Reports of Joseph 27.02.2009

Khelda

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi! You'll get the report from last night in a thread that isn't titled 27.02.09 :tongue:

I'm just on the train now with my fancy Wi-Fi thingy. Don't have time to write a full report before the battery gives up, except to say it was fab. :frantics:

And everyone loved him. :wub:

JosephFeb27and282009001.jpg

So, picture the scene – it’s a Friday night in London’s West End, we took our seats and looked around – the theatre was filling up nicely, the orchestra was tuning up – we were all set to enjoy a fantastic night’s entertainment. The lights went down, the orchestra struck up and launched into the overture. So far, so another night at the theatre. The kids arrived on stage, the Narrator appeared . . . hang on – this was Joseph! Reality hit – we were there to watch Gareth! :frantics: The excitement was palpable. :hyper:

Suddenly he was there and that was that – we were off on a journey from Canaan to Egypt, through every musical style you could think of – Calypso, the Roaring Twenties, country & western, rock & roll, disco and French folk music, and with dancing, comedy and farce – the whole nine yards.

Gareth was brilliant. To say he has virtually no experience of anything like this, he was simply amazing. Surpassing everything else was, of course, that voice. :heart: It’s effortless. Pitch perfect, strong, confident – everything you could possibly hope for. It was clear from the reaction of the audience (a standing ovation) – and from speaking to people at the stage door afterwards - that it came as a surprise to more than a few of them. They have NO idea :wink: :heart:

He looked fantastic too :D:wub:

Afterwards, we nipped round to the stage door and, when he came out, he was charm personified. Smiling and utterly gorgeous he worked his way through everyone who wanted to speak to him and posed for endless photos. The man is a star.

Seeing as we (me, Snowdrop and Floz) had travelled so far, we went again last night too :ahappy: :D VickyGates joined us in the afternoon and eventually, we retraced our steps from the night before and there we were in the theatre again – YAY! We met up with Jenjo and her two delightful daughters - proof again, if proof were needed, that Gareth has the nicest fans :smile: :hug:

It was a re-run of the previous night except that the theatre was bursting at the seams and Gareth seemed – to me at least - to somehow have raised his game. Just brilliant. Once again that voice delivered and the audience went wild. :cheer:

Performance over, we were off back round to the Stage Door for Vicky to get her snap with the main man and once again he took time to speak to everyone and made special time for a little girl celebrating her 5th birthday by making her first trip to live theatre. Her mother wasn’t a Gareth fan before, but she most certainly is now – couldn’t stop talking about him. The little girl was overwhelmed to be meeting Joseph and he certainly topped off her experience when he picked her up so she could have her photo taken with him – a lovely thing to see. :aww:

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend – he was just so special and will only get better. Can’t wait for the next time.

Here’s some pics taken at the stage door over the two evenings enjoy:

Cropped7.jpg

Cropped8.jpg

Cropped1.jpg

Cropped2.jpg

Cropped3.jpg

Cropped5.jpg

Cropped6.jpg

By the way – I’ve cropped people out of some of these – I was just snapping randomly. If you think you’re on that photo and would like the original, get in touch and describe yourself and I’ll send it through to you :D

I was there, I was there, I was there. :hyper:

Two sensational performances and a terrific weekend. As Maggie says, G was fabulous. What a voice. Really full of emotion at times almost whispering, at times, full of power. Wonderful.

The whole thing is as camp as Christmas of course. I've never been a fan of Lloyd Weber, but G, with his combination of enthusiasm, mischief and sincerity made this a thoroughly enjoyable evening (x2). Of course it helped seeing him semi naked for much of the performance!!

The auditorium was packed. The audience lapped it up and he got a much deserved standing ovation on Friday (couldn't see if he had one on Sat too)

Lovely to see folk again and meet some for the first time. Lovely too to see how G works the scrum at the stage door so graciously, and makes everyones day.

Just fabbie.

Oh Maggie and Floz, thanks so much for your great reports, and its brilliant to hear Gareth was amazing again. Its funny how some people are surprised at his singing voice being so good? :unsure:

Lovely photos, he is a star, no doubt about it. :frantics:

We have waited with baited breath for these reports and they have certainly been worth waiting for.

Dare I say that I wondered how such 'cultured' fans :blush: would receive the whackiness of Joseph, but it seems I needn't have wondered.

Every snippett we receive from everyone is a delight to read, but this I could clearly envisage and caused a tear or two:

Performance over, we were off back round to the Stage Door for Vicky to get her snap with the main man and once again he took time to speak to everyone and made special time for a little girl celebrating her 5th birthday by making her first trip to live theatre. Her mother wasn’t a Gareth fan before, but she most certainly is now – couldn’t stop talking about him. The little girl was overwhelmed to be meeting Joseph and he certainly topped off her experience when he picked her up so she could have her photo taken with him – a lovely thing to see.

Thanks so much and for the great photos too.

Loving the grey ensemble. How blooming lovely does he look?

Thank you both for those great reports. What a treasure Gareth is and how lovely of him to make that little girls day by lifting her up for her picture :heart:

Love the pictures you've taken. It never fails to surprise me how people are so srprised at Gareth perfect voice. What have they been listening to for the last 7 years.

Bet you can't wait to go again :laugh:

Thanks so very much for your great reports Maggie and Floz.

I'm so pleased you had such a great time.

The photos are great to. I can't wait to go myself.

I was there too! For last night's show. Not got much to add though, apart from how amazing he was! That voice. I'd forgotten just how good it is, lol. He did really really well. Very proud. :heart: And afterwards at the stage door. He was just so lovely to everyone, so gracious and his usual friendly self, posing for photos and signing things. I took a few photos, but they were on my phone so not the best quality. :unsure:

DSC00090.jpg

92Edit.jpg93Edit.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

And one of me and the star of the show, thanks to Maggiemags :smile: (Sorry I look so hideous!)

MeGarethJoseph28209.jpg

Fantastic photos. :wub:

I'll post something more detailed tomorrow - bit shattered for coherent thought tonight, but he was very deffo aces. :heart:

The praise he gets for being to gracious and lovely at the stage door is so very much deserved. He makes everyone feel special, and as if he's got loads of time for everyone. There were people outside the bars across the road and passers by who were looking in to see what was happening - several of them were getting their cameras out too! :laugh:

I also heard someone who works at the theatre say how good Gareth was at always coming out to see people and what a nice bloke he seemed to be. Nothing we didn't know already, but it's great to hear others agreeing. :thumbsup:

The same has to be said about Gareth's singing. Clearly the people who were there chose to go, but there were still so many people raving about how fantastic Gareth's singing is, who weren't expecting him to be that good. It does make you wonder, but I'm very glad that everyone is being impressed all the same. :wub:

Well, here's the aforementioned video - I'm afraid you're going to have to watch it sideways on! Never thought about what I was doing - just tried to get as much of him on it as I could. Sorry! Also, there's no lighting there, so you only really get to see him when someone else takes a picture of him and the flash lights up his face, but it will perhaps give you an idea of the excitement he generates! :frantics:

:smile:

My daughters and I caught an early train from Manchester and after spending the afternoon sightseeing we headed to the theatre on Saturday evening where we had arranged to meet up to say hello to Maggiemags, Snowdrop, Floz and Vicky.It was lovely to meet other Gareth fans for the first time and to put faces to the names on here. They made us very welcome.

We had great seats in the stalls, they were row O and we had a really good view.

It was nice not to be apprehensive about Gareth's performance, having read all the glowing reports from others who had already seen his performances. I thought Gareth was wonderful (no surprise there!!!) His voice was beautiful as always and his acting was really good too - I can't believe how little experience he has had to have become so accomplished already.I thoroughly enjoyed the whole show.After the show I was anxious to hear my daughters' opinion for although they like Gareth, I knew they would give me an honest opinion. Anyway, they thought he was really, really good too - so that made me very happy! :smile:

We had another busy sightseeing day today too and arrived home tonight , tired but happy!!!

Lovely to read all the other reports and see the photos, thank you.

Thanks to everyone for your reports of seeing Gareth in 'Joseph' this weekend and also for the photos. It is lovely to keep reading about how brilliant Gareth is in the show and that he is impressing, and often surprising, everyone (non-fans, of course) with his voice.

Linda