pigalle Club last night, to an audience of journalists and music industry bigwigs.

It's one of the first times the 22-year-old has performed since he was dumped by his record label BMG when his Pop Idol success tailed off - he's one of the better known talent show casualties.

But with a new look and having conquered his famous stutter, Gareth's feeling positive about having another crack at the charts.

"My expectations are realistic," said the singer, whose new album is called Pictures Of The Other Side.

"I know some people might just hear my name and throw my CD out of the nearest window, but I also know that this is a strong album I'm completely proud of.

"I am anticipating a lot of preconceptions about me from the public, and I just hope this album manages to establish me as a more credible artist in people's minds, not just someone who was a five minute wonder."

As Gareth, whose single Changes hit the shops on April 9, prepares for his comeback bid, we take a look at some other reality show singers and the new brand of fame created by talent shows.

I think it's worth remembering that Jordan's job pretty much is to be in the papers, and as she doesn't actually have any proper skill, she has to rely on her main talent, which is grabbing headlines, which she is very good at. The newspapers love that, as it makes their job easier, and she knows exactly how to work it. She charms the people she needs to charm, and is nice to those who will help her get what she wants. She has also admitted to being able to throw her weight around to get what she wants, and threatened various publications with refusing to work with them unless they did what she wanted. She has the editors wrapped around her little finger, and so long as that is the case, she will get away with murder, and anyone who crosses her will pay the price.

Gareth could try to argue his case, but it's probably easier and safer for him to not bother and hope that if he says sorry (again), she'll have no excuse to keep slagging him off or for arguing back. It also saves him having to go into things again and again to justify his actions - even though I'm sure he could if he wanted to. Then again, I don't think Victoria Beckham has said anything about her for years, but that doesn't stop Jordan from having a headline grabbing bitch every few months. :unsure:

But as for this national treasure thing - it depends if you believe what you read in the magazines to be representative of what the public thinks, but just a few months ago most people might have thought Jade Goody was one, but now she's shown her true colours, most people are claiming they never liked her that much in the first place. The truth is, people like that are very handy for filling the tabloids and down-market magazines with cheap filler, so those tabloids and magazines will want to keep them on side.

Snowdrop, I just wanted you to know that in no way do I think that Jordan is a National Treasure! That is Lorraine's words. The only sort of treasure she is, is one you bury! I wish we could. I did wonder why she seemed to have so much power. Do hope it doesn't stop Gareth from doing well . We are all sick of hearing about the Jordan thing , but I bet she's loving the attention again. Gareth is doing the right thing by being nice about her. We all know that hell hath no fury! Hope it all stops soon, it should be about the music! :heart: