Pictures of the Other Side reviews

Snowdrop

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a brilliant album, I love the music in all the songs, love the instrumentation.

At the moment I have some favourates (which might change over time lol)

New kid in town is a great upbeat and very catchy tune.

Lost in you wants to make you rock, lol

19 Min is a great midtempo song, love the lyrics

Cant believe its over starts slow and builds up at end to a great rocky finish.

Angel on my shoulder is a great track and deserved to do so much better.

Its funny how your favourates change from having heard only snippets to the full song, like I thought I would love Electric best and I was not that keen on New kid in town, but I changed my mind on that one. lol

Gareth you did a great album, and I see on the credits he played the piano on all the tracks, and guitar on lots of them. :thumbsup:

Guest pepper
I think this is a brilliant album, I love the music in all the songs, love the instrumentation.

At the moment I have some favourates (which might change over time lol)

New kid in town is a great upbeat and very catchy tune.

Lost in you wants to make you rock, lol

19 Min is a great midtempo song, love the lyrics

Cant believe its over starts slow and builds up at end to a great rocky finish.

Angel on my shoulder is a great track and deserved to do so much better.

Its funny how your favourates change from having heard only snippets to the full song, like I thought I would love Electric best and I was not that keen on New kid in town, but I changed my mind on that one. lol

Gareth you did a great album, and I see on the credits he played the piano on all the tracks, and guitar on lots of them. :thumbsup:

I love it i Love Changes all of them ................... got it from Asda £7.97

Right, I've listened to the album all the way through once, and on first listen my fave is Pictures of the Other Side and I hope this is the next single.

I must be the only person not that keen on Lost in You, but that may change the more I listen to it.

I think 19 Minutes is brilliant, really, really moving.

I didn't think I'd like New Kid In Town, but it's actually very catchy - really like it.

Can't Believe it's over - I've always loved, right from when we heard the snippet of it on the documentary at Christmas - nothing's changed my mind. :) It reminds me of Coldplay, the bit where it repeats 'look up to the stars'.

Not sure about Afterglow yet, but I think that could be a grower.

Angel on my Shoulder sounds better on the album, I think. Maybe it's because it's surrounded by other songs, but it's definitely had more of an effect on me as an album track.

Electric's good, not sure what to make of the lyrics, though! :D

Talking Minds is a great ending to a great album. :)

Number of (imo) brilliant tracks:

8/10

Score out of 10: 8/10

:)

um not sure about new albulm ,probaly going to get lynched ,but i prefer angel on my shoulder ,and changes,wasnt keen on rockier sounds ,im probaly biased but actually prefer gareth single ballards, saying that im hoping gareth does well with the albulm ,sorry for sounding negative ,am abig fan of gareths

pictures on the other side a amazing album all songs are brillent and each song has its own personal meaning it is absouloute brillent album esspicially 19 minutes cant wait to see him live singing the amazing songs in person i feel with this album he is really interacting with his fans and to see in the credits that he done so much really makes him my hero

love the album already have two copies

thanx emma

um not sure about new albulm ,probaly going to get lynched ,but i prefer angel on my shoulder ,and changes,wasnt keen on rockier sounds ,im probaly biased but actually prefer gareth single ballards, saying that im hoping gareth does well with the albulm ,sorry for sounding negative ,am abig fan of gareths

Gareth fans don't do lynching!!

Different shared opinions is what goes to making an interesting fanbase.

Since Gareth's time away music has changed and for me the upbeat stuff on the album fits in better with today's music, however I am loving the slower songs too.

Reveiwing is not my forte at all but I have just sat and listened undisturbed (sheer bliss) to the whole album. Still loving 'Lost in You' best with surprisingly 'Can't Believe It's Over' second and just loving Gareth's voice on' Talking Minds' third.

Loving all the tracks and definitely worth the wait.

Guest GarethsHotChick

I ABSOLUTELY :heart: Gareth's new album, I downloaded it this morning and can't stop listening to it. My favourite tracks so far are.

Lost In You

Pictures Of The Other Side

Afterglow

New Kid In Town

Electric

Although I :heart: every song, But they are my favourites. It could all change soon lol. :smile:

Overall just very happy we've finally got this album - it's been a hell of a long time! There are some tracks I absolutely love, and a few that are going to grow on me I think.

New Kid in Town's my favourite, just love that thing he does when he sings 'healing', lol. Also like Pictures of the Other Side, and the rocky bits of Lost In You. Electric's good too, especially like the crowd clapping in the background when it finishes!

Have to say I'm not overly keen on Talking Minds, it gets too repetitive towards the end and just sounds a bit like he ran out of ideas after a while! Afterglow is a bit repetitious too. :unsure: (Am liking the 'it goes roooound' bits though, lol!)

I love 19 minutes and Lost in You. Also Pictures of the Other Side, and of course Changes but mainly AOMS. He is not getting he airplay tho and needs to appeal to new fans and is seen as uncool. I confess I don't know how to change this, altho every programme I have seen him on on tv he comes across really well

Have just listened to Gareth's album, and I was totally mesmerised by it. He has put so much effort and work into it, his voice is wonderful, and the songs are ace and diverse. The only one that didn't hit me straight away is Afterglow, but I think, like Changes, it will be a grower. I think my favourite at the moment is 19 minutes, but really it's so hard to choose. They are all great songs, the rocky ones are so catchy, and Can't believe it's over is also very good. This album is excellent, and if it doesn't do well, then there is no justice in the music world these days!

Love it. Love it, love it, love it :D :heart:

Angel on my Shoulder sounds better on the album, I think. Maybe it's because it's surrounded by other songs, but it's definitely had more of an effect on me as an album track.

I agree - same for Changes. Neither of them were what I was looking for from Gareth's comeback music, but in the context of the whole album I think they're fab.

Can't pick out a favourite at the moment - probably Lost in You, but as with most of Gaz's music, my favourite tends to be the one I'm listening to at the moment which means that right now it's ... Electric :D Fab.

His voice is just amazing - the tracks are so diverse and he handles them all with ease. Guy's a genius.

Oh and Drive is probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. I keep having to skip it or I start crying. :mellow:

The album is absolutely amazing, cant stop listening to it. My favourite track is Lost In You but from the very first time we heard a clip I knew it would be, its just great, its amazing live and acoustic also, he should definitely consider releasing it!

I also love POTOS its just really different but I love it!

Electric is immense I love it, its so catchy!

I just love every song theres not one on there I cant keep listening too!

Of course both the singles were great but I wont include them as theyve been singles!

having listened to album again more time today. have changed my mind cant get 19 minutes outta of my head.and new kid in town, going to have agareth day on saturday ,getting all 3 albums out and play them all , going to drive neighbours up the wall lol

having listened to album again more time today. have changed my mind cant get 19 minutes outta of my head.and new kid in town, going to have agareth day on saturday ,getting all 3 albums out and play them all , going to drive neighbours up the wall lol

lol. I've been doing that quite a bit over the last few days. Luckily, my neighbour is my sister so she knows to expect it! :laugh:

lol. I've been doing that quite a bit over the last few days. Luckily, my neighbour is my sister so she knows to expect it! :laugh:

I think the album is blooming marvellous and deserves to be a BIG HIT. Gareth I love you and you are rtight to be proud of your work.

My favourites are Potos of the Other Side, New Kid in Town and Electric.

Love it.

Lilian

P.S. I haven't seen many reviews of it but they have all been good.

Sorry folks. I've been trying for two days to decide which are my favourite tracks, but I just cannot pick any of them as better than any other. This album is just so outstanding. Every single track deserves to be acclaimed the best track on there.

The whole thing is a masterpiece and I absolutely love it :heart:

Sorry folks. I've been trying for two days to decide which are my favourite tracks, but I just cannot pick any of them as better than any other. This album is just so outstanding. Every single track deserves to be acclaimed the best track on there.

The whole thing is a masterpiece and I absolutely love it :heart:

Yes I am to. The only one that I might say is favorite is POTOS, but thats at a very pinch.

Has anyone posted their reviews on other websites, or on amazon?

Here's my thoughts - for today only, lol. :frantics:

My favourites are Pictures of the Other Side, Lost in You, New Kid in Town, Angel on my Shoulder and Talking Minds. New Kid in Town really worked when I saw it live at Hyde Park. Fabulous. :heart:

Another song that worked very well live was Afterglow, which I wasn't too sure about on previews. It's growing on me very quickly with each listen, and could soon be a favourite, lol.

When we first got the album version of Changes to download, I said I thought it was much better, but I'm guilty of skipping it on most listens, but mainly because I'm eager to hear the new stuff. I tend to skip the singles I am familiar with when it's a new album - and being at the start makes it easy. :tongue:

I don't think 19 Minutes is in the right place in the album. When it starts after Lost in You, it feels like such a drop in energy, that I'm not ready for it, but listening to it in its own right, in full, it works. I liked it live too!

I've been away so have only just got to listen to the album (on listen number 3 now and I've only been home a few hours!) . Its a stonker. I think Changes works so well as the start to the album, though I was never convinced of it as a single. Loving Lost in You (a bit Kelly Clarkson) and Electric the best at the moment.

I also have to add that on hearing the full and clearer (ie non radio rip) version of Drive just makes me melt. What a voice.

Haven't got time to post a full review at present, but at the moment I'm impressed with Can't Believe it's Over - which seems to be the most successful blend of Gareth past and present. I love it that you can hear the full quality of Gareth's voice on this track but it also has the interest of the instrumental interlude followed by the recap of the start which lends itself to the perfect close.

Bit disappointed with 19 Minutes. When I heard the snippet of this on the documentary I thought it was amazing but on the album I think that it would have been better just piano and Gareth at the start not the percussion bits - again so you can hear the quality of the voice to full effect. I love the stillness of CBIO and wish this could have been transferred to 19 mins.

My favourite upbeat track is LIY especially the chorus which is really inspirational. I also love the laid back feel to Electric.

Not sure about Afterglow. Changes is superb on the album. Great start. Will post more later.