General Les Mis feedback from out there [Cardiff]

Maggiemags

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Juandlin is off to see Les Miserables tomorrow night - supposed to be really good! 10:31 PM Jan 4th from web

From same person:

@Gareth_Gates Hey, went to see Les Mis tonight & thought it was fantastic. All the cast were amazing!!! Hope ur enjoying the snow in Wales about 8 hours ago from web

Great feedback everyone. :heart:

This was on Twitter too.

naomi_d absolutely LOVING Les miserables!!! absolutely spectacular . . . omg i love love love it! cant. breathe.

about 11 hours ago from mobile web

naomi_d just managed to get home from cardiff, i do love the snow, but i absolutely sh*t myself driving back . . . Les mis was amazing though!!!

about 8 hours ago from mobile web

Another happy customer

owenstaton Saw les miserables at cardiff millenium centre . 4th time I had seen the show over the years and by far the best . Awesome

about 3 hours ago from txt

It's great the show is getting so much positive feedback from people who have seen it before too.

Recieved this great review through google alerts :smile:

http://www.milfordmercury.co.uk/leisure/wh...fter_this_show/

Wow, that's fab Heather - thanks!

Putting it here so that we have it for ever:

For many audiences, Les Misérables is the ultimate musical.

Evergreen and ever-popular, Les Mis bridges the gap between popular musicals and serious theatre and even musical-haters won’t be able to help but love this spectacular production.

The magnificent score of Les Misérables includes the songs I Dreamed a Dream; On My Own; Bring Him Home; Do You Hear the People Sing?; One Day More; Empty Chairs at Empty Tables; Master Of The House and many more.

This international award-winning musical sweeps its audience through an epic tale of passion and destruction, against the backdrop of the French revolution.

Seen by more than 55million people worldwide in 40 countries and in 21 languages, this spectacular adaptation of Victor Hugo’s masterpiece continues to thrill audiences night after night.

The simply stunning sets are based on original paintings by the author himself, and at once conjure up Hugo’s France with mysterious buildings, dark and brooding landscapes and add an unusual quality of light to the proceedings. Innovative use of cinematographic techniques brought these backdrops to vivid life, adding to the animation and pace of the piece.

John Owen-Jones gives a sublime performance as Jean Valjean, ageing effortlessly before our very eyes, but one would have expected no less of this veteran of musical theatre.

The real revelation is pop singer Gareth Gates. Anyone thinking that he’s been cast as a box office draw alone would be sadly mistaken. As he has grown in stature so have his musical and acting abilities, and his sensitive performance as Marius is a joy to watch.

In such a large cast as this, it is unusual to find such a high level of quality, but Ashley Artus (Thenardier), Earl Carpenter (Javert), Rosalind James (Eponine), Lynne Wilmost (Madame Thenardier) and Jon Robyns (Enjolras) stand out, even in this exceptional company.

Any production that can make the audience laugh, cry, cheer and rise to their collective feet as one just cannot be missed.

Cameron Mackintosh’s 25th anniversary production of Les Misérables runs at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff, until January 16th.

Ticket availability is very limited. Call 08700 40 2000 for details.

Isn't this just a fab review. :hyper: Grown in stature He most certainly has. :frantics:

Must be honest to not reading much else of the review :fear:

Seems Quentin Letts of the Daily Mail, should have reviewed the show this wednesday but couldn't make it due to the weather. He says this in today's Daily Mail

What with the snow, a planned Wednesday afternoon trip from London to Cardiff to see Les Miserables proved overambitious.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/revie...l#ixzz0c3S2YaQv

If only, I saw Les Mis with my assistant. She will be writing to Slovak programme called "Blue Heaven". It is my favourite programme, when every Wendsday at 8. p. m. the people writes dreams for his friends, family and children with some disabilities their dreams. Moderator visits this person at home or at school and he or she tells him about his destiny , then he got him on trip , which it turn out surprising for them for example meeting with their favourite actor or singer . And then appear the person ,who writes to this programme. I like this programme,, which is very enchanting for me.

Isn't this just a fab review. :hyper: Grown in stature He most certainly has. :frantics:

Must be honest to not reading much else of the review :fear:

Seems Quentin Letts of the Daily Mail, should have reviewed the show this wednesday but couldn't make it due to the weather. He says this in today's Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/revie...l#ixzz0c3S2YaQv

Wonderful review - brilliant that it's a journalist saying this and not a fan as such. I suspect quite a few of the critics haven't managed to get there yet because of the snow - hopefully lots more reviews to come over the next few weeks!