DOI at Sheffield

lilian

I went to see DOI this evening at Sheffield and it was fantastic. The arena was full and the show started at 0730 and finished at 1030. A man was on first to warm up the audience and he was very good at his job. There were no banners anywhere much to my disappointment.

Kyran Bracken was on first but unfortunately he had two falls. In fact one or two of them had stumbles but not Gareth he was brilliant and looked fantastic. They all do two performances, one in the first half and another in the second half. They are marked for the first one but not the second. For his first performance Gareth did the same one he did in the semi final on the TV and he looked great he wore a silver top and white trousers. The judges marked him 25 and he came fifth in the leader board. ( he also came fifth in the line up for the bolero, he was beaten by Chris, Suzanne, Claire and Bonni Langford with Suzanne and Chris performing Bolero with Suzanne going on to win).

His performance in the second half was the one in which Maria wore the red cat suit and Gareth the red T shirt. That was also very good. The striped trousers were also seen in one where all the artists perform together. Torville and Dean performed about three times and also did the flying performance. There were also performances by professional skaters which were brilliant.

The judges were the same with the exception of Ruthie and, of course, Jason got several boos.

Near the end the skaters shake hands with some of the audience.

I think they have worked quite hard this weekend with a performance Friday night, two today and another two tomorrow. I think some were quite tired and the judges mentioned that they had still to get used to dancing on a larger rink than they are used to.

However, it was still great and those of you who are going to later shows are in for a real treat.

I hope I have given you some idea of how the show went, but I am also tired and going to my bed.

Night, night.

Lilian

That's brilliant. Sounds wonderful.

Itt looks as though they must vary what they do in the second half then as one of the other performances he did the Beach Boys number.

(edits - ah no, see the yoube thing below, they do the Beachboys, but in red!!)

5th ain't bad at all!!

found this on youtube. Its very fuzzy, but he looks great

direct link ( so you can comment)

Thanks so much for your report Lilian. I am going, but it's a month away, so it's great to get early reports from a fan. It sounds like a brilliant night. And I'm pleased Gareth got to skate to Beach Boys without having to wear the horrible outfit, lol. :hyper:

Yes, Floz you are quite right, I misled you slightly. Although Gareth and Maria were dressed in the red outfits they performed the number on the TV when Gareth wore the striped trousers. ( I hope that makes sense).

Yorksheather, I think you are going to the afternoon performance today (I wish I was going with you), I would advise you to leave home in plenty of time as the build up of traffic yesterday was horrendous and several people arrived late. However, I am sure you will enjoy the show.

I was tired when I went to bed but I couldn't sleep as my mind was so full of the show. I really, really, enjoyed it and it was worth every penny. It was worth every penny just to see Gareth and Maria and they got a very good reception.

I only wish I was going again!

Yorksheather, I think you are going to the afternoon performance today (I wish I was going with you), I would advise you to leave home in plenty of time as the build up of traffic yesterday was horrendous and several people arrived late. However, I am sure you will enjoy the show.

I was tired when I went to bed but I couldn't sleep as my mind was so full of the show. I really, really, enjoyed it and it was worth every penny. It was worth every penny just to see Gareth and Maria and they got a very good reception.

I only wish I was going again!

Thanks Lilian for the information about the build up of traffic yesterday , we're going to the evening performance , doors open 5.30 pm , performance 6pm , I have heard that we won't be able to park until all the afternoon cars have left , I'm looking forward to going :smile:

Thank you very much for the report. I think a score of 25 is very good, and also Gareth beat Zarrah this time. No offence to Zarrah, but as she made the final, it seems gareth is up there with the best. I am really proud of him, and we will def have banners at Wembley!

I went to see DOI this evening at Sheffield and it was fantastic. The arena was full and the show started at 0730 and finished at 1030. A man was on first to warm up the audience and he was very good at his job. There were no banners anywhere much to my disappointment.

Kyran Bracken was on first but unfortunately he had two falls. In fact one or two of them had stumbles but not Gareth he was brilliant and looked fantastic. They all do two performances, one in the first half and another in the second half. They are marked for the first one but not the second. For his first performance Gareth did the same one he did in the semi final on the TV and he looked great he wore a silver top and white trousers. The judges marked him 25 and he came fifth in the leader board. ( he also came fifth in the line up for the bolero, he was beaten by Chris, Suzanne, Claire and Bonni Langford with Suzanne and Chris performing Bolero with Suzanne going on to win).

His performance in the second half was the one in which Maria wore the red cat suit and Gareth the red T shirt. That was also very good. The striped trousers were also seen in one where all the artists perform together. Torville and Dean performed about three times and also did the flying performance. There were also performances by professional skaters which were brilliant.

The judges were the same with the exception of Ruthie and, of course, Jason got several boos.

I think they have worked quite hard this weekend with a performance Friday night, two today and another two tomorrow. I think some were quite tired and the judges mentioned that they had still to get used to dancing on a larger rink than they are used to.

However, it was still great and those of you who are going to later shows are in for a real treat.

I hope I have given you some idea of how the show went, but I am also tired and going to my bed.

Night, night.

Lilian

That's a great report . It's lovely to read and feel the excitement from those that have been fortunate to go. Thanks for coming back and telling us(and immediately you returned home too).

Wow didn't realise there were so many performances over the weekend. They are sure to be tired but I expect exilerated too.

Any idea how many people the venue holds?

Thanks for the YouTube link Floz. Although a bit fuzzy it certainly shows the performance, and it all seems very quick indeed :hyper: .

Nice post on Gareth's Myspace by someone who went to the show last night :thumbsup:

Well boys and girls!

you are in for a treat if your going to see the dancing on ice tour!

i went last night and it was absolutely fantastic! enjoyed every second!

keep it up gareth! i have much faith that you will get to skate the balero!

love jodie x

Night, night.

Lilian

We went on Friday night and it was brilliant although be prepared to be ripped off, drinks etc. You don;t really need a programme to vote because unless you are at the front you won;t be noticed. Gareth was brilliant and deservedley came 4th with the judges altho in my eyes he was better than Kyran, who was third. Chris won probabaly deservedly and I think the panel would have been lynched if he hadn't. My fav was Claire who was magical and undermarked. There were no banners but we were in the Gods and so my little one found it a bit tricky to see. We loved the show and the highlights were Fred and Mel and Jayne and Chris flying. I am boring but was waiting all the time to see Gareth and would love to see him get a chanced to dance to Bolero. I know a lot of people near us were not going to vote because they felt it should be free. I must admit that show has had enough of my hard earned but did vote once for the man even though from the amount of Chris fans I guessed he didn#t have a chance. Jason was bloody nice to him and gave him a 5 for living on a prayer which makes me think he must have read this site and been worried about the skate going up his nether regions. Take care and have fun, apparently the first night is where the DVD to be released next Xmas was filmed so you will get chance to see it if you live far away and if you are going you are in for a treat and make a banner.

Thanks for your report Singingmuppet. Its very nice to read everyones thoughts on the performances.

I've just found the judges scores for this afternoon's performances on the BR. Gareth was in 5th place

Fred & Zarrah 4.5, 4.5, 4.5, 4.0, 5.0 = 22.5

Kyran & Melanie 5.0, 5.5, 5.0,5.0, 5.5 = 26

Chris & Frankie 6.0, 5.5, 5.5, 5.5, 5.5 = 28

Gareth & Maria 4.5, 4.5, 5.0, 4.5, 4.5 = 23

Bonnie & Pavel 5.5, 5.5, 5.5, 5.0, 6.0 = 27.

Linda & Dan 4.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.0, 4.5 = 21

David & Kristin 3.5, 4.0, 3.0, 4.0, 4.5 = 19

Suzanne & Matt 5.0, 5.5, 5.5, 5.0, 5.5 = 26.5

Chris and Suzanne skated the Bolero and Chris won. Apparently Suzanne made a bit of a mistake and Matt almost fell on top of her.

We went on Friday night and it was brilliant although be prepared to be ripped off, drinks etc. You don;t really need a programme to vote because unless you are at the front you won;t be noticed. Gareth was brilliant and deservedley came 4th with the judges altho in my eyes he was better than Kyran, who was third. Chris won probabaly deservedly and I think the panel would have been lynched if he hadn't. My fav was Claire who was magical and undermarked. There were no banners but we were in the Gods and so my little one found it a bit tricky to see. We loved the show and the highlights were Fred and Mel and Jayne and Chris flying. I am boring but was waiting all the time to see Gareth and would love to see him get a chanced to dance to Bolero. I know a lot of people near us were not going to vote because they felt it should be free. I must admit that show has had enough of my hard earned but did vote once for the man even though from the amount of Chris fans I guessed he didn#t have a chance. Jason was bloody nice to him and gave him a 5 for living on a prayer which makes me think he must have read this site and been worried about the skate going up his nether regions. Take care and have fun, apparently the first night is where the DVD to be released next Xmas was filmed so you will get chance to see it if you live far away and if you are going you are in for a treat and make a banner.

Thanks for a great report Singing Muppet. It is so good to read of everyone's experiences. Nothing boring about waiting to see Gareth. That's why many of us are going :hyper:

Any idea how many people the venue holds?

Hope no one minds me answering my own question, but the guy ffrom the Daily Mirror talked of a sellout 7000 seated Sheffield event.