Gareth Flies To Indonesia

Perisa

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really frustrating. I keep Googling articles where he is mentioned lots - but I can't understand a word of them!!

example here

Gareth Gates Akan Tampil di Ancol

Music: Thursday, 2 Dec 2004 9:10:12 WIB

Setelah batal menggelar konser di Indonesia pada April lalu, penyanyi Gareth Gates direncakan akan tampil di Indonesia pada sebuah acara yang digelar oleh MTV.

MTV Indonesia bekerjasama dengan Kondom Fiesta (Yayasan DKT Indonesia) dan UNDP kali ini menyelenggarakan pentas musik berjudul "MTV Staying Alive Music Summit 2004."

Acara yang rencananya akan diselenggarakan di Pantai Carnaval Ancol, Jakarta, Sabtu, 4 Desember 2004 ini, akan dimeriahkan oleh penampilan band-band dan penyanyi papan atas Indonesia. Mereka adalah, Padi, Seurieus, GIGI, Peterpan, Netral, Naif, Audy, Nita Thalia, /Rif, RRT.

Selain mereka, tak ketinggalan, MTV juga menghadirkan Gareth Gates sebagai bintang tamu spesial.

Kedatangannya tersebut menurut Debbie Novillia, Communications Coordinator MTV Indonesia, sebagai bentuk dukungan terhadap acara MTV Staying Alive Music Summit. "Kepastian dia datang sudah 100 persen, karena dia sangat peduli dengan masalah AIDS ini", tutur Debbie pada detikcom, Rabu (1/12/2004).

Acara MTV Staying Alive Music Summit 2004, merupakan acara amal karena hasilnya akan disumbangkan ke Yayasan AIDS Indonesia. Hal itu juga turut mendukung kedatangan Gareth. "Karena acaranya amal untuk AIDS makanya Gareth tertarik untuk datang," tambah Debbie.

Gareth direncanakan akan menyanyikan sekitar 3-4 lagu. "Sampai saat ini belum ada rencana kolaborasi Gareth dengan penyanyi lain yang ada di acara itu," kata Debbie.

Pergelaran musik, tentunya bukan satu-satunya acara yang dijanjikan oleh panitia. Sejak pintu dibuka jam 2 siang, anak nongkrong (sebutan untuk para penonton MTV) dapat menikmati berbagai kegiatan seru yang disediakan. Diantaranya, adanya booth khusus untuk mengetahui hal-hal seputar HIV/AIDS, yang disediakan oleh MTV, UNDP dan Kondom Fiesta. Selain itu juga ada berbagai atraksi seru lain seperti Free style Basket Ball, Capoeira dan Happening Art.

Dipilihnya Ancol sebagai lokasi acara, menurut Debbie karena kapasitas Ancol yang besar. MTV juga menargetkan penonton yang cukup banyak akan hadir di acara ini. "Kami menargetkan 50 ribu lebih penonton akan hadir di Ancol." Untuk pagelaran ini, MTV tidak melakukan penjualan tiket. Untuk mendapatkannya, dapat dilakukan dengan membeli majalah MTV Trax edisi Desember 2004.(tis)

Looks like a major feature but who knows?

What language is it in? I could use a translator...

Jakarta, Disctarra.Com

There's also quite a large article on Gareth and the concert here with a photo under the live concert section.

Unfortunately I can't read it but Gareth is highlighted and I think there's a comment about his interest in AIDS education.

It's a shopping site as well, but I don't suppose there will be a dvd.

Sorry Floz. I think the write up is an extract from your article. The quote by Debbie certainly is the same.

I cant find any indonesian translators..

Only ones that do a word at a time

I've tried that Lindsay - none of the translators I could find bothered with Indonesian. :( Sooooo frustrating.

Theres some word for word ones...

Tried to do 2 bits

Gareth direncanakan akan menyanyikan sekitar 3-4 lagu. \"Sampai saat ini belum ada rencana kolaborasi Gareth dengan penyanyi lain yang ada di acara itu,\" kata Debbie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

acara - agenda, judicial procedure, procedural, program,

ada - abide, am, are, exist, existing, is, there is,

akan - about to, burr, shall, will, would,

belum - not, not yet, unsoiled,

dengan - and, by, by mean of, in by way of, with,

di - at, in, on,

ini - this,

itu - it, that,

kata - word,

kolaborasi - collaboration,

lagu - aria, brogue, melody, song, tune,

lain - else, other,

menyanyikan - sing,

penyanyi - singer,

rencana - blueprint, concept, device, draught, plan,

saat - instant, moment, occasion,

sampai - till, to, until, unto,

sekitar - about, around, vicinity,

yang - that, which,

I think that means he will do 3-4 songs and possibly a collaboration?

Acara MTV Staying Alive Music Summit 2004, merupakan acara amal karena hasilnya akan disumbangkan ke Yayasan AIDS Indonesia. Hal itu juga turut mendukung kedatangan Gareth. \"Karena acaranya amal untuk AIDS makanya Gareth tertarik untuk datang,\" tambah Debbie--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

acara - agenda, judicial procedure, procedural, program,

akan - about to, burr, shall, will, would,

amal - alms, charity, deed, good deed, work,

datang - arrive, come,

hal - case, fact, instance, item, matter, situation,

indonesia - indonesia,

itu - it, that,

juga - also,

karena - because, inasmuch, reason,

ke - to,

kedatangan - arrival, attacked, invaded,

mendukung - back, espouse, support,

merupakan - constitute,

tertarik - affinity,

turut - follow, keep,

untuk - for, to,

yayasan - establishment, foundation, institution,

This bit presumably is talking about his strong afinity for the cause

Yeah... Thanks floz! Tis really confusing... why cant there be something that u can copy and paste into straight away?

Always has to be hard doesnt it?

Translation:

Young lovers of the singer of Gareth Gates could in Indonesia be disappointed just because of the idol cancelled his concert plan several previous months.

Currently this disappointment is treated, because in the near future he will appear in Jakarta.

If not the obstacle melintang, Gareth will appear in the agenda that was displayed MTV Indonesia namely MTV Staying Alive of Summit music 2004.

This agenda results of the co-operation with the Fiesta Condom (the Foundation DKT Indonesia) and UNDP.

The agenda to commemorate the AIDS Day this world will be displayed in the Carnaval Ancol Coast, Jakarta on Saturday (4/12) came.

Apart from Gareth that was brought in as the special guest star, this agenda was also livened up by the local group of the musician like Rice, teeth, Peterpan, Naive,/rif, Neutral, Seurieus, RRT, Audy, and the singer dangdut Nita Thalia.

According to Debbie Novillia, Communications Coordinator MTV Indonesia, "Gareth's Arrival as real proof of his support for the agenda of MTV Staying Alive of Summit music 2004."

This agenda was the good deed agenda because all the results will be contributed to the Indonesian Foundation of the AIDS.

The reason so that made Gareth be interested livening up him.

"Gareth really cared about this problem of the AIDS," said Debbie again.

As far as this is concerned did not yet have the explanation whether Gareth will carry out collaboration with one of the singers or the local group.

It was clear that he was planned brought three as far as four songs.

For the ticket affair, the organising team indeed did not sell the ticket.

However in order to be able to witness the concert the idol, the spectator's candidates it was recommended bought a MTV Trax magazine of the edition in December 2004 to be shown in the entrance of the place of the show.

(06/01)

Ray. (found an online translation programme - I'm not that clever!)

Wow thanks rayburn!

Lol Ive been searching for a indonesian translator for an hour! Typical