Party In The Park - Bath - 17th July 2011

Val4Gareth

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gareth_Gates Gareth Gates

Just done a gig in Bath. Now bombing over to Dartford to headline the festival. Tired? I think so! But excited? I think so!!

Yes he been and gone, lol

We waited in pouring rain for over 3hrs, got there early, but unfortunately Gareth was late, stuck in traffic.

So when he eventually arrived, about 45 min late, he jumped straignt from the car onto the stage.

He sang 'Dont stop me now', 'Living on a praire', Anyone of us and finished with Spirit in the Sky., He had a few words with a presenter and off to dash again, straight to Dartford.

So IMO he did not have time to sing more being late as he was. Some chap before him got another few songs instead.

Saying that Gareth looked great, black jeans with shirt and thin tie. He sounded great, real strong voice, got the crowd going, singing along and screeming.

In the beginning there was a local band and only a handful of people listening (mind the rain was lashing down). But by the time Gareth was suppose to be on, the crowd filled the place infront of the small stage, and the rain had stopped too, still very windy though.

I have some photos, but need to upload them first. Need my coffee now. :thumbsup:

Thanks you Khelda for posting so early from your Party In The Park , Bath, it all so8nds amazing, apart from the rain. I'm looking forward to your photos , after a little rest and your coffee . :D

There are some tweets from people who also enjoyed Gareth :)

» EmmiLou_SD Emmi Smith :)

Wahoooo Gareth Gates was awesome :) where's this Mr fittie come from! Lol

1 hour ago

amandafitz amanda fitzgerald

Awww Gareth gates mmm me and @sallymondryk are in love again x http://t.co/65WGxFd

1 hour ago

claireygaga Clairey

Gareth Gates live via the phone :') whatta classic. @sian22 you babe. Plz don't die.

Wow Khelda. You didn't waste any time. Just got in the door. Nightmare day for me. Train was delayed so I missed my connection. Consequently missed my lift from the station. Then after getting a taxi which dropped me off at the back of the queue of cars waiting to get in, because I thought it would be quicker to walk in (young lad said about 200 yards) only to find it took me over 20 minutes to get to the entrance and it was howling winds and torrential rain all the way.

But after waiting for nearly two hours for Gareth to come on (he was 45 mins late arriving because of traffic) my day finally started to cheer up. Cat said she would video if I took pictures, which I did. Just have to get someone to get them on the computer for me. I'm sure she's got much more chance of getting the videos uploaded than I have and she filmed the whole of Gareth's set. One consolation, the sun came out just long enough for Gareth to perform then it went again. It was like magic, hardly any crowd until Gareth appeared then loads of people appeared from nowhere. The minutes he finished they disappeared again.

Many thanks to Khelda and Frank for the lift back to the station, which made it possible for me to catch an earlier train.

Not the best of days out to see Gareth, but he made it all worthwhile seeing and hearing him sing.

Think I've just about dried and thawed out now.

Your pictures are fantastic Inge. Don't know what you were on about them not being very clear.

It was lovely to see you again after such a long time, Birmingham Les Mis was the last time I believe. And it was so lovely to meet you too Cat. Sorry I caused you a wasted trip to the Station. :hug:

Cat has got all the set on video, but she had to drive back to Manchester when she left. Hope you got home safely Cat.

Sorry the weather and traffic seemed to be against you all today. But great to know you did have those few songs with the man himself there and the crowds gathered when he was on. Seems some new fans came from that too! Seen a twitter saying Gareth was caught up in traffic on way to Dartford too, bless him. He must be exhausted.

Gareth was looking well today, and did fab considering the pressure he must have been under with the tight schedule! Wonderful meeting you Val, Inge and your husband. Hope you all got home safely without any problems. Don't worry about the station Val, it was on my way :) So, I arrived home and slept, and now I'm going to attempt to upload these videos.... raw, unedited footage coming up, so apologies if they're not great quality :)

x

Glad you got home safely Cat. Was a bit worried about you driving all that way with nothing to eat. No worries how long it takes you to upload the videos. As long as we get them in the end and I expect we'll still get them before I figure out how to get my pictures up.

It was lovely to meet you yesterday. Hope we'll get to meet again one day in better weather.:D