Christmas to Remember

Val4Gareth

I've just been looking on iTunes to see if they had Gareth's Christmas to Remember on there, which they haven't, but there are several songs on there which give Gareth's name as the artist and the Genre is Electronic. Can anyone explain what these songs are. Its definitely not Gareth singing them :unsure:

I imagine it's more to do with laziness, or perhaps they would rather hold the song back in case they want to give it to someone else to record. If you are keen to get a legal download of it, it might be worth contacting them. But they probably know most fans who are likely to want it will have a copy already.

I have got a copy of it, but what I was thinking was if it was available on iTunes we could all perhaps download it and maybe it would get a bit of the recognition it deserves. To be honest after listening to all the Christmas songs now entering the chart again, that song is almost as good as any one of them. Such a shame more wasn't made of it when it was first released. Yet another way Gareth's career wasn't managed properly right from the start. I still find it hard to believe CTR was released six weeks before Christmas and only us fans heard it being played :wacko:

I thought that you'd have a copy :D, that's why I said "legal download", thinking that you might want to download it in a way that got recognition. But it wasn't released six weeks before Christmas was it? I thought it was first week in December.

But I agree, they should have made a video for it, and turned it into a double-A side, but again I would cite laziness. It wouldn't have needed a huge push, but the video would have been played on the music channels, and perhaps the odd play on the radio too - with the bonus of showing another side to Gareth's singing.

It's a great song, and I think they would still be showing the video on the music channels if they'd done one.

If anyone doesn't have a proper version of the b-side, I think you can still buy the single from amazon. Click on the link at the top of the page. :D

I am thinking every year when they show the x-mas videos on the music channels, that BMG missed a huge oppertunity to have Gareth's song played every year.

They should have made it a douple a-side, or I go as far as saying, they should have chosen x-mas to remember as the single instead of WMHWTS.

I remember Gareth saying excitendly that he finished recording his x-mas song, and it such a great up-beat x-mas song. Such a shame most people dont know it. :mellow:

I am thinking every year when they show the x-mas videos on the music channels, that BMG missed a huge oppertunity to have Gareth's song played every year.

I remember Gareth saying excitendly that he finished recording his x-mas song, and it such a great up-beat x-mas song. Such a shame most people dont know it. :mellow:

Totally agree, but then most people don't know about the latest album do they? I used to listen to the radio so much when Gareth was around partly in the hope of hearing him and partly to chastise the Dj's for playing dross instead of Gareth!!! :frantics: however now I don't listen because whatever the year they are focusing on or the genre he is never played.

Can't figure it and never have been able to but it is a massive shame and a MASSIVE missed opportunity for any record company whatever the history between the artist and the label.

xxx

Totally agree, but then most people don't know about the latest album do they? I used to listen to the radio so much when Gareth was around partly in the hope of hearing him and partly to chastise the Dj's for playing dross instead of Gareth!!! :frantics: however now I don't listen because whatever the year they are focusing on or the genre he is never played.

Can't figure it and never have been able to but it is a massive shame and a MASSIVE missed opportunity for any record company whatever the history between the artist and the label.

xxx

That's how I've been feeling about the music channels lately Perisa, but surprise, surprise, today, they did a program on MTV Hits, called `We Love 2002' and guess what AOU was on there :hyper:

I was very cheeky today and sent a message to Gareth on his Myspace asking him to put Christmas To Remember on his music player. Probably won't do any good, but its worth a try :laugh:

Val I think that probably BMG got the rights to that song, so not sure if he would be aloud to do that, even if he wanted too?

No, he probably wouldn't be able to Khelda, but it may prompt him into making another one. I'd like nothing better than having a Gareth Christmas song being played every year :heart:

Manic Kangaroo (James) on Haven has found a download of Christmas to Remember. He's given it to me as a Christmas present for all Gareth fans :heart:

Edit: I've removed this link after Snowdrop's very welcome warning. If anyone wishes to download it please PM me and I'll send it to you.

Manic Kangaroo (James) on Haven has found a download of Christmas to Remember. He's given it to me as a Christmas present for all Gareth fans :heart:

Edit: I've removed this link after Snowdrop's very welcome warning. If anyone wishes to download it please PM me and I'll send it to you.

Hi Val,

I am a bit thick so would this count as a PM. Let me know. Many thanks

I've just played it, and I think it's very beautiful. Didn't know it was the bside of a single. I must have bought he album instead, and what a beautiful song I missed! Thanks Val. :heart:

It was the B-side of WMHWTS, but they had 2 different versions of the song. :smile: Maybe you bought the other one?

Maybe, Khelda, but I certainly had never heard it before, and when I did, I was moved by the beautiful way Gareth sang it!