Reports from Valentine's Manchester

eternal

I went to the Valentines concert yesterday with ValR,who then went home afterwards and flew to Austalia for 3 weeks.It was a fantastic show and lovely to watch Gareth in a different kind of show for a change.The hall was a lot fuller than I expected,the age range of the people was so varied.Great seats in the middle on the front row of the circle,the lady next to me when she opened her programme was delighted to find that Gareth was in the show.She gave a loud account of who Gareth was to her husband,saying she'd prefered him to Will in Pop Idol,it was a shame he'd gone of the rails and disappeared.It was then I started to speak to her,saying I was there to see Gareth, by the time the show started, she was up to date with him being married,a family,Mcguire and his career.She said she couldn't see him n musicals though ,I told her to listen and tell me what she thought afterwards.Several times after Gareth sang she turned to me and said "lovely did you enjoy that",after the Queen's medley at the end she was thrilled and said"Now thats how I like to hear him sing".

I posted a list of songs sung earliar in the thread,the conductor,Scarlett and everyone was great esp. Gareth who was superb,how he learns so many new songs whilst appearing in Les Mis amazes me.

It was funny that Gareth and Scarlett had problems with which side of the stage to go off and come back on from.When they introduced each other they were looking and holding their hand out to one side of the stage,but the other was walking on behind them,at one point Gareth going off did a little jig to show he didn't know which way he was supposed to go.

After the show we saw Gareth who signed my programme,Suzanne and Missy.

Checked the Manchester Evening News tonight,there was no mention or review of the concert.

Went to the Manchester show yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought Gareth showed so much versatility - equally at home with pop or musical theatre. Definite highlight for me was Why God Why, but loved everything.

Had to rush off afterwards but managed to wave to Snowdrop and Maggiemags at the interval. Doris, we must have been sitting on the same row but didn't see you! I'm sure everyone will enjoy tonight's show, they are in for such a treat.

Just wanted to come on and say how fantastic the valentines concert was. Haven't had chance to get on before now!

Had a wonderful day with Heather and Katie. I really enjoyed the show, and gareth was sounding fantastic. Have to say I enjoyed the second half more than the first, as I recognised more of the songs. Scarlett had a lovely voice too, and I thought her and Gareth sounded really good together.

In the interval, we seen Suzanne and Missy. I didn't really speak, but Heather did and Suzanne was lovely and down to earth. Missy was adorbale!

After the show, we were lucky enough to see Gareth. It was pouring down with rain so didn't get a picture with him. I did take a picture of him signing though, so I'll add that later on. Was great of Gareth to come stand out in the rain though!

Hadn't expected to be able to see Gareth so soon after the panto, so it was lovely to be able to. Also lovely to see some of the fans again and see a couple that I hadn't met before! :)