Manchester signing and singing

Snowdrop

Maggiemags has been keeping me up to date with texts, and letting me listen in to some of the singing. :wub:

Gareth sang AOMS, Can't Believe It's Over and Pictures of the Otherside. I think I heard him say he still had a cold, bless. I couldn't hear that well, but he got an "aww" from the audience, lol. Maggie says he was amazing, and there are loads of people queuing for the signing, and she's still there, waiting patiently! :frantics:

I just got back from the signing at the Trafford Centre. I was first in the qeueu (sp?) yey! I didn't watch him perform on stage because I have a disability which means it knackers me otu going up and down stairs and because of the mad rush, it'd have probably made me faint lol. So I just waited outside HMV, but it was OK coz I was first. There were 5 of us for a while before the rest joined us. But then this lad joined the queue and pushed in front of us all! So we all told security and got back in front of him! :D

Then we had to wait in a line inside whilst they had those in wheelchairs etc have theirs signed. But then we finally got to meet him. He looked absolutely amazing in red! WOW. The security guard guy told us that they werent taking pictures of anyone WITH Gareth, but you could take them OF him. They ddn't stick though, and Gareth let us have our pics with him, bless.

He was absolutely gorgeous and so lovely. Now I have the picture on my computer!!! :D :D :D

EDIT: Was it OK to post this in here snowdrop? Or should I have started a new thread?

Thanks for your report Sentimental. I'm so glad you got your picture with Gareth. Will you post it up for us to see :smile:

Forgot to say thankyou to Maggie and Snowdrop too. Glad to hear there were so many people there for Gareth.

Hope he's feeling better soon :heart:

Thanks for posting your report and lovely pic Sentimental :smile:

Went to the Trafford centre today. Gareth's singing was perfect, even though he said his throat was sore. Just read his blog where he said he'd been drinking honey and lemon - but he forgot to add that he'd been having whisky too - that's what he said today.He also said the album was doing quite well and seemed pleased.

I had my album signed and met Gareth for the first time. We were next to the last and it was about an hour after he started signing so that would be quite a lot of albums sold today. He was lovely and kept smiling to the end though I'm sure he must be feeling exhausted as he's not well.

We were next to the last and it was about an hour after he started signing

You can't have been far behind us jenjo - VickyGates and I were the first of the last batch to go through (if you see what I mean) - would have loved to have met you :)

Gaz was tremendous this evening. He may have been ill and he said his throat wrecked, but his voice was amazing - he sounded fantastic. He was lovely at the signing too - as always giving the same amount of time and attention to the people at the back of the queue as he did to those at the beginning.

Lovely to see so many people there for him - it looked like a small number because of the layout of the venue, but actually there were loads - over a hundred were waiting for over an hour. And LOADS of people there having dinner (it's situated in a mahoosive Food Court - bizarre) who, I'm sure, will have been more than a little impressed by his performance :D

Pete's building up quite a little fanbase all of his own and seemed quite touched by the response he got :)

Y'know what did baffle me though, is that they didn't have ANYTHING advertising it outside of HMV? Like normally you get posters in the windows or womthing but there was nothing there. When we first got there this morning, we sent my Dad over to check with the guy that worked there that is was definetly there today because it wasn't advertised, which i found quite daft. Still seemed like a pretty impressive turn out though.

Y'know what did baffle me though, is that they didn't have ANYTHING advertising it outside of HMV?

Rubbish, wasn't it? An A3 poster behind each till (ie two ... yes two posters in the whole store) - big whoop.

I expected them to be talking about it on the video screen in the venue, but nope, nada, nothing, nichts, rien. Hopeless.

Rubbish, wasn't it? An A3 poster behind each till (ie two ... yes two posters in the whole store) - big whoop.

I expected them to be talking about it on the video screen in the venue, but nope, nada, nothing, nichts, rien. Hopeless.

I know, it was rather disappointing. They also had and easel (sp?) outside which I though that, just for today, they'd have had it writte on but NO they have to advertise some playstation game or other, that will more than likely still be in the shop Tomorrow!! :unsure:

But Luckily, I think there was still plenty there. :hyper:

Wow! I've finally met Gareth. Took my daughter to the Trafford Centre yesterday and on the way she said that she was "coming along for the ride". Although she likes Gareth's music (she has been to his two tours with me and is subjected to his albums whenever she is in the car), she isn't really a fan by choice. Anyway she was completely bowled over by him and keeps saying how nice he is and how natural. She now wants to go to Leeds today to see him again!!

He was absolutely amazing. He sang brilliantly - I have videos of the three songs and tried to upload one of them to YouTube (the others are too big) but it doesn't seem to have worked (I've never done it before), so I'll try again later. He was lovely at the signing and looks great on the photos we had taken with him, even though we must have been two-thirds of the way down the queue and he must have been getting tired. One of the assistants in HMV said that there had been about 200 people at the signing.

We went out to the car park just after Gareth left HMV and saw him going to his van after speaking to some other fans. As he was driven away, he opened a window and waved - my daughter actually got one of his hands on a photo!

He really is as lovely in person as everyone says he is - not that I doubted it. My daughter came away from meeting him saying that her legs had turned to jelly and, when another fan just behind us came away in tears (she was so emotional at her first meeting with him), I could feel my eyes welling up - and here's me old enough to be his mother, in fact I'm older than Wendy!

Now what/who shall I dream about tonight?

Linda

Great reports Maggie, and Linda is quite amazing when you meet Gareth for the first time is'n it? So pleased your daughter really likes him now, he ist just so natural charming :wub: and always has time for people, even when having a bad cold.

Thanks for all your reports Maggie, Linda and Jenjo. I really enjoyed reading all of them.

The more I hear about Gareth with his fans and the way he is in general, the more I think what a special nature and character he has :heart:

He must have been really struggling yesterday. I watched the video's SugarboxGirl put on YouTube and even though Gareth sounded as brilliant as he always does, you could see the pain and difficulty he was going through to give that performance yesterday. I hope his throat recovers so he can continue with the performances at the signings. But even though I'm dying to hear him sing on Saturday, I wouldn't want him to carry on if its going to do any damange to his voice.

He was absolutely amazing. I'd never seen him perform in such a small place like that, and he was just fantastic. That voice. Well. I'm speechless. (Yep, Maggie, you read right :tongue:) He came on at 5:03 (according to my camera!) and was just stunning. Loving the clothes, lol. At the signing he was just lovely as well, when I had my photo taken with him I forgot for a moment who he was, and when I realised I was next to Gareth I suddenly got all conscious and started shaking, lol! But he was so lovely. Took over 40 photos (am going to post the best ones, they're all very similar), a couple of short videos on my camera (and one on my phone but can't upload that for some reason) and a full video of the whole performance (a million thanks to Maggiemags for that!) :thumbsup:

OK I've just spent ages uploading and it won't work. :blush: Getting the video onto Youtube and then on here as well as the pics is proving a bit difficult. Can anyone give me a hand? :blush::unsure: