Gareth as Marius in Les Mis International tour

Floz

I'm sure there right about it bringing in a younger audiance, that wouldn't normally go to see this show.

I know for one, I might not be young but I wouldn't be going, if it wasn't for Gareth.

I have seen quite a few musicals over the years, but as I'd seen Les Mis, I probably wouldn't have gone to see this version if it weren't for Gareth. It will be interesting to see it again, because I do think you get something quite different the second time you see something.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother has just told me, that Gareth was mentioned on Elaine Page's show.

I don't know what was said, but it's to do with the show.

I am absolutely delighted that Gareth has the part of Marius in Les Miserables. I think that he will be wonderful in the role and that he will perform the songs and act brilliantly, truly portraying the necessary emotions - we'll be needing the tissues again, I'm sure!

I saw Les Mis in the West End last August (on the same afternoon that I saw Lee Mead in 'Joseph' in the evening). You couldn't get two more different musicals - but both fantastic in their own way. We already know how successful Gareth was as Joseph and I'm certain that he has all the right qualities to be great as Marius. I wanted an excuse to see this musical again (several times probably) and Gareth being in it is the best reason I can think of!

For those of you who haven't seen Les Mis before, I would strongly recommend listening to the CD of the original cast recording and reading the explanatory notes, as the story is quite involved and there is no narrator to explain what's happening. I did this last year and I'm sure that it enhanced my understanding and enjoyment of the show - and the songs are pretty good too.

I'm so pleased to know what Gareth's next major project is, as I felt really bereft when 'Joseph' ended. It is somehow comforting to know what he will be doing next.

Linda

Just received this via google alerts, another mention of Gareth and Les Mis on the Wales Online site. http://www.walesonline.co.uk/

I like this:-

Another unknown quantity is the presence of Gareth Gates. “I definitely think people should give him more of a chance than they do,” says Owen-Jones

“He’s done things and performed in places that I’m in awe of, seriously. He has a great deal of experience. Yes, he came runner up in a TV talent show a few years ago but people tend to forget everything he has done since.

I was pleased to see John Owen - Jones supporting Gareth in such a positive way :smile:

I liked this as well Katie :thumbsup:

Another unknown quantity is the presence of Gareth Gates. “I definitely think people should give him more of a chance than they do,” says Owen-Jones

“He’s done things and performed in places that I’m in awe of, seriously. He has a great deal of experience. Yes, he came runner up in a TV talent show a few years ago but people tend to forget everything he has done since.

:smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Gareth will sing quite a few times with others and a few by himself.

Act I

Look Down - Beggars, Gavroche, Old Woman, Prostitute, Pimp, Enjolras, Marius

Stars - Javert

Little People - Gavroche and Poor

I just love the music and play it constantly. For anyone wanting to familarise themselves with some of the songs (or just Gareth's tracks) click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPZSZgUOWrk (Look Down, Marius sung by Micheal Ball)