Gareth and Suzanne in OK magazine

kenzieboy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Gareth's outfit :smile: Suzanne's wedding dress was fantastic . Marion Thomas is a top designer . http://www.hotfroguk.co.uk/Companies/Marion-Thomas , you can click onto her website from here , although she seems to be taking a rest at the moment.

I read on another link ( which isn't fully working for me ) that Mario Thomas began her career under the tutelage of Linda Cierach - creator of the Duchess of York's wedding dress :smile:

I was wondering about the poem that Gareth's mom read. Was it Gareth's mom that read it?

THE SONG OF WANDERING AENGUS

by: W.B. Yeats

WENT out to the hazel wood,

Because a fire was in my head,

And cut and peeled a hazel wand,

And hooked a berry to a thread;

And when white moths were on the wing,

And moth-like stars were flickering out,

I dropped the berry in a stream

And caught a little silver trout.

When I had laid it on the floor

I went to blow the fire a-flame,

But something rustled on the floor,

And some one called me by my name:

It had become a glimmering girl

With apple blossom in her hair

Who called me by my name and ran

And faded through the brightening air.

Though I am old with wandering

Through hollow lands and hilly lands,

I will find out where she has gone,

And kiss her lips and take her hands;

And walk among long dappled grass,

And pluck till time and times are done

The silver apples of the moon,

The golden apples of the sun.

That's lovely. Thanks for the link.

Lovely poem, thanks. It was read by a friend. Gareth's mum read the very famous bible reading from Corinthians, chapter 13. I think OK wrote it down a bit wrong, but there's more about it and the meaning on Wikipedia.

From the first book of Corinthians, Chapter 13:

1 If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.

5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.

7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end.

9 For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part;

10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end.

11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways.

12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

Thanks for link to the Corinthians reading (Seems I am getting my readers mixed up).

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.

It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things

So very true.

ive seen paul roberts with suzanne quite a few times and did wonder who he was he arriv in the taxi with suzanne at the theater must of been friends for a long time :thumbsup:

anything on the band ive not got that far yet lol

I got a bit bogged down looking for Gareth's band last week . There are a few Pete Rinaldi's , one of the other's , I forget who , used to play in Wheatus ( if it's the right chap ) :unsure:

I did look up Heather Sweet at Art Cakes and she makes some great cakes :heart:

http://www.sweetart.co.uk/Cake-Decorator.html

I also noticed you can buy some nice gifts online at Belvior Castle

http://www.belvoircastle.com/shop/

It was wonderful to get O K magazine with the photos and write up of Gareth's wedding while I was on holiday. I had been away since the 6th of June and must have been living in a bubble, as the first I knew was an advert on the t v.

It was all pretty wonderful to see a very mature Gareth and his beautiful bride on their very special day.

The only sour note for me, was the photo of Simon Cowell, Katie Price and her husband also sharing the front cover. A bit tactless, and very thoughtless.

Good luck and best wishes to the happy couple, I hope they have many happy years together.

• 1 year later...